RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Minnesota Lynx 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 21846



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/17/20 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm still expecting Dantas to not be able to show up considering's Brazil's drastic increase in cases recently. Might force Collier to start at PF.

PG: Brown/Dangerfield
SG: Banham/Johnson
SF: Christmas-Kelly/Carleton
PF: Collier/Harrigan/Huff
CL Fowles/Alexander
Temp Susp: Sims



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54528



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/17/20 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Megan Huff signed
Ceci will miss the season (non-active, personal reasons)


Is this classified as an opt-out?


YES! She pick-pocketed the Lynx for a couple weeks pay and then decided to opt out. I’m very curious of the real driving force behind this very personal decision.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 8261
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/17/20 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Megan Huff signed
Ceci will miss the season (non-active, personal reasons)


Is this classified as an opt-out?


YES! She pick-pocketed the Lynx for a couple weeks pay and then decided to opt out. I’m very curious of the real driving force behind this very personal decision.

"Pick-pocketed", you mean accepted the paycheck that the league offered to everyone while they were in a holding pattern?

The driving force might well be no desire to come over to a country that hasn't handled the pandemic well and is looking poised for a second wave? To do this for a patched together season that your team is not expected to even be competitive for?

Not to mention, it might be a mutual decision between the team and Ceci where they asked her if she really wanted to come over, and if not, they were okay with her staying back. Remember, this is a team looking at next year much more tha this one. Her not coming over keeps her under team control longer and allows the team to use this season as an audition of sorts for some of the other players they signed, to see whether they will be part of the team's long term plans.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54528



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/17/20 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Megan Huff signed
Ceci will miss the season (non-active, personal reasons)


Is this classified as an opt-out?


YES! She pick-pocketed the Lynx for a couple weeks pay and then decided to opt out. I’m very curious of the real driving force behind this very personal decision.

"Pick-pocketed", you mean accepted the paycheck that the league offered to everyone while they were in a holding pattern?


Other players did opt out earlier. If you accept a spot in the final 12, there’s a reasonable expectation for you to go ahead and play, unless you didn’t like the plan the league came up with... 100% pay for 22 games. I wasn’t expecting that.

justintyme wrote:
The driving force might well be no desire to come over to a country that hasn't handled the pandemic well and is looking poised for a second wave?


Are you saying Zandalasini thinks WNBA players are stupid for playing this season? Is that your opinion as well? I think things are definitely looking better than they did a couple months ago.

justintyme wrote:
To do this for a patched together season that your team is not expected to even be competitive for?


Who’s expectations are these? Certainly not mine. Are you saying those are Reeve’s expectations.... to not be competitive? Not even try? Why not sit Fowles, Dantas (a dedicated foreign player), Collier, and suspend Sims for the season? Why risk anybody who is actually good? Zandalasini is NOT that special.

justintyme wrote:
Not to mention, it might be a mutual decision between the team and Ceci where they asked her if she really wanted to come over, and if not, they were okay with her staying back.


Could be. Zandalasini is not exactly a fitter on this team. I consider her a straight SF. I don’t like her as a SG. Not nimble and quick enough for my tastes. And this team has SF’s up the butt, especially if Maya comes back, and then where does Collier play? No, she’s not taking Dantas’s spot.

justintyme wrote:
Remember, this is a team looking at next year much more than this one.


That wasn’t the plan from the start. That became the plan in your mind after Reeve couldn’t execute in free agency this season. Even Reeve should be able to land a key free agent next season, but that doesn’t mean you give up on this season. One thing I do respect about Reeve is she’s competitive like me. She just couldn’t do much right this season (other than the Johnson trade), plus there was some bad luck.

justintyme wrote:
Her not coming over keeps her under team control longer and allows the team to use this season as an audition of sorts for some of the other players they signed, to see whether they will be part of the team's long term plans.


Great. Keep control of her long enough for Reeve to figure out she’s not fitter, and find someone who might trade for her. Like I said before, the Lynx shouldn’t bother going out of the way to make her a part of the team’s future, especially if Maya comes back. I feel the same way about Fagbenle. Fagbenle has said she struggles with the role the Lynx give her after being such a key player in Poland. Don’t bend over backwards keeping training camp level players this year in order to save a spot for her next year. She let the team down.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 15293
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/17/20 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

justintyme wrote:
The driving force might well be no desire to come over to a country that hasn't handled the pandemic well and is looking poised for a second wave?


Are you saying Zandalasini thinks WNBA players are stupid for playing this season? Is that your opinion as well?


Well, that escalated ...


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54528



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/17/20 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx's Cecilia Zandalasini skipping 2020 WNBA season
https://m.startribune.com/lynx-s-cecilia-zandalasini-skipping-2020-wnba-season/571319232/

Quote:
The Lynx will be without forward/guard Cecilia Zandalasini once again.


Quote:
“We have to be naïve to think there wouldn’t be an issue with some of the international players this year,” Lynx general manager and coach Cheryl Reeve said. “It was not a surprise.”


It’s the same problem teams have every season with certain international players, but other international players [Dantas, Zahui, Allen, Nurse, etc] are fiercely loyal to the WNBA. Zandalasini isn’t an example of one of those.

Quote:
[Huff] is not the passer that, say Jessica Shepard is. But she is a good three-point shooter and can rebound. Huff would back up starting power forward Damiris Dantas, who will be joining the team in Bradenton.


They seem quite certain that Dantas is showing up. Are they being naïve? No mention of Herbert-Harrigan, another foreign player. Carleton?

Quote:
Also in the mix: Odyssey Sims, who gave birth to a son in early April. Reeve said Sims is starting to work out. The good news: Reeve said Sims will join the team, at some point, in Bradenton.

Reeve believes Sims — an All-Star last year — will play for the team this summer. The question is when. Sims might not be ready to join the team at the start of camp. “Her body will tell her when it’s time,” Reeve said.


Finally some good news for Lynx fans who actually want to be competitive. But I’m curious though why fans shouldn’t be naive to think that there wouldn’t be an issue with a new mother and her child subjecting themselves to such a “dangerous” bubble environment.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 21846



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/20 5:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's interesting they Reeve thinks Dantas can show up. I have to imagine that 1.) She wants to play & 2.) Plans are already being made to get her into Bradenton.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3693
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/20 5:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
That's interesting they Reeve thinks Dantas can show up. I have to imagine that 1.) She wants to play & 2.) Plans are already being made to get her into Bradenton.

Where is Dantas right now? Is she in Brazil or in Minnesota?



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54528



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/20 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4kG-enx-We0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Huff might be alright. She looks to be shorter than advertised. Seems to prefer hanging out at the perimeter. Seems like Reeve is striving for all the same 3/4 type of forward, like maybe she’s following Hopkins’ small ball gameplan. Glad they have some size in Dantas.

Huff was originally drafted by the Liberty, so using the SpaceJunkie rule, maybe she’ll go on to do great things. Meh.





_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 4111
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/20 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Huff was originally drafted by the Liberty, so using the SpaceJunkie rule, maybe she’ll go on to do great things. Meh.


The New York Liberty Curse doesn't exist anymore. To win titles now you need a Lynx (Reeve) Reject and/or Wings Reject Aerial Powers. 😒


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9581
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/20 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
Huff was originally drafted by the Liberty, so using the SpaceJunkie rule, maybe she’ll go on to do great things. Meh.


The New York Liberty Curse doesn't exist anymore. To win titles now you need a Lynx (Reeve) Reject and/or Wings Reject Aerial Powers. 😒


You mean a Wings "Vigilante". This almost guarantees the ship to LA right ? Cool Cool Very Happy



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 4111
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/20 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
Huff was originally drafted by the Liberty, so using the SpaceJunkie rule, maybe she’ll go on to do great things. Meh.


The New York Liberty Curse doesn't exist anymore. To win titles now you need a Lynx (Reeve) Reject and/or Wings Reject Aerial Powers. 😒


You mean a Wings "Vigilante". This almost guarantees the ship to LA right ? Cool Cool Very Happy


Unlike 2 years ago, I'm going to figure out how to bet on the WNBA because if I'm going to be outraged, I want to earn money for it, and I'm willing to lose a certain amount of money to not be outraged.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54528



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/18/20 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allow="autoplay; fullscreen" src="https://w3.cdn.anvato.net/player/prod/v3/anvload.html?key=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%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%3D" width ="640" height="360"></iframe>



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54528



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/24/20 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=29211571&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1835
Location: East Grand Forks, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/01/20 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to her instagram story, Dantas may be on her way to the states.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 4111
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/01/20 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
According to her instagram story, Dantas may be on her way to the states.


Hopefully that answers a question that nobody of the Lynx Media ever bothers to ask.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54528



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/01/20 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
According to her instagram story, Dantas may be on her way to the states.


About time! Minnesota is back in the game!



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 21846



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/01/20 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
According to her instagram story, Dantas may be on her way to the states.


Hopefully that answers a question that nobody of the Lynx Media ever bothers to ask.


Good to hear!!



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 4111
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/01/20 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
According to her instagram story, Dantas may be on her way to the states.


Hopefully that answers a question that nobody of the Lynx Media ever bothers to ask.


Good to hear!!


Yay! Dantas is on my All-Underrated WNBA Team.

Main problem with Lynx last year was Sims & D-Rob weren't really a compatible backcourt. I have 99.9% confidence in Brown. Hopefully Sims can come back strong this year, or if not, not sure what will get out of Banham or Dangerfield. Hopefully Shenise Johnson is good again and isn't damaged goods. Someone has to figure out how to pass the ball without turning it over a dozen times a game.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54528



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/01/20 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5vyf8Q_IhYs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1835
Location: East Grand Forks, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/06/20 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
There will be two new starters at guard, with Shenise Johnson at one spot and the trio of ex-Gopher Rachel Banham, holdover of Lexie Brown and rookie Crystal Dangerfield vying for time at the other.


https://m.startribune.com/preparation-factors-under-bubble-a-mystery-as-lynx-begin-training-camp/571637892/[/quote]



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 21846



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/06/20 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Quote:
There will be two new starters at guard, with Shenise Johnson at one spot and the trio of ex-Gopher Rachel Banham, holdover of Lexie Brown and rookie Crystal Dangerfield vying for time at the other.


https://m.startribune.com/preparation-factors-under-bubble-a-mystery-as-lynx-begin-training-camp/571637892/
[/quote]

Reeve needs to realize that Banham isn't a PG. She should just backup Johnson at SG.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 61044
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/06/20 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
Quote:
There will be two new starters at guard, with Shenise Johnson at one spot and the trio of ex-Gopher Rachel Banham, holdover of Lexie Brown and rookie Crystal Dangerfield vying for time at the other.


https://m.startribune.com/preparation-factors-under-bubble-a-mystery-as-lynx-begin-training-camp/571637892/


Reeve needs to realize that Banham isn't a PG. She should just backup Johnson at SG.[/quote]

Given her career shooting numbers, she's not much of a SG either



_________________
The power of the police to fulfill their functions and duties is dependent on public approval of their existence, actions and behavior, and on their ability to secure and maintain public respect
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54528



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/06/20 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Q: What about the competition at the other guard spot with Lexie and Rachel?

A: It’s just hard to know. You can see them playing together, you can see them platooning in different situations. We won’t know until we get into camp. I think for our fans, I’m sure it’s going to be fun to watch that. I think it’s easy to say they’ll both be a part of it. Exactly how it looks, I don’t know. But I’m excited about both of them.


Usual Reeve mumbo jumbo. She managed to turn a “I haven’t a clue” into a whole paragraph. She should have some kind of idea who she thinks it’ll be.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 54528



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/08/20 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://m.startribune.com/live-from-the-bubble-lynx-aim-to-make-most-of-strange-season/571663772/

Lynx aren’t complaining about bubble life.

Quote:
“It’s really nice, and I like where we’re staying,” said Collier, who said she is staying in the villas part of the compound, while acknowledging there have been wider issues.

“It’s just Day 2. … We had a call earlier today where they addressed a lot of our concerns, which was really good.”


Quote:
“I’m just pretty easygoing. It don’t take much to please me,” Fowles said. “I just want to make sure I’m not trying to complain as much. Not everybody is going to be happy. … We’re just in Day 2, and we’ll see how this thing pans out.”

“It’s not normal for anyone. But you pretty much have to roll with it,” Fowles said. “If you’re positive about it, things will happen for you. If you just sit and complain, things won’t work out. We don’t want to be that team that complains.”



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin