RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 05/13/20 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's interesting. I believe the Dream are the only team above 15 players now.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
gethers22

PostPosted: 05/15/20 4:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aye this is my video. Hope y’all enjoy. I have one with Lexie brown, and have a duo with Renee Montgomery and Sydney Colson together, also Natasha cloud coming up in the next few weeks. If there’s any specific players you want me to try and interview like this please let me know !

-Lw

Luuuc wrote:
Getting to know Courtney Williams of the WNBAs Atlanta Dream
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7hMvR-7g7-0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hMvR-7g7-0

Shades

PostPosted: 05/15/20 7:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You could point out to Cloud, since the Mystics may not be able to afford her in the future (unless maybe Meesseman takes a break from the game), that the Lynx would be a perfect fit for her.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/15/20 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You could point out to Cloud, since the Mystics may not be able to afford her in the future (unless maybe Meesseman takes a break from the game), that the Lynx would be a perfect fit for her.

If Cloud is good, then I'd bet a million dollars the Mystics re-sign her.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/15/20 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:

You haven’t decided for yourself if she’s good yet?

Was it you that was betting a million that the Sun would re-sign Williams?

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/15/20 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:

You haven’t decided for yourself if she’s good yet?

Was it you that was betting a million that the Sun would re-sign Williams?

I can't find me saying that, and if I did, I probably wasn't counting on the Sun acquiring Bonner and I want to win my million dollars back.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/23/20 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
I doubt Babkina shows, so that's one

Good call, pilight. Babkina is in Miami.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xV3TO_Be81c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Even though she’s hanging out in MIA, they cut her anyway. ATL is one cold m-f.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/23/20 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So - you want the Lynx to pick her up?

Shades

PostPosted: 05/23/20 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So - you want the Lynx to pick her up?

That’s not the point. The point was she was enthusiastic to play for ATL, the team that signed her. I don’t know much about her as a player.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/24/20 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cazorla staying in Spain

PostPosted: 05/24/20 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carter/Montgomery/
Hayes/(2 of Dietrick vs AJones vs Pivec)
CWilliams/Stricklen
GJohnson/Billings
EWilliams/KBrown/(Coates vs Brewer)

Coates was signed 4/16/20, but she’s not listed on the official roster. Probably poor bookkeeping.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/24/20 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dietrick's really gonna make this team now, isn't she. Rolling Eyes I can't see Pivec making the cut at this point with no training camp. Mad Would love to be wrong, though!

toad455

PostPosted: 05/24/20 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Dietrick's really gonna make this team now, isn't she. Rolling Eyes I can't see Pivec making the cut at this point with no training camp. Mad Would love to be wrong, though!

I mean , it's really a 67% chance of her making the roster now and she can thank Cazorla for staying home if she does.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/24/20 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here is a translation of a Spanish article about Cazorla.

https://www.tribunasalamanca.com/noticias/maite-cazorla-decide-no-acudir-este-verano-a-la-wnba-y-atlanta-deja-claro-que-la-espera-en-2021

Maite Cazorla will not play this summer in the WNBA. Her team in the American Professional League, Atlanta Dream, has confirmed that the Spanish base has decided to stay in Spain this summer for personal reasons due to the uncertainty caused by the coronavirus pandemic and, therefore, does not join a 'roster 'which is beginning to close with its mind set on a season start that has not yet confirmed a date.

In any case, the Dreams of Atlanta make it clear that they have the Canary based player for the future and, in fact, in the statement itself they locate it for 2021.

Cazorla played her first season in the WNBA in the summer of 2019, after Atlanta called her after her successful journey in the University. As a 'rookie' she surprised as she was gaining more and more minutes on the track in a team in which he coincided with what has also been her partner in Avenida, Tiffany Hayes.

Thus, the Canary Islands are presented with a summer free of commitments, hoping that next fall, if everything goes well, they can return to Salamanca to face a new season with Perfumerías Avenida.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/25/20 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pivec to sit out 2020 for personal reasons, Dream roster sitting at 14 now. One of Dietrick or Thornton might make the final roster.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/25/20 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Pivec to sit out 2020 for personal reasons, Dream roster sitting at 14 now. One of Dietrick or Thornton might make the final roster.

Thornton never signed her rookie contract, as far as I (and WNBA.com's Transactions page) know. Which would make it hard for her to make a roster...

PostPosted: 05/25/20 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

They probably suggested to Pivec to sit out so they wouldn’t have to cut her. Odds are nobody else is going to pick her up, and she’d get an opportunity in a real camp with ATL next year (assuming the virus situation is much improved).

According to my calculations above (which were probably too complicated for most people) both Dietrick and AJones should make the final roster.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/25/20 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the now dwindling guard options, I suppose they could opt to go with 6 posts, if they care about retaining actual talent over positional numbers, by keeping both Brewer and Coates and waiving Dietrick. I remember people talking about Glory Johnson being more of a 3 than a 4 these days so I think they'd be able to make it work, minutes-wise. Somehow I don't think that happens though. Rolling Eyes

If Babkina was still in the US at the time that she was cut, letting her go when they did seems like a pretty premature move now...

toad455

PostPosted: 05/25/20 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coates was apparently waived a while ago, just never announced. So Dream are at twelve now. Dietrick someone makes a roster again. Rolling Eyes

PG: Carter/Montgomery
SG: Hayes/Dietrick/AJones
SF: CWilliams/Stricklen
PF: GJohnson/Billings
C: EWilliams/KBrown/Brewer

pilight

PostPosted: 05/25/20 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coates is surely an All Time draft bust, while somehow managing to not be the biggest miss in her class. She's arguably not even the second biggest miss.

PostPosted: 05/25/20 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Coates is surely an All Time draft bust, while somehow managing to not be the biggest miss in her class. She's arguably not even the second biggest miss.

What an absolute trainwreck of a draft class. Maybe three players in the entire group who've proven that they're worth more than the minimum once their rookie deals are over (a few more who might be, but haven't really shown it for sure). Pretty incredible.

PostPosted: 05/25/20 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Sykes or Walker-Kimbrough show some signs of life on their new teams. But at this point the top three players from that draft would be Plum, Gray & Sydney Wiese or Brionna Jones.

A redraft:

1. San Antonio - K. Plum
2. Chicago - A. Gray
3. Dallas - B. Jones
4. Dallas - S. Wiese
5. San Antonio - N. Coffey
6. Washington - B. Sykes
7. Atlanta - S. Walker-Kimbrough
8. Connecticut - K. Davis
9. Chicago - E. McCall
10. Dallas - L. Allen
11. Los Angeles - A. Jones
12. Minnesota - A. Coates

pilight

PostPosted: 05/25/20 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sykes is definitely top three. She's better than Jones, Wiese, or Coffey by a long stretch. She was teammates with Coffey last year. Sykes was a starter, Coffey struggled to take minutes from Alex Bentley.

PostPosted: 05/25/20 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Maybe Sykes or Walker-Kimbrough show some signs of life on their new teams. But at this point the top three players from that draft would be Plum, Gray & Sydney Wiese or Brionna Jones.

A redraft:

1. San Antonio - K. Plum
2. Chicago - A. Gray
3. Dallas - B. Jones
4. Dallas - S. Wiese
6. Washington - B. Sykes
9. Chicago - E. McCall
10. Dallas - L. Allen

Incredibly weak draft....

PostPosted: 05/26/20 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

A redraft:

1. San Antonio - K. Plum
2. Chicago - A. Gray
3. Dallas - B. Jones
4. Dallas - S. Wiese
6. Washington - B. Sykes
9. Chicago - E. McCall
10. Dallas - L. Allen

I was scratching my head trying to figure out if the Mystics indeed ever drafted Brittney Sykes and some how there was a trade between the Dream and the Mystics exchanging Sykes and Walker-Kimbrough. Hey, I understand it must've been a typo with the 6th and the 7th pick, I'm guilty of typos but it did have me scratching my head and lead me to do some research about the Mystics 2017 Draft in the 1st round.

Mike Thibault made his 3rd steal (1st steal Emma Meesseman in 2013, 2nd Natasha Cloud in 2015 both in the 2nd rounds of their drafts) Elena Delle Donne) as the Mystics GM/Head Coach in 2017.

Mike Thibault traded the 2nd pick in the 1st round of the 2017 WNBA (who turned out to be Alaina Coates) along with Stefanie Dolson and Kahleah Copper for somebody name Elena Delle Donne LOL next Mike Thibault received the 6th pick (which turned out to be Shatori Walker-Kimbrough) from the Seattle Storm as part of a three-way trade involving the New York Liberty; Washington received the 6th and 18th picks from Seattle, Seattle received Carolyn Swords from New York and the 15th Pick from Washington, New York received Kia Vaughn and Bria Hartley from Washington.

Here we go again, Mike Thibault makes his 4th steal as the Mystics GM/Head Coach, he trades Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, the 12th pick in the 1st round of the 2020 WNBA Draft and the Mystics entire 2021 WNBA Draft for Tina Charles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 22 of 30

Jump to: