RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

George Floyd
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 06/03/20 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=29254300&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe></embed>

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29254300

PostPosted: 06/03/20 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=29258095&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe></embed>

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29258095

PostPosted: 06/03/20 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Three more cops charged in George Floyd death, other officer's murder charge upgraded to 2nd degree murder
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/03/3-more-cops-charged-in-george-floyd-death-other-officers-murder-charge-upgraded.html

Quote:
But a local newspaper, the Star Tribune, earlier said the trio will be charged with aiding and abetting second-degree murder, citing sources.

The ex-cops had assisted Chauvin in arresting Floyd on Memorial Day on the suspicion that Floyd passed a counterfeit bill.

Chauvin, who is white, was charged on Friday with third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter after video footage emerged showing him kneeling on Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes as Floyd, a black man, lay handcuffed, crying out that he could not breathe.

Quote:
The criminal complaint against Chauvin details Kueng’s and Lane’s actions during Floyd’s arrest. According to the complaint, Kueng held Floyd’s back and Lane held his legs.

At one point, Kueng checked for a pulse, and said “I couldn’t find one,” according to the complaint. But he and the other cops stayed in their positions for approximately two more minutes.

Floyd repeatedly told the officers that he could not breathe, cried out for his deceased mother, and asked the officers “please,” the complaint against Chauvin reads.

In all, Chauvin held his knee on Floyd’s neck for eight minutes and 46 seconds, including for nearly three minutes after Floyd became nonresponsive, according to the complaint.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 06/03/20 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Three more cops charged in George Floyd death, other officer's murder charge upgraded to 2nd degree murder
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/03/3-more-cops-charged-in-george-floyd-death-other-officers-murder-charge-upgraded.html

Quote:
But a local newspaper, the Star Tribune, earlier said the trio will be charged with aiding and abetting second-degree murder, citing sources.

The ex-cops had assisted Chauvin in arresting Floyd on Memorial Day on the suspicion that Floyd passed a counterfeit bill.

Chauvin, who is white, was charged on Friday with third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter after video footage emerged showing him kneeling on Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes as Floyd, a black man, lay handcuffed, crying out that he could not breathe.

Quote:
The criminal complaint against Chauvin details Kueng’s and Lane’s actions during Floyd’s arrest. According to the complaint, Kueng held Floyd’s back and Lane held his legs.

At one point, Kueng checked for a pulse, and said “I couldn’t find one,” according to the complaint. But he and the other cops stayed in their positions for approximately two more minutes.

Floyd repeatedly told the officers that he could not breathe, cried out for his deceased mother, and asked the officers “please,” the complaint against Chauvin reads.

In all, Chauvin held his knee on Floyd’s neck for eight minutes and 46 seconds, including for nearly three minutes after Floyd became nonresponsive, according to the complaint.

Took long enough.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Howee

PostPosted: 06/03/20 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Took long enough.

Really. Rolling Eyes Quicker action could have equaled less rioting. Too simple.
"....when will they ever learn?"

PostPosted: 06/03/20 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="607" height="342" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EQIf3Na3tvI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/EQIf3Na3tvI

PostPosted: 06/03/20 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 06/03/20 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36

PostPosted: 06/04/20 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hundreds Gather at a Memorial for George Floyd in Minneapolis

Quote:
The event was open only to invited guests and family members, but hundreds of people gathered outside the chapel under cloudy skies. Outside on the street, T-shirts with images of Mr. Floyd and “I can’t breathe” across his mouth were on sale.

“We have to be united, even with Covid,” said Yousif Hussein, 29, who was planning to attend the memorial for Mr. Floyd.

“I have to show solidarity with George Floyd,” Mr. Hussein said

The service, to be led by the Rev. Al Sharpton, comes a day after enhanced charges were announced against the white police officer who wedged his knee onto Mr. Floyd’s neck, Derek Chauvin, as well as the new charges against three other officers who participated in the arrest. All have been fired.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hundreds-gather-at-a-memorial-for-george-floyd-in-minneapolis/ar-BB152wW8?ocid=spartanntp

PostPosted: 06/04/20 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tell me again about how both sides are bad.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AzkJycJWPZk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sambista

PostPosted: 06/05/20 3:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

^^^ that's some powerful shit.

meanwhile, this is some sick shit. i can't post the nyt video, but it's at the top of the story.

Buffalo Police Officers Suspended After Shoving 75-Year-Old Protester
The protester, who was seen on video motionless on the ground and bleeding from his ear, was in serious condition late Thursday.

PostPosted: 06/05/20 4:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess the plan is to start bullying more white people so they won't be called racist?

PostPosted: 06/05/20 7:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This thread started with 10 videos of police brutality in these protest. It's now got over 300

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1266751520055459847

PostPosted: 06/05/20 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w9EzAzXUQ-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Genero36

PostPosted: 06/05/20 7:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 06/05/20 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DC paints 'Black Lives Matter' on street leading to the White House

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/501318-dc-paints-black-lives-matter-on-street-leading-to-the-white

Quote:
Painters started on the project early Friday morning after being contacted by D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser (D), according to multiple reports. Bowser’s chief of staff John Falcicchio tweeted Friday “There was a dispute this week about whose street this is. Mayor Bowser wanted to make it abundantly clear that this is DC’s street and to honor demonstrators who peacefully protesting on Monday evening.”

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 06/05/20 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have you heard what ChickenShitBunkerBoy said today?!

"George is looking down....and sees what a great day it is".

PostPosted: 06/05/20 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
DC paints 'Black Lives Matter' on street leading to the White House

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/501318-dc-paints-black-lives-matter-on-street-leading-to-the-white

Quote:
Painters started on the project early Friday morning after being contacted by D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser (D), according to multiple reports. Bowser’s chief of staff John Falcicchio tweeted Friday “There was a dispute this week about whose street this is. Mayor Bowser wanted to make it abundantly clear that this is DC’s street and to honor demonstrators who peacefully protesting on Monday evening.”

final product
https://twitter.com/i/status/1268916115809488896

pilight

PostPosted: 06/05/20 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's more!

PostPosted: 06/05/20 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

At this point, I’m ready to move to the second galaxy. Away from earth. Lord! I’m tired

PostPosted: 06/05/20 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

i think it's clear how i feel about tripe, but that is not what he said. a lot of news outlets are presenting what he said as george floyd looking down today, because of the unemployment numbers, and saying it's a great day. tripe knew what he was doing, and you can accuse him of deliberate conflation, but that's not what he said. first of all, he started his sentence with "hopefully, george is looking down . . ." and the remark was bookended with remarks about justice and equality. oh, yeah. tripe knew exactly what he was doing, but we don't need to start making up shit like he does. we don't need to embellish, because we've already arrived at that netherworld beyond the pale.

let's stay on the straight and narrow.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 06/05/20 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

i think it's clear how i feel about tripe, but that is not what he said. a lot of news outlets are presenting what he said as george floyd looking down today, because of the unemployment numbers, and saying it's a great day. tripe knew what he was doing, and you can accuse him of deliberate conflation, but that's not what he said. first of all, he started his sentence with "hopefully, george is looking down . . ." and the remark was bookended with remarks about justice and equality. oh, yeah. tripe knew exactly what he was doing, but we don't need to start making up shit like he does. we don't need to embellish, because we've already arrived at that netherworld beyond the pale.

“Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that’s happening for our country,” President Trump said, mentioning George Floyd while touting the jobs report. “This is a great day for him. It’s a great day for everybody.”

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 06/05/20 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

(Well, some of us just....CAN'T. Razz Laughing )

If there is ANY 'silver lining' to this entire debacle, I hope it manifests itself in voter turnout. After voting here in MAGA-ville on Tuesday, surrounded by Republicans at every turn, I cling to the hope that EVERY LAST CITIZEN OF COLOR is motivated to get out and vote, alongside all the rest of us who want a Real president that is capable of unifying.

PostPosted: 06/05/20 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
sambista wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

“Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that’s happening for our country,” President Trump said, mentioning George Floyd while touting the jobs report. “This is a great day for him. It’s a great day for everybody.”

Rolling Eyes

right. i'm not suggesting this makes what he said any less infuriating, or excuses him or anything. he's an idiot. i'm more unhappy about news reports that took an unfortunate detour with tripe's statement.

PostPosted: 06/05/20 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

I think you're way late.

Let's say there's three entities: Trump, the press, and the public. Trump says something. Some in the press do exactly what YOU just described here. Some in the public see it exactly as you did here. And they react the same way you did. Wait, that's not exactly what he said/meant etc.

Close maybe. Fucked up anyway most assuredly. But not characterized exactly as it truly was. And then they are filled with the same exact sentiment you express in your second post, "i'm more unhappy about news reports that took an unfortunate detour with tripe's statement."

This has been done non-stop for the last three plus years. I'd never seen it before from the mainstream media. I actually hadn't seen it since I was a kid from other children and usually there was an adult around to straighten things out. It was, as far as I knew, something deemed to be intellectually dishonest. It immediately called into question someone's, or, in this case, the institution of the press's, by and large, very credibility as a source of trusted information.

If you take someone misspeaking, or something they say and create a different context for it than the one the speaker was intending, for the purpose of mischaracterizing what that person was saying, that was, heretofore (meaning before Trump) seen as unacceptable.

And underestimating the intelligence of the American people, which is something we do because so many are under-educated, but they have children, and they are street smart. They do know the rules of honesty and they see this stuff for what it is and it has turned them so against the press that the level of distrust they have for the mainstream media is now at dangerous levels.

Just during the pandemic daily briefing era I couldn't keep up with the attempts to gotcha Trump or even some of the others on the platform.

We're just so screwed right now.

With Trump, you can just start with the fact that he has what we used to call diarrhea of the mouth. So he's going to say stupid shit every time he steps up to a microphone. Do we really need to twist his words and intent?

And, of course, the reason this is happening? It's the scariest netherworld that can exist beyond the pale. They're doing this because of the fact that Twitter eats this stuff for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They're doing it for likes, for their coverage to go viral on Twitter, and they know that there is this huge magic carpet of resisters etc. on Twitter that can't get enough of it.

And all of this shit, has created, from an already bad actor who was unfit to be president, an absolute MONSTER who is threatening to eat up our democracy in an act of spiteful revenge.

GOOD JOB!

I was watching this Alex Azar on CNN a few weeks ago. And he said something like the problem is with the diversity of our population, etc. Something about immunity. The thing is, he clearly misspoke. If you were watching it, if you were talking to him, you would not have taken his actual use of the words 'problem' and 'diversity' in the context in which he was speaking in any sort of negative light, except maybe to laugh and say, Hey, Alex, you might want to clean up your thought there before you get dragged on Twitter.

But as soon as the words came out of his mouth, the little boy a-smile-is-a-frown-turned-upside-down frown appeared on Jake Tapper's face. His head even tilted like dog trying to understand what he just heard. Instead of being a professional in the moment with another professional who misspoke as a human sometimes will, Jake Tapper saw the opportunity for he and his network to get themselves trending on Twitter. And that's exactly what happened.

All you have to do as reporters is tell the truth. Be respectful of the office and the functionaries that you're dealing with. This group was always going to serve up their failures for you to legitimately capitalize on. Protect your own reputation and the trust you absolutely have to have with the American people to do your job effectively.

You have to wonder (actually I don't, I believe I know) but people who hate Trump and are aware of all the destructive things his administration has done the last three years have to wonder why does the media continue to focus on trying to make a public fool out of this guy? Why are they all one-trick ponies? Why not focus on the horrific policies and the administrative incompetence. Why just constantly focusing on how bad a person Trump is?

It's not working!

Good God just look at the hydroxychloroquine whipsaw. Trump is for it. It must be bad. Well, it was already being touted as a possible treatment for the virus. So the media PILES ON hydroxychloroquine like it was something Trump was brewing up in his bathtub.

EVERY article that seemed to question the efficacy or safety of hydroxychloroquine contained IN THE HEADLINE something like, DRUG TOUTED BY TRUMP, etc.

CNN does a one hour SPECIAL REPORT on the entire Donald Trump hydroxychloroquine disaster... I'm not sure it was before or after the latest study that found that hydroxychloroquine was ineffective as a treatment for coronavirus.

And now what? WHAT? That study has been discredited.

Man I love a hostile media. I really do. Speak truth to power. Hold their feet over the fire. I've lived on that shit, where ever I could find it, my entire life.

I'm telling you this isn't it. These people are fucking liars. They're no better than the politicians now. I don't know how that happened or why. I just know it has happened and that's the world we're living in now.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: