RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Diana, Penny, Sue, and Megan on IG Live
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/25/20 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to DT: Iciss Tillis, Ebony Hoffman, Ashley Robinson, and herself were all planning to play together at UCLA... and then one by one, they all went to different schools. Shocked
Ok, tea. Very Happy

Last edited by Stormeo on 04/25/20 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
justintyme

PostPosted: 04/25/20 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Do you think coach was happy the tournament didn't happen?"

Laughing

PostPosted: 04/26/20 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"They want us to expire. But guess what. We're not fuckin' expiring" DT being 100% DT

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/26/20 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was amazing. Thanks for the heads up, justintyme

PostPosted: 04/26/20 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No problem. For anyone coming in late (and not familiar with instagram), it can be watched in its entirety now from the beginning for the next 24 hours.

PostPosted: 04/26/20 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For those without Instagram, is this available elsewhere? YouTube?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Genero36

PostPosted: 04/26/20 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Part I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyhA8SEXaZE

Part II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt-VAvh9o2A

PostPosted: 04/26/20 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Part I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyhA8SEXaZE

Part II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt-VAvh9o2A

PostPosted: 04/26/20 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm puzzled by Taurasi saying she should have three MVPs. Specifically I'm wondering what years she thinks she should have won. She got the 2009 award, but she's only been runner up twice. In 2006 she was second to Lisa Leslie's historic landslide win and in 2014 she lost out to Maya Moore in a race that was also not especially close. Whose MVP does she feel she should have gotten?

PostPosted: 04/26/20 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I'm puzzled by Taurasi saying she should have three MVPs. Specifically I'm wondering what years she thinks she should have won. She got the 2009 award, but she's only been runner up twice. In 2006 she was second to Lisa Leslie's historic landslide win and in 2014 she lost out to Maya Moore in a race that was also not especially close. Whose MVP does she feel she should have gotten?

Probably 2012 or 2015. Laughing

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
justintyme

PostPosted: 04/26/20 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I'm not sure she meant she got robbed as much as I think she felt that based on her talent that is what she should have done. Sort of like how she said looking back she felt she should have put up 30 points on Providence every time they played.

I mean, they were really drunk and she had the drunk swagger going on--on top of the normal DT swagger. Lol.

PostPosted: 04/26/20 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
pilight wrote:

I'm not sure she meant she got robbed as much as I think she felt that based on her talent that is what she should have done. Sort of like how she said looking back she felt she should have put up 30 points on Providence every time they played.

I mean, they were really drunk and she had the drunk swagger going on--on top of the normal DT swagger. Lol.

Yeah, she probably won't be suggesting she hasn't gotten most out of her talent while sober.

PostPosted: 04/26/20 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:
pilight wrote:

Yeah, she probably won't be suggesting she hasn't gotten most out of her talent while sober.

Just get off this thread. Jesus Christ, you're such a buzzkill.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/26/20 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

She should have won it the last year Leslie won it. The playoff line was strange, considering that team was above .500. Taurasi broke records that year.

PostPosted: 04/26/20 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:
pilight wrote:

Seriously?

On another note, did anyone catch what they said about having a season this summer? My stream started lagging and I didn’t catch the answer.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 04/26/20 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Dee, when they landed in San Antonio or Dallas: "I'd rather live in Russia"

Laughing nnnnnnnnnnn

Damn WNBA09, why does everyone always shit on Dallas?

justintyme

PostPosted: 04/26/20 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:
pilight wrote:

DT was taking some pretty solid shots (joking and otherwise) at other teams, cities, and players during the stream--which we have been having a good laugh at here. I don't think it out of line for posters to take a couple shots back at her as long as the thread doesn't completely derail.

Personal attacks about other posters, however, are as always not at all acceptable. Please refrain.

PostPosted: 04/26/20 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
From earlier DT told a story about how at her and Penny's wedding, Geno was a guest speaker and he spent the entire time shitting on the Australian National Team.

And he busted out his Gold Medal.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#HateHard Approved!

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Shades

PostPosted: 04/26/20 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
pilight wrote:

By “buzzkill”, do you mean the Taurasi kind of buzz?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing

PostPosted: 04/26/20 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, that was a fun four hours. There were times when I wanted Sue and Megan to STFU, but I guess they were drunk. They would ask a question and then interrupt the answers from Diana and Penny. Anyway, a couple highlights that made me laugh:

- Playing in Russia for ten years (mostly staying home when not on the court) prepared Bird and Taurasi for the current quarantine. “It feels normal.”

- Paul Westhead told Tangela Smith to guard Tina Turner (aka Tina Thompson)

- When asked which 2020 draft pick would have the best career, Sue chose Carter, Penny said Sabally, and Diana almost sheepishly picked Ionescu.

- Diana: “I’m a kind-hearted asshole.”

PostPosted: 04/26/20 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I get that the Sparks are a mess of an organization but, didn't the Mercury have to fire an assistant coach because of domestic violence? And their players haven't been squeaky clean off the court either.

PostPosted: 04/26/20 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sportsfan23 wrote:
I get that the Sparks are a mess of an organization but, didn't the Mercury have to fire an assistant coach because of domestic violence? And their players haven't been squeaky clean off the court either.

And one of the players is almost certainly sleeping with one of the coaches...

PostPosted: 04/26/20 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diana Taurasi wants to enter ownership, questions lack of women investing in sports

Voepel really turned a summary of their public conversation into a news article. Rolling Eyes Laughing But honestly she pretty much covered all the 'newsworthy' highlights. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

justintyme

PostPosted: 04/27/20 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Sportsfan23 wrote:

And one of the players is almost certainly sleeping with one of the coaches...

Maybe not if she doesn't start taking those scouting reports more seriously...

PostPosted: 04/27/20 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of my highlights was DT with
"You get these players like ... why has this player been moved around a lot or traded? and then they're finally on your team and you're like ... yeah coz that mf is DUMB" Laughing

That was right after
PT "As a coach, a lot of effort goes into that scouting so we would appreciate that you actually look at it"
DT 5 milliseconds later "It's a bunch of bullshit"

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: