Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/26/20 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-announce-12-woman-roster/

Quote:
The Sparks also announced today that 2020 draftees Beatrice Mompremier and Tynice Martin have been waived, and center Maria Vadeeva has been moved to the suspended list. The team remains in close contact with Vadeeva who will rejoin the Sparks in 2021. Sparks 2020 second round pick Leonie Fiebich, from Germany, will also remain overseas.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 05/26/20 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Gray/Wiese
Toliver/Williams/Augustus
TRP/Sykes
N. Ogwumike/Gulich
Parker/C. Ogwumike/Anigwe

Overall, not bad. Weakness [remains] the 3 spot. Posts got weaker (Vadeeva/Brown v. Gulich/Anigwe). Biggest gain is Toliver who can play both guard positions and hopefully prevent Gray from getting fatigued and overused like Fisher did last year.

Not real big on Anigwe, especially after the incident with Griner last year. I hope she proves that she can contribute. I assume that Vadeeva wasn't planning/was uanble to come over.

Yes, I've been complaining about the 3 spot for years. I do like Sykes because she is a slasher and LA hasn't had that in a while... I hope Gulich and Anigwe are able to find a rhythm. Should be an interesting year, if/when...

Good point. Yes, I am excited about Sykes as a slasher and her athleticism as well. Fingers crossed that the season happens and starts sooner as opposed to later.
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/26/20 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In Mompremier’s instance, the new CBA hurt her rather than helped.

PostPosted: 05/26/20 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Gray/Wiese
Toliver/Williams/Augustus
TRP/Sykes
N. Ogwumike/Gulich
Parker/C. Ogwumike/Anigwe

Overall, not bad. Weakness [remains] the 3 spot. Posts got weaker (Vadeeva/Brown v. Gulich/Anigwe). Biggest gain is Toliver who can play both guard positions and hopefully prevent Gray from getting fatigued and overused like Fisher did last year.

Not real big on Anigwe, especially after the incident with Griner last year. I hope she proves that she can contribute. I assume that Vadeeva wasn't planning/was uanble to come over.

Yes, I've been complaining about the 3 spot for years. I do like Sykes because she is a slasher and LA hasn't had that in a while... I hope Gulich and Anigwe are able to find a rhythm. Should be an interesting year, if/when...

Good point. Yes, I am excited about Sykes as a slasher and her athleticism as well. Fingers crossed that the season happens and starts sooner as opposed to later.

Sykes has been my favorite player for 3 years, so I was sorry to see her leave the Dream. If she could get consistent on her 3 point shot (reaching at least her rookie level-33.6%) she could be really good. She did much better under Cooper (who gave her a green light) than Collen.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/26/20 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:

I know I've been the one pointing out the maths that hurt her chances, but I think in some ways it's just created an 'excuse' for why she didn't make the roster. There's also a pretty decent chance that LA just think Gulich and Anigwe are better.

PostPosted: 05/26/20 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

I know I've been the one pointing out the maths that hurt her chances, but I think in some ways it's just created an 'excuse' for why she didn't make the roster. There's also a pretty decent chance that LA just think Gulich and Anigwe are better.

I would have said "There is also a pretty decent chance that LA think just Mompremier is even worse than Gulich and Anigwe."

toad455

PostPosted: 05/26/20 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

I would have said "There is also a pretty decent chance that LA think just Mompremier is even worse than Gulich and Anigwe."

I'd take Mompremier over Gulich. She just costs more than her. Hoping Vegas picks her up.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/26/20 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

I'd take Mompremier over Gulich. She just costs more than her. Hoping Vegas picks her up.

Dallas needs to give Mompremeire a look ASAP !

PostPosted: 05/26/20 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Since she wasn’t part of the trade there may not be interest in her. I can’t imagine the Sparks would have said no to trading her if they preferred to have Kristine Anigwe over her (even if money is the only reason).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/27/20 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Since she wasn’t part of the trade there may not be interest in her. I can’t imagine the Sparks would have said no to trading her if they preferred to have Kristine Anigwe over her (even if money is the only reason).

Yeah I thought this as well once I heard of the trade like why not just take Mompremeire instead of a draft pick that probably wont pan out next season anyway ?

PostPosted: 05/27/20 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Maria Vadeeva in 2020? How can the Sparks win another championship without the Anointed One, without their Messiah? I was looking forward to the young Russian taking her game to the next level. We need someone to bang with the Big Girls in this league, and Maria is our designated Enforcer.

PostPosted: 06/09/20 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More from the Ex Gm

https://youtu.be/LYCnRfdXs2I

PostPosted: 06/11/20 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
More from the Ex Gm

https://youtu.be/LYCnRfdXs2I

Thanks for posting!

Shades

PostPosted: 06/16/20 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 06/16/20 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm assuming that's Gulich?

pilight

PostPosted: 06/26/20 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kristi Toliver opts out

PostPosted: 06/26/20 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chiney Ogwumike opts out

PostPosted: 06/26/20 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks now looking like a lotto team.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/26/20 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG: Gray/Wiese
SG: Williams/Augustus
SF: TRP/Sykes
PF: N. Ogwumike/Gulich
C: Parker/Anigwe

Probably opens up the door to sign someone like Karlie Samuelson and possibly Brittany Boyd.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 06/26/20 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I'll be a little surprised if Parker doesn't opt out, particularly if TNT continues to broadcast the NBA games while they happen - not saying TNT would need her in that way; rather, she can use it as an excuse. And if Nneka weren't WNBPA President, she too would probably opt out with her sister (heck, I suppose nothing's actually stopping her from doing so other than bad optics - if she even prioritizes that over health concerns). Though if even one of those moves happen, well, it's a darn shame Mompremier isn't available anymore!

pilight

PostPosted: 06/26/20 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reading Toliver's statement, it sounds like she's not going to the NBA bubble either.

PostPosted: 06/27/20 3:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Chiney Ogwumike opts out

She might not ever return. I tink most people assumed she was not going to play very long when she came to LA. I don't know if Boyd would be right for the Sparks. Except for the little she played her last season she is not a good outside shooter. If Parker opts out she might as well not return either. But I doubt she ever wil retire soon because she can get away with giving liitle effort and only play when she feels like it.

PostPosted: 06/27/20 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

They don't look all that different from the team that won 22 games last season. They've lost depth inside, with Chiney, Vadeeva and Brown gone, but all the key starters are still there and they're probably still improved on the perimeter even without Toliver. The cupboard is hardly bare.

PostPosted: 06/27/20 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

At team that starts Chelsea Gray, Candace Parker, and Nneka looks like a lottery team?

pilight

PostPosted: 06/27/20 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks sign Reshanda Gray

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: