RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Joe Biden vs. Donald Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/19/20 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I don't know how we got going on that, but speaking of Obama.

I've noticed Michelle's name in the news with her new projects, etc. lately. It makes me think that she's going to be the pick for VP. Might have been the idea all along.

Now, as underwhelmed as I was with the Obama administration, and as completely on board as I am with some of the recent take-downs of the Obama's on Krystal Ball's Rising show, which are MUST SEE and I will post them here, and lord knows, as much as I despise the Hollywood-funded Democratic Party that is personified on the politics side by the Obamas, I could seriously get on board with Michelle Obama as VP.

Because I think that, unlike anything else, will deliver the black vote (got my head taken off here 12 years ago for suggesting that about her husband) but it will also deliver into the White House proper both Obamas and, voila, I would suggest very shortly on into the Biden administration, Michelle Obama as the first woman president. Cause Joe ain't gonna be doing anything by his second year 'cept watchin' Wheel of Fortune and having some of that good applesauce he likes. Oh. And dreaming of 12 year old girls.

My theory after two terms of GWB was that the best thing for the country would have been for us to get Hillary AND Bill back in the White House. The Twofer. All that experience and capability to undo the damage, etc. I'm still a proponent of that kind of thinking.

And I'm thinking that might be even more needed now. So my own personal political reservations about the Obama era and that brand of Democrat being back in power, I don't see anything possibly happening that could be better for all of us.

PostPosted: 05/19/20 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've always said that Biden would only do one term because of his age. Michelle Obama is interesting as she's said she doesn't want to get into politics after Barack finished his presidency. But things may have changed recently considering what a sh!tshow is going on right now with #45.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/19/20 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I've always said that Biden would only do one term because of his age. Michelle Obama is interesting as she's said she doesn't want to get into politics after Barack finished his presidency. But things may have changed recently considering what a sh!tshow is going on right now with #45.

And the rebuking of the Obamas by this administration. It would leave Obama’s two terms, and I won’t imbue this with any of my own scorn for the Obama presidency, but it would leave it ‘where it lies’ right now. When you could get back in there, triumphantly trumping Trump, and with, yes, many challenges due to the damage Trump has done, but with a fresh perspective and a second chance to be more progressive and with the experience needed to actually patch up the holes you left in your legacy as well as the ones left by Trump.

Let me ask you all. Is there anyone here who could, for the sake of the country at large, and with Biden at the top of the ticket, craft a better outcome this election year than that?

PostPosted: 05/20/20 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump threatens funding for Michigan over absentee ballot program
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/05/20/nation/trump-threatens-funding-michigan-over-absentee-ballot-program/

Quote:
President Donald Trump threatened Wednesday to hold up coronavirus relief money for Michigan after he said — erroneously — that the state had sent absentee ballots to millions of voters. It’s not clear that he can do so.

Michigan mailed applications for the absentee ballots, not the ballots themselves.

“Michigan sends absentee ballots to 7.7 million people ahead of Primaries and the General Election," Trump tweeted Wednesday. “This was done illegally and without authorization by a rogue Secretary of State. I will ask to hold up funding to Michigan if they want to go down this Voter Fraud path!”

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Genero36

PostPosted: 05/24/20 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"Both of them have a tremendous personal strain to their policy. They really do see policy in terms of, for Biden, in terms of his middle class upbringing, and the same really for Elizabeth," Cordray said. "And it's something that neither of them has ever lost through many years in the public arena. A lot of people do kind of move on from their roots, but neither of them ever has."

Quote:
"It was Elizabeth Warren back in January who had a plan for coronavirus. No one else was talking about that then," said Rebecca Katz, a progressive political strategist. "She had a plan about the health crisis around the coronavirus and a plan about the economic crisis. Imagine if we actually did what she advised in the plans a few months ago -- where we would be right now?"

Quote:
"I don't claim to know who (Biden) is going to select, but as far as I'm concerned, I think he should go for someone who has the qualifications necessary to serve as vice president," said Jim Manley, a longtime aide to Reid. "And I'm not convinced everyone being discussed meets that criteria."

As for Warren?

"Very much so. I mean, she's a one-woman policy shop!" Manley said. "She obviously has the policy chops, but possibly more importantly, she knows how to move the levers of power within the regulatory process to get things done."

Quote:
"Senator Warren has had a long history of being very focused on personnel as a means of effectuating progressive change," he told CNN. "And obviously that's would be an incredibly valuable skill in the administration."

Choosing Warren would also help Biden with his small dollar fundraising, cut down on potential grumbling from progressives skeptical of his commitment to engaging their ideas and potentially inspire Warren's considerable grassroots support to become more active in the campaign.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/elizabeth-warren-democrats-see-her-as-rising-vp-contender-as-coronavirus-reshuffles-2020-race/ar-BB14wDpV?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 05/29/20 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05/29/20 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The George Floyd situation probably killed Klobuchar's chances at the VP nod

PostPosted: 05/29/20 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

That's a good thing.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
tfan

PostPosted: 05/29/20 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like the Michigan governor as a VP choice. She seems very normal and down to earth for a politician. I don't think it will be Warren as the Democratic rich don't like her. But with the Floyd situation and "you ain't black" Kamala Harris is who I would bet on.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/29/20 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Although, considering Biden's propensity for gaffe-making, she just might get picked anyway.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/29/20 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

A Times of London writer thinks so ("put paid"):

Quote:
The chaos in Minneapolis, the city where Ms Klobuchar lives and which is in Minnesota, the state she represents in the Senate, may have put paid to her hopes of the vice-presidency. Focus on America’s racial divides will increase the clamour for Mr Biden, 77, to pick a non-white running mate. He has already vowed to select a woman.

They also point out that Klobuchar didn't do well with minority voters in the primary and that she has been accused of going light on charges of police abuse when she was a prosecutor, which she vigorously denies. They have Kamala Harris as the front-runner but point out the issues with her time as a prosecutor.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/30/20 2:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ya, no. Stacey Abrams. All the way, baby. Cool

PostPosted: 05/30/20 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

(i don't know why) i didn't realize susan rice was in the offing, but i'd want her first. val demings, second (though i doubt that'll happen). and warren would be okay, too, regardless.

PostPosted: 05/30/20 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
(i don't know why) i didn't realize susan rice was in the offing, but i'd want her first. val demings, second (though i doubt that'll happen). and warren would be okay, too, regardless.

Speaking of Rices, what about Condoleeza!!? Shocked Yeah, I know, I know....but she'd make a good choice to win over disgruntled Republicans, of which there are plenty, no? I always liked the woman, what I knew of her intellect and acumen for protocol.

PostPosted: 05/30/20 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
sambista wrote:

Speaking of Rices, what about Condoleeza!!? Shocked Yeah, I know, I know....but she'd make a good choice to win over disgruntled Republicans, of which there are plenty, no? I always liked the woman, what I knew of her intellect and acumen for protocol.

Condoleeza Rice is a war criminal. How this woman kept her reputation in tact as a key architect of the Iraq War boggles my mind.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/30/20 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Howee wrote:
sambista wrote:

Condoleeza Rice is a war criminal. How this woman kept her reputation in tact as a key architect of the Iraq War boggles my mind.

It doesn’t seem like anybody had their reputations damaged by their Iraq invasion war crimes. Not only was there no “Meuller Report” style investigation, the entire regime was re-elected.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/30/20 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Howee wrote:
sambista wrote:

You'd have to come up with more than dire aspersions to convince me of that. Like Colin Powell, I believe she acted/advised in genuine concern.... initially.

The Good News: John Bolton, Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney didn't like her.
The Bad News: she doesn't support gay marriage.

And I really was kidding about the VP thing. Razz

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/31/20 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did you read this puff piece on Rice the War Criminal, Howee?

https://theweek.com/articles/446657/no-condoleezza-rice-not-war-criminal

...and lots of support for those who got Condoleezza Rice to cancel her appearance at the Rutgers graduation ceremony.

Why were many readers cheered by the outcome in Condi's case but not the others?

Because she's a "war criminal."

To which my response is: No, she isn't.

(btw, what is this love affair you have w/ the PAC12?) Smile

PostPosted: 05/31/20 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
(btw, what is this love affair you have w/ the PAC12?) Smile

Oh, myyy....it goes back many years, to the Stanford days of Brooke and Jillian and Candy, and even Myrtle. The O sisters got me to the FF in '11. But don't be envious: they'd even let YOU be a PAC 12 fan, if you'd say the right things. Razz

PostPosted: 05/31/20 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cherokee Trail of Tears
Japanese American internment
Philippine-American War
Jim Crow
The genocide of Native Americans
Transatlantic slave trade
The Middle Passage
The history of White American racism
Black Codes
Slave patrols
Ku Klux Klan
The War on Drugs
Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
How white racism grew out of slavery and genocide
How whites still benefit from slavery and genocide
White anti-racism
The Southern strategy
The rape of black slave women
CORE
Madison Grant
The Indian Wars
Human zoos
How the Jews became white
White flight
Redlining
Proposition 14
Homestead Act
Tulsa Riots
Rosewood massacre
Tuskegee Experiment
Lynching
Hollywood stereotypes
Indian Appropriations Acts
Immigration Act of 1924
Sundown towns
Chinese Exclusion Act
Emmett Till
Vincent Chin
Islamophobia
Indian boarding schools
King Philip’s War
Bacon’s Rebellion
American slavery compared to Arab, Roman and Latin American slavery
History of the gun
History of the police
History of prisons
History of white suburbia
Lincoln’s racism and anti-racism
George Wallace
Fox News
Cointelpro
Real estate steering
School tracking
Mass incarceration of black men
Boston school busing riots

PostPosted: 05/31/20 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Cause Joe ain't gonna be doing anything by his second year 'cept watchin' Wheel of Fortune and having some of that good applesauce he likes. Oh. And dreaming of 12 year old girls.

What an absolutely disgusting thing to say.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/31/20 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is just ONE of several Trump/Pence e-mails I've been peppered with today. I have every confidence that the campaign of theirs has *read* their targeted constituency with pinpoint accuracy. (What kind of mentally challenged people BUY this shit?? Shocked) This particular e-mail came with the title, "We NEVER do this!"
Quote:
Trump Pence Keep America Great

Howee,
You have been selected!

You’ve been identified as one of President Trump’s TOP supporters (even though I've never given a penny, Rolling Eyes) and we wanted to reach out to let you know about your EXCLUSIVE offer.

President Trump originally authorized a 300%-Match on all contributions, but we’re SO CLOSE to CRUSHING our $8,000,000 May End-of-Month Goal that he’s decided to up the stakes.

For a limited time, President Trump has authorized a 500%-MATCH on your next contribution made toward our May End-of-Month GOAL.

That’s right, Howard. When you make your next contribution, it will make A HUGE IMPACT!

But, this offer is only available for the NEXT HOUR, so you need to act fast.

Please contribute ANY AMOUNT in the NEXT HOUR to help us CRUSH our May End-of-Month Goal and your gift will be 500%-MATCHED. >>

MAY END-OF-MONTH DEADLINE

CONTRIBUTE $5 = $20

CONTRIBUTE $20 = $80

CONTRIBUTE $15 = $60

CONTRIBUTE $10 = $40

CONTRIBUTE ANY AMOUNT

It’s going to take EVERY Patriot stepping up so we can WIN BIG in November, and President Trump is counting on you.

The President will be reviewing the list of Deadline Donors later tonight. Will he see Howee on it?

Please contribute ANY AMOUNT IMMEDIATELY to get your name on the list and your gift will automatically be 500%-MATCHED.

Thank you,

Team Trump 2020

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

No, wait.....these are my fellow Americans?? Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 05/31/20 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
Cause Joe ain't gonna be doing anything by his second year 'cept watchin' Wheel of Fortune and having some of that good applesauce he likes. Oh. And dreaming of 12 year old girls.

What an absolutely disgusting thing to say.

Could I borrow your response and use it like two or three times a day here on Rebkell’s?

PostPosted: 06/01/20 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump talks tough about how Minneapolis needs help with their protests, and then he ends up hiding in his bunker when the protests come to the White House. Surprised
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BO5Hl0VRkOY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
sambista

PostPosted: 06/01/20 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Trump talks tough about how Minneapolis needs help with their protests, and then he ends up hiding in his bunker when the protests come to the White House. Surprised
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BO5Hl0VRkOY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

because he's a punk-ass bitch.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: