1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Other player
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 54

Shades

PostPosted: 04/18/20 7:58 pm    ::: Most undervalued Reply Reply with quote

Which drafted player was the most undervalued (drafted too low).

14-day poll

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 04/18/20 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted for Pivec because I am an impossible homer

PostPosted: 04/18/20 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think a lot of these players have potential if they are given the chance. Holmes in my opinion has one of the highest ceilings of any player in the draft if a team shows patience AND she is willing to put in the work. Pevic is also a player I like. I think she could be a good energy backup in a few years.

PostPosted: 04/18/20 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I'm not sure her game will translate but she's one of those hard working, down-to-earth, unassuming kids that you (I) hope will make it. With all the big egos in Atlanta she may just fit and be able to contribute under the radar.

- Amanda Gorman
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/18/20 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:

I'm not sure her game will translate but she's one of those hard working, down-to-earth, unassuming kids that you (I) hope will make it. With all the big egos in Atlanta she may just fit and be able to contribute under the radar.

I 100% agree. She has both an intriguing basketball skillset and a really fantastic way of carrying herself. Humble, hard-working, and very magnanimous. Too, looking at the Dream's back-up guards, she has a chance of making the cut, particularly if the European guards don't show up.

UK1996 wrote:
I think a lot of these players have potential if they are given the chance. Holmes in my opinion has one of the highest ceilings of any player in the draft if a team shows patience AND she is willing to put in the work. Pivec is also a player I like. I think she could be a good energy backup in a few years.

I didn't like us picking Holmes when it happened, but thinking about it, she does have that "high upside" factor to her. I hope our coaches give her a hard look before they let her go. It's wildly unrealistic, but I really want both of our later-round picks to make the team. Sad

pilight

PostPosted: 04/18/20 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I 100% agree. She has both an intriguing basketball skillset and a really fantastic way of carrying herself. Humble, hard-working, and very magnanimous. Too, looking at the Dream's back-up guards, she has a chance of making the cut, particularly if the European guards don't show up.

Cazorla is expected to show. Babkina is irrelevant.

PostPosted: 04/19/20 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought that Montpremier was the most undervalued because I feel that she has more upside than those who were drafted around her. While I admittedly don't watch many college games, I watched a highlight reel on Montpremier. Yes, I know highlight reels only show the good side, but the first few plays had me thinking that I was watching a good shot blocker with lots of height, and all of a sudden, I see this explosive drive to the basket from the top of the key. It really raised my eyebrows. You can't teach height and speed.

I think 2nd round picks were made for boom-bust players. I wish the Liberty had spent one on Montpremier. I never criticize busts with 20-20 hindsight when I feel they were justified gambles.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/19/20 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can you believe it? Brittany Brewer was drafted before Mompremier. Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/19/20 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

I didn’t at first , but after the injury and the transfer situation that clearly played a part in her draft position. Same can be said for Cooper. Personality and past situations possibly mattered? Either way No way The Iowa guard or Brewer have a better career than either.

PostPosted: 04/19/20 1:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

I didn’t at first , but after the injury and the transfer situation that clearly played a part in her draft position. Same can be said for Cooper. Personality and past situations possibly mattered? Either way No way The Iowa guard or Brewer have a better career than either.

LV looks short a post or two especially if Cambage or other Internationals Musina and/or Park wait for 2021

I think Laimbeer will snap up Mompremier or Holmes in a heart-beat if/when they get cut, might take a long look at Odom or Jones as a big 2/3 if the Liberty cut either and it still looks to me like one of Anigwe or Gustafson gets cut I could see Laimbeer picking up Anigwe pretty quickly as well.

I won't be shocked at all if LV ends up like (in 2020)

Plum/Robinson/Allen
McBride/Rodgers
McCoughtry/J. Young
Hamby/Holmes or Odom
Wilson/Anigwe or Mompremier

pilight

PostPosted: 04/21/20 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TOP STEALS OF THE WNBA DRAFT

https://www.doubleclutch.uk/wnba/top-steals-of-the-wnba-draft/

Quote:
On the other end of the court, she has decent length, found herself in the passing lanes regularly and has a few highlight reel blocks that are fun to watch.

PostPosted: 04/21/20 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:
On the other end of the court, she has decent length, found herself in the passing lanes regularly and has a few highlight reel blocks that are fun to watch.

Ummmmmmm, Laksa being not only on this list, but the first one listed immediately deters me from reading the rest of the list. Confused Laughing

Quote:
When she was in South Florida, she played like a woman among girls

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I... I just......... no.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/21/20 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Ummmmmmm, Laksa being not only on this list, but the first one listed immediately deters me from reading the rest of the list. Confused Laughing

Quote:
When she was in South Florida, she played like a woman among girls

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I... I just......... no.

I did the exact same thing Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed Embarassed

PostPosted: 04/21/20 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Ok, I just looked at the rest of the list. Just 4 names on it, and Laksa and Ogwumike make up half of it?? But then I realized, the author is part of the group of guys that did that weird mock draft that included their own trade ideas. So it all makes sense. (or should I say, it all doesn't make sense Laughing )

Howee

PostPosted: 04/21/20 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Just saying it once: Brewer. Is. Good. Cool Longevity/productivity are tough to predict, but I think she has a chance. Of course, Gustafson didn't make a roster (right away) so, who knows.

I voted for Pivec, just cuz she's the workhorse kinda kid that has a tough resiliency/jack of all trades kinda mentality that carries these rookies further than one might expect from stats alone.

PostPosted: 04/21/20 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love this line about Laksa:

Quote:
She is a multifaceted scorer and a tall but versatile body, not dissimilar to Seattle’s Breanna Stewart.

Laughing

PostPosted: 04/22/20 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Just saying it once: Brewer. Is. Good. Cool Longevity/productivity are tough to predict, but I think she has a chance. Of course, Gustafson didn't make a roster (right away) so, who knows.

My guess is that Vegas of all teams would be tracking post players that get hung out to dry on the waiver wire. So I'm looking at the Brewer/Coates battle out in Atlanta, the Gülich/Mompremier battle out in LA, and maybe other less obvious ones.

(Lord, I'm tired of talking in hypotheticals at this point.)

root_thing wrote:
I love this line about Laksa:

Quote:
She is a multifaceted scorer and a tall but versatile body, not dissimilar to Seattle’s Breanna Stewart.

OFFENSIVE COMPARISON. Evil or Very Mad

I am 98% convinced this guy doesn't actually watch the games. (The other 2% is attributed to the fact that truly braindead people simply exist.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: