Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 05/15/20 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Aces sign Plum to contract extension.

https://aces.wnba.com/news/aces-re-sign-guard-kelsey-plum/

Quote:
Can report that @Kelseyplum10 got a two-year extension from @LVAces at $175,000, then $180,250. Nice bump up in salary for the multi-talented guard.

"Can report that"...? Those numbers aren't in the article you linked to...Who are you quoting?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/15/20 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Quote:
Can report that @Kelseyplum10 got a two-year extension from @LVAces at $175,000, then $180,250. Nice bump up in salary for the multi-talented guard.

"Can report that"...? Those numbers aren't in the article you linked to...Who are you quoting?

I could already tell by the wording of it that the quote is from Megdal (link here) lol.

They must've really been sold on her playoff performance. We're all wondering how much that'll carry over into the coming season. I don't see why she can't at the very least be a 10 PPG-5 APG kind of player for this team who can turn up the heat when called upon; that's all they'll seem to need from her now that she'll be surrounded by legit scorers.

Last edited by Stormeo on 05/15/20 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/15/20 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Quote:

@howardmegdal tweeted that.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/16/20 7:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So unless the Aces make a trade, they should be the first team to actually be at 12 players. Manis and Warley-Talbert would make the roster then.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 05/19/20 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aces waive Manis & Warley-Talbert, bring back Carolyn Swords. Aces' roster now at 11.

https://aces.wnba.com/news/aces-re-sign-eight-year-wnba-veteran-carolyn-swords/

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/19/20 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Aces waive Manis & Warley-Talbert, bring back Carolyn Swords. Aces' roster now at 11.

so this might throw cold water on the Stokes trade idea, on the other hand there is a roster spot for her now. (or anyone who gets waived by June 1st).

Shades

PostPosted: 05/19/20 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swords is a training camp contract, so maybe she’ll still get cut if a more attractive big becomes available.

They should be in the market for another PF.

McCall is out there now if they aren’t fussy.

But I sense that maybe they’ll trade a 2021 third rounder for somebody who’s about to be cut from another team to keep them from going through the waiver process, since the Aces are near the bottom in waiver priority list.

DAL, LAS, and NYL would be good candidates for a deal.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/19/20 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

My interpretation of this is, adding Swords to the roster is a move that simply keeps them at the 11-player-minimum threshold, as I'm not sure teams are allowed to carry less than 11 at this point. They probably knew Warley-Talbert and Manis were just there for training camp, so they cut them loose now to give them (or at least Warley-Talbert) a sliver of a chance of getting picked up elsewhere (and humanely not give them false hope of making this roster). There will be better options to come in the next week and a half, so I'm guessing Swords will be waived by the June 1st 'deadline' and be back at her role within the front office.

I mean, surely they aren't giving Swords another chance out of any sort of desperation... right?

PostPosted: 05/19/20 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still think the Aces should wait until Mompremier is cut by the Sparks and grab her.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/19/20 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any of the post players taken in the second-round could end up being available: Shook, Brewer, Holmes, Mompremier, Gillespie of the third-round. And then there are the post players with experience who could be cut: R. Gray, Hines-Allen, Gustafson, amongst plenty of others. The Aces should have at least a couple options come by them on the waiver wire once those moves start happening...

PostPosted: 05/19/20 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Any of the post players taken in the second-round could end up being available: Shook, Brewer, Holmes, Mompremier, Gillespie of the third-round. And then there are the post players with experience who could be cut: R. Gray, Hines-Allen, Gustafson, amongst plenty of others. The Aces should have at least a couple options come by them on the waiver wire once those moves start happening...

The best part is that teams won't have to wait for a waiver wire player to get across the country to their city. Everybody will likely be in one place.

PostPosted: 05/20/20 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

curious if people who actually watched any of those 2nd round or third round posts truly thought they could/would make a team. I didn't see a lot of most of them but what I did see didn't inspire me all that much... so the whole waiver wire thing kinda just amuses me. But I guess it gives us something to talk about.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: