RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/06/20 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
This generation of the W needs good rivalry games.

AGREED. There's almost too much camaraderie in women's basketball these days. Not enough 'villains', per se. If only we had the Comets and the Shock back... the glory days of those teams sure had some spice to them.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/06/20 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
I really cannot stand this fake ass chic, diva, over-the-top wanna be A list celebrity who continues to run her mouth because she knows her stupid ass fans and social media followers are going to ride with her no matter what she says or does because they want to feel "connected" to her, especially if she responds to them directly in any way, they feel as if they actually "know" this clown....

Exclamation The Phoenix-Dallas games could get wild when basketball comes back! Twisted Evil

Anyways, to lighten things up a bit, here's Sabally supposedly in Dallas, wearing a cowboy hat: https://twitter.com/satousabally/status/1256343165801566210

šŸ¤ 

I hope she gets booed relentlessly or doesn't show up at all, like the other diva who claimed to not be "feeling well" and chose to stay behind in Vegas šŸ™„

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/06/20 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

AGREED. There's almost too much camaraderie in women's basketball these days. Not enough 'villains', per se. If only we had the Comets and the Shock back... the glory days of those teams sure had some spice to them.

X______

Need a good ol Lisa Leslie type villain, the gag is that she never thought of herself as the "villain" and she was probably the greatest one of them all
Shocked Laughing

Great rivalries back in the day

Sparks vs Comets
Sparks vs Mercury
Sparks vs Storm
Sparks vs Shock
Sparks vs Monarchs (notice a trend) Laughing Laughing
Comets vs Liberty
Liberty vs Sol
Shock vs Sol
Liberty vs Shock
Shock vs Mercury

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/07/20 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sad enough the Wings have fallen in the gutter , but on the bright side were not the first team to be spat on by its top players . Remember Connecticut? How about Chicago ? See Dupree , Fowles , EDD . All making Chicago a non-destination spot for a WNBA player for a while and you see how that has turned around. Keep faith get rid of the bad apples and grow with young players who dont have egos.

PostPosted: 05/07/20 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

X______

Need a good ol Lisa Leslie type villain, the gag is that she never thought of herself as the "villain" and she was probably the greatest one of them all
Shocked Laughing

Great rivalries back in the day

Sparks vs Comets
Sparks vs Mercury
Sparks vs Storm
Sparks vs Shock
Sparks vs Monarchs (notice a trend) Laughing Laughing
Comets vs Liberty
Liberty vs Sol
Shock vs Sol
Liberty vs Shock
Shock vs Mercury

When the Kings weren't that good, Arco Arena would be just as full for a Sparks-Monarchs game as it would for a normal NBA game. And of course, the fans loved nothing better than to boo Lisa Leslie.

PostPosted: 05/09/20 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Sad enough the Wings have fallen in the gutter , but on the bright side were not the first team to be spat on by its top players . Remember Connecticut? How about Chicago ? See Dupree , Fowles , EDD . All making Chicago a non-destination spot for a WNBA player for a while and you see how that has turned around. Keep faith get rid of the bad apples and grow with young players who dont have egos.

Thanks a lot WNBA09, some of us Fans who had tge Chicago Sky as our #1s have suffered long enough. We Recent Chicago to Wings fans have endured ENUF. At least consoled by, if a season occurs, the Sky (now to many our number 2 team) winning it all this season!

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/15/20 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
It must be sign-a-2017-draft-rookie-to-an-extension day. Probably not a good sign for Allisha Gray if she wasnā€™t given a good offer. I wouldnā€™t take anything below $110K if I were her.

Plum, who has overall been a worse player than Gray thus far even if sheā€™s projected to finish with the better career between the two (and even then, weā€™ll see), got $175k+ for two years. Gray should absolutely not settle for anything below that imo. Especially with Dallas not having to worry about cap space for the next couple years in particular.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/15/20 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Gray should stop wilting in the playoffs if she wants to get paid

PostPosted: 05/18/20 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Satou and Arike working out together on the court brings a smile to my face on Sabally IG daily feed. They can be a great combo!

PostPosted: 05/18/20 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Satou and Arike working out together on the court brings a smile to my face on Sabally IG daily feed. They can be a great combo!

If she's completely healthy, I think Jefferson will be a great addition as well.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/19/20 7:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

If she's completely healthy, I think Jefferson will be a great addition as well.

Yes this is the defacto . If MJ can comeback to form we could actually be solidified in the back court for a while . I really hope Bella Delle Donne transitions quickly .

PostPosted: 05/19/20 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Is there a link for it???

toad455

PostPosted: 05/22/20 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings waive Morgan Bertsch.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/22/20 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 spots left between Gustafson, Anigwe, Kar. Samuelson and Mabrey

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/22/20 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

I say K. Sam & Meg are next!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/22/20 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Wings waive Morgan Bertsch.

Are they allowed to cut 3 people in anticipation of either Brittany Brewer or Beatrice M. getting cut and then be able to get one of the two?

pilight

PostPosted: 05/22/20 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Bertsch. It's unfortunate she didn't get a chance to show what she's got.

PostPosted: 05/23/20 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Interesting, since the Wings signed her to a three year deal, albeit un-guaranteed.

PostPosted: 05/23/20 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Interesting, since the Wings signed her to a three year deal, albeit un-guaranteed.

Would you keep her over Anigwe who is by FAR more athletic, faster, more mobile, plays more aggressive and is a full inch at minimum, taller?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/23/20 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

+1

PostPosted: 05/23/20 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Would you keep her over Anigwe who is by FAR more athletic, faster, more mobile, plays more aggressive and is a full inch at minimum, taller?

All that means nothing if she canā€™t do anything with it.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 05/23/20 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Somehow I think K. Sam sneaks her way onto the final 12, seeing as Agler has always made room for her before - plus because of her experience last season (albeit a small amount), she knows Dallas' system more than Mabrey. Plus, I'm not convinced he'd have the guts to separate the Samuelson sisters at this point. Razz

As for the posts, assuming Geiselsoder was a deferral pick all along, the real question will be if Ndour would want to show up. If it's a 'no' from her, that's probably the only way both Anigwe and Gustafson make the roster.

If it's between one of Anigwe and Gustafson for a spot... I really don't know who they'd actually pick. We all know who they probably should pick, but I'm guessing it'll solely depend on who Agler likes more, generally speaking. I myself like both players roughly the same amount; I don't think either player would be the 'wrong' choice, per se.

Last edited by Stormeo on 05/23/20 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/23/20 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once you look at the rest of the roster they're likely to keep, you can make a reasonable argument that positionally they should keep both Anigwe and Gustafson. Depends how much 4 you think Sabally might play.

I'd happily cut Mabrey, personally, but she's the one they most recently traded something for.

PostPosted: 05/23/20 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Once you look at the rest of the roster they're likely to keep, you can make a reasonable argument that positionally they should keep both Anigwe and Gustafson. Depends how much 4 you think Sabally might play.

I'd happily cut Mabrey, personally, but she's the one they most recently traded something for.

I think Sabally will play much more 4 than 3, as long as Agler's around. He's never been known to have particularly oversized players in general, let alone on the wing (other than the experiment of converting Nneka Ogwumike into a 3 that one year, which of course was unsuccessful). I even envision Alarie playing some 5, like she did in college, in Agler's system.

Even though they traded for Mabrey, it wouldn't be the first time a team has cut someone they traded for without ever playing any minutes for them. And under these circumstances where plenty of players will be getting cut without getting a fair shot, I'd be really surprised if she made this roster.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/23/20 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas has enough in the 3/4 range that they can go in either direction

Jefferson/Harris
Ogunbowale/Gray
Sabally/Thorton/KLS
NDour/Alarie
Harrison

I agree it is not out of the question at all that they could keep both Anigwe and Gustafson it seems likely if you look at the line up as above but

Jefferson/Harris
Ogunbowale/Gray
Thorton/KLS
Sabally/Alarie
NDour/Harrison

slide Sabally (or Thorton) to the pf spot for 15 to 20 minutes a game and suddenly you don't really need both Anigwe and Gustafson if you want to play NDour, Harrison and Alarie a decent amount of minutes as well

my guess Anigwe is in last spot

I am going to go Mabrey but won't be shocked if its Gustafson or Kar. Samuelson it is one of the more interesting decisions well see unless NDour doesn't show than both Anigwe and Gustafson are in for sure with one perimeter spot still open.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22

Jump to: