WNBA in NBA2K?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/07/19 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
miller40 wrote:
For y'all who got it last night, how was it?! I'm going to pick up my copy after work today. Can't wait!

It’s mother freaking awesome literally awesome! I’m on game 6 in the regular season. I feel disloyal bc I chose to play my first season with LV instead of Dallas. They have every players shot, movements , positions as realistic as I’ve ever seen . They’re still missing maybe 10-15 players faces but even without the face they still got the player prototype and skill set down pact. 2K did a great job with storylines trades social media and even WNBA history and records! Great investment I’m hooked! Excited too see how NBA Live 20 will stack up with their WNBA portion now.

I’m really feeling it too! The faces are sooooo much better. The only complaint I have is they really couldn’t get at least the head coaches in there?

They would have had to pay each coach and set contracts with each agent. Seems to be a lot for the first installment. Maybe next season , I’m on game 13 now and I’ve noticed they forgot an all star game ! Unless it’s going to surprise me after game 17?

PostPosted: 09/07/19 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/i/status/1170322937620180992

Let's see Collier do that Laughing

Sweet harmony
mavcarter
#NAPT

PostPosted: 09/07/19 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/08/19 12:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Amazing that even that, posted by a genuine Notre Dame fan just having some fun, led to all kinds of nonsense in the replies. Yeesh.

PostPosted: 09/30/19 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The WNBA in NBA 2K20: Proof of a long-overdue concept

https://www.polygon.com/2019/9/29/20890391/nba-2k20-wnba-mode-myleague-features-teams-pc-ps4-xbox-one-nintendo-switch

Quote:
The pace of play in NBA 2K20 overall is slower and that helps the women’s game not by comparison to the men’s speed, but by the way it highlights spacing and matchups, especially switching the offense to exploit them. I learned this the hard way when I was playing the Washington Mystics against the Connecticut Sun, and ended up with Kristi Toliver (5-foot-7) on Jonquel Jones (6-foot-6). You don’t see too many 11-inch height advantages in the NBA, and Jones went through me like crap through a goose.

Sweet harmony
Tally24

PostPosted: 05/12/20 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wondering if there will be an update when the season starts with current rosters to reflects trades, signings, movement, etc. Or, if you’ll have to buy 2k21 to get the new drafted players.

Also, I wonder if they’ll ever be a legends download with past greats/teams? Jackson, Leslie, Hammon, Swoopes, etc. How fun would that be?
awhom111

PostPosted: 05/13/20 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
Wondering if there will be an update when the season starts with current rosters to reflects trades, signings, movement, etc. Or, if you’ll have to buy 2k21 to get the new drafted players.

Also, I wonder if they’ll ever be a legends download with past greats/teams? Jackson, Leslie, Hammon, Swoopes, etc. How fun would that be?

Depends on what agreement they reached, although I do not really believe that they would care enough to put in the effort for that. Football Manager does add the new MLS signings midway through the release cycle.

The latter seems unlikely unless somebody had real foresight in grouping historic rights together. It is more likely that they only have the license for current players and would have to negotiate with each individual past player to add them to the game. On the NBA side, they notoriously want Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller, but are unwilling to meet their demands.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/13/20 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't people build custom players/rosters with the Create-a-Player functions in these games, though? Then make them uploadable for everyone else? That might be the likeliest way to get playable legends.

For new current rosters you usually have to buy the next iteration of these games. Feels like that's about all you're paying for in something like the last 15 versions of Madden.

PostPosted: 05/13/20 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Don't people build custom players/rosters with the Create-a-Player functions in these games, though? Then make them uploadable for everyone else? That might be the likeliest way to get playable legends.

For new current rosters you usually have to buy the next iteration of these games. Feels like that's about all you're paying for in something like the last 15 versions of Madden.

NBA 2K20 does not have the Create-A-Player feature for the WNBA. Just season mode , trades and free agent signings. I have updated my roster to reflect the current rosters for each team , but unfortunately i cannot insert rookies due to them not being scanned in the game yet . Oddly Enough in season mode Vegas & LA are the top 2 teams so far.

PostPosted: 05/13/20 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.powerplays.news/p/nba-live-and-nba-2k-need-to-stop

Quote:
First of all, it was only a MyLeague mode. There was no option to create a player and guide them through a WNBA career, like you could do with a male player. This feature, known as MyCareer, is one of the biggest selling points of the game. It also turned out that the WNBA MyLeague mode was locked to a single season, which is why 2K had been calling it ‘Seasons Mode’ in all of the promotional material. While you can play nearly a century into the future with an NBA team, you get the 2019 WNBA season and that’s it. This basic and extremely limited offering makes the mode feel more akin to a demo than a meaningful WNBA experience.

PostPosted: 05/13/20 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It will only get better from here. It is a yearly game. THAT being said, I have always thought that it was a little arbitrary for EA not to include a create a player for the WNBA feature. It’s literally just a re-skin of the men’s version. That is easily my biggest complaint about the ‘20 version.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe they have ever included rookie patches in their games, so I do believe that we will have to wait for the next iteration to be released. Interesting to think about the fact that these rookies might be playing as themselves in a video game before ever actually playing a real basketball game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: