RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Las Vegas Aces 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/11/20 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prayers up to plum . The paint just got a little more clogged for Vegas Embarassed

PostPosted: 06/11/20 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Who else could they bring in if Plum gets "temporarly suspended"?

The players are getting paid, which essentially means the season has started even though they’re not playing games. If Plum’s injury is basketball-related, then LVA is responsible. You can’t suspend someone if their injury is job-related. Working-out on your own during quarantine is akin to practice. And remember, suspended players don’t get paid. On the other hand, if it’s a non-basketball injury caused by reckless behavior, then there might be grounds to terminate her contract. The Aces seem very supportive of Kelsey, so I doubt that's the case. They also seem to like Plum and wouldn't want to lose her. I'd be surprised if she doesn't stay on the roster.

Laimbeer has that unused roster spot. If he needs outside shooting, then sign Te’a Cooper or Juicy Landrum. Or if he wants a little experience, Paris Kea is floating around. If Bill values familiarity with his system more than shooting, then Brittany Boyd is available..

PostPosted: 06/12/20 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Plum to miss 2020 season due to surgery.

https://aces.wnba.com/news/kelsey-plum-undergoes-successful-surgery-on-left-achilles-tendon/

just saw this. It's a nasty one. Crying or Very sad Hope for the best for her.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 06/16/20 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aces sign Alex Bentley

PostPosted: 06/16/20 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Aces sign Alex Bentley

Makes sense...

PostPosted: 06/16/20 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Because, if you need shooting, your first call should definitely be to Alex Bentley... Shocked

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
pilight

PostPosted: 06/16/20 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bentley is a willing shooter

PostPosted: 06/16/20 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Because, if you need shooting, your first call should definitely be to Alex Bentley... Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm probably not permitted to give a hate hard, but if I was, I would give one.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 06/16/20 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll allow it.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/16/20 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#hatehard Laughing

Stormeo

PostPosted: 06/16/20 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Aces sign Alex Bentley

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/nKFXQkxLRiEhy" width="360" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe>

toad455

PostPosted: 06/16/20 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm a bit surprised it's not a post. Makes me think Wilson will be used at center when Cambage sits and McCoughtry might be used at PF in streches.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 06/16/20 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'm a bit surprised it's not a post. Makes me think Wilson will be used at center when Cambage sits and McCoughtry might be used at PF in streches.

Uh, did Hamby announce that she was sitting out? Why would McCoughtry shift to PF, when Cambage goes to the bench?

toad455

PostPosted: 06/16/20 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Uh, did Hamby announce that she was sitting out? Why would McCoughtry shift to PF, when Cambage goes to the bench?

They only have 4 posts. Swords is last. If Hamby or Wilson are in foul trouble, McCoughtry might have to play PF.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/23/20 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NfQX6E74xYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 06/29/20 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29380757/aces-angel-mccoughtry-pleased-jersey-name-idea-caught-on

This is a long article mostly about McCoughtry pushing for social justice themed game jerseys, but I’ll focus on the other stuff.

Quote:
"I still want to compete," she said, "and I haven't played basketball in so long. I'm going to be a little older Angel, but athletically, I'm still there. I've still got it."

Quote:
"I think if we follow the proper protocol, we should be OK," McCoughtry said of the WNBA's attempts to establish a bubble. "We're regularly going to be tested. We all have that thought in the back of our minds, like, 'What if?' But I just think we still have to continue to live, as long as we commit to being safe."

Quote:
McCoughtry also said she supports those players who have opted to sit out this WNBA season, either for health reasons or to focus on other initiatives.

"I want to show people that you can fight for social justice on and off the court," she said. "It's your individual preference. We have people who are doing both."

Quote:
On Sunday, McCoughtry addressed the latest issue regarding Loeffler. In an interview with Fox News on Thursday, Loeffler said Black Americans in Atlanta carrying guns while protesting the death of Rayshard Brooks at the hands of police were an example of "mob rule." Yet Loeffler also frequently has said she's a strong advocate of the Second Amendment.

McCoughtry said she was disappointed with Loeffler's choice of words, and called it hurtful.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/04/20 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aces sign Warley-Talbert. Seems like a despration move. First they lure Swords back from retirement, then bring back a player that got cut in favor of bringing Swords back. Megdal says this means Cambage isn't coming over.

https://aces.wnba.com/news/aces-sign-center-avery-warley-talbert/

PG: Robinson/Allen
SG: McBride/Rodgers/Bentley
SF: McCoughtry/Young
PF: Hamby
C: Wilson/Swords/Warley-Talbert
IR: Plum
OPT-OUT: Cambage

Stormeo

PostPosted: 07/04/20 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Liz Cambage has opted-out.

https://thenext.substack.com/p/liz-cambage-will-not-play-in-the

Color me shocked.

She probably waited to get that last paycheck, then opted-out.

It all sounds like something she'd do. Razz Anyways, switching Cambage out for Warley-Talbert, amongst many other things, really hurts not only the calling-card bulkiness of their inside presence but also somehow their outside shooting? There's no real post depth outside of the presumable starters, Hamby and Wilson. McCoughtry now probably will be used at the 4 now from time to time - though she'll get more shots up now, for whatever that's worth...

toad455

PostPosted: 07/04/20 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I get that Laimbeer knows Warley-Talbert, but was she really the best post option to bring in?

Shades

PostPosted: 07/04/20 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

PG: Robinson/Allen
SG: McBride/Rodgers/Bentley
SF: McCoughtry/Young
PF: Hamby
C: Wilson/Swords/Warley-Talbert
IR: Plum
OPT-OUT: Cambage

They wouldn’t bring in another “true” center if they intended to put Wilson at center. It’d be more like this.

DRob/LAllen
McBride/Rodgers/Bentley
McCoughtry/Young
Wilson/Hamby
Swords/Warley-Talbert

Weak at center, but still pretty nice depth overall.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/04/20 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’d start hamby at this point . If not she might not stay next season. This is prime time for her if she is indeed a true 6th man of the year .

PostPosted: 07/04/20 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I’d start hamby at this point . If not she might not stay next season. This is prime time for her if she is indeed a true 6th woman of the year .

stever

PostPosted: 07/04/20 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Agent: Cambage expected out; severe risk if she gets virus

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/national/story/2020-07-04/agent-cambage-expected-out-severe-risk-if-she-gets-virus

Quote:
“In the evaluation of Liz Cambage’s health and pre-existing risk factors with her team doctor, we believe her to be at high-risk for severe illness if she contracts COVID-19 in participating this WNBA season,” Cambage’s agent, Allison Galer, told The Associated Press on Saturday night. “We are awaiting the league’s determination based on an independent physician panel.”

Galer declined to elaborate what the pre-exisiting conditions were, citing Cambage’s privacy.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/04/20 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Quote:
Agent: Cambage expected out; severe risk if she gets virus

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/national/story/2020-07-04/agent-cambage-expected-out-severe-risk-if-she-gets-virus

Quote:
“In the evaluation of Liz Cambage’s health and pre-existing risk factors with her team doctor, we believe her to be at high-risk for severe illness if she contracts COVID-19 in participating this WNBA season,” Cambage’s agent, Allison Galer, told The Associated Press on Saturday night. “We are awaiting the league’s determination based on an independent physician panel.”

Galer declined to elaborate what the pre-exisiting conditions were, citing Cambage’s privacy.

Didn't she claim to already have it?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 07/04/20 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I’d start hamby at this point . If not she might not stay next season. This is prime time for her if she is indeed a true 6th man of the year .

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
I’d start hamby at this point . If not she might not stay next season. This is prime time for her if she is indeed a true 6th woman of the year .

Ok I gotta put this out there. Can't "man" refer to just an actual human, as opposed to an adult male? "Mankind"? Like, when wbb broadcasters call it "woman-to-woman" defense or "player-to-player" defense (I always think of Ros Gold-Onwude with the latter lol) instead of "man-to-man", can't "man-to-man" or in this particular case "6th man" still be correct if the word "man" refers to a human individual and not an adult male? Like, if I were calling wbb games as a broadcaster, I'd say "man-to-man" defense, etc. That's where I'm coming from, which is why I don't get offended by anyone saying the word "man" in those particular contexts for wbb. Sorry for rambling, just felt like throwing in my two cents here. Laughing

Last edited by Stormeo on 07/05/20 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17

Jump to: