RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/22/20 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
It would be great if Chicago gave Kelly Campbell a training camp contract. Smile

agree, nice player. But in this year of no/little training camp don't think it would happen. And I don't think she has enough speed to play in the W.

PostPosted: 04/22/20 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
It would be great if Chicago gave Kelly Campbell a training camp contract. Smile

agree, nice player. But in this year of no/little training camp don't think it would happen. And I don't think she has enough speed to play in the W.

This is one time I have to agree with you Debbie Downer. In the past teams would sign many players that were not drafted to training camp contracts. No one is doing that this year.

PostPosted: 04/22/20 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
With a number of WNBA players shrinking two inches from their collegiate heights it will be very amusing if Hebard shrank two inches also. She will drop from six feet four inches tall down to six feet two inches tall. Confused

The WNBA never shrank Amanda Zahui B from her generous 6'5" college over-listing (although Wikipedia has her at 6'4"), so it can go either way.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/22/20 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

This is one time I have to agree with you Debbie Downer. In the past teams would sign many players that were not drafted to training camp contracts. No one is doing that this year.

oomph! nice shot. I think of myself as a realistic romantic... Laughing

PostPosted: 04/22/20 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
With a number of WNBA players shrinking two inches from their collegiate heights it will be very amusing if Hebard shrank two inches also. She will drop from six feet four inches tall down to six feet two inches tall. Confused

The WNBA never shrank Amanda Zahui B from her generous 6'5" college over-listing (although Wikipedia has her at 6'4"), so it can go either way.

most players have more accurate listings overseas. You just have to interpret it back from meters.

PostPosted: 05/13/20 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My Mom Still Braids My Hair
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/ruthy-hebard-my-mom-still-braids-my-hair-wnba-chicago-sky

Quote:
When I was really little, my parents told me that I was adopted, and that I had been born in Chicago and had four siblings there. But it honestly wasn’t something that I focused on all that much. Everyone in our family is white, but no one ever treated me differently or looked at me as different. I actually never even realized anything was unique or special about my family until I was in fourth or fifth grade and other kids started focusing on it.

Quote:
So, in a lot of ways, as different as this year’s WNBA draft was because of the coronavirus crisis, it was actually almost cooler for it to be virtual and to have everyone in my family there when I got the news that I’d been selected eighth by the Sky. And I have to say, when my name got called, and it turned out that I’d be going to Chicago? All of us sitting there in our living room immediately knew what that meant.

It went way beyond basketball.

Quote:
But make no mistake about it: My family is the one I have in Alaska. I couldn’t be more proud to say that, and I am truly blessed to have them in my life. They are all I’ve ever known, and they’ve been there for me — in big and little ways — each and every day of my life. I love them with all my heart.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/13/20 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the link, Shades. Wow, I don't recall the Draft broadcast mentioning the fact that she was born in Chicago - it certainly would've made for an interesting talking point in the heat of her getting drafted there. That was quite a beautiful and particularly personal article. When I read the "it's not black and white" line within its context, I was just like " Shocked ". I'm thankful that she had the courage to express her story like that.

PostPosted: 05/13/20 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now Reeve can blame her draft day gaffe on “bigger things at work here.” It could be said that it was fate that Hebard ended up at Chicago.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mavcarter
#NAPT

PostPosted: 05/25/20 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Rachel Galligan
@RachGall

Japreece Dean has been waived by the Chicago Sky

PostPosted: 05/26/20 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky have suspended Kiah Gillespie & waived Alexis Prince, roster stands at 11 now(as expected).

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: