RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

COVID-19 Hits the WNBA Community

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coyotes

PostPosted: 03/27/20 4:56 pm    ::: COVID-19 Hits the WNBA Community Reply Reply with quote

Syd the Kid tested positive for Coronavirus becoming the first known WNBA player for me with the virus.

https://twitter.com/swiesebaby24/status/1243653423645388800

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/27/20 5:07 pm    ::: Re: WNBA Players with COVID-19 Reply Reply with quote

Theresa Plainsance almost certainly was infected while playing in China.

https://www.houmatoday.com/sports/20200326/fully-recovered-wnba-player-with-local-ties-battled-coronavirus-like-symptoms-while-playing-in-china

Randy

PostPosted: 03/27/20 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Then there is Liz who also thinks she got it under circumstances similar to Plaisance. Somehow I think Plaisance is more credible.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/27/20 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not a player, but part of our community: Doris Burke has it.

- Amanda Gorman
PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/29/20 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Not a player, but part of our community: Doris Burke has it.

and James Dolan.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/31/20 5:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/shcQ_qjnVdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
BelloFratello

PostPosted: 04/09/20 7:14 am    ::: Ann Wauters Reply Reply with quote

Ann Wauters said she had coronavirus too, but has since recovered.

PostPosted: 04/18/20 2:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stefanie Dolson appeared on the Draft telecast and said the she and her whole family tested positive for and battled the coronavirus last month. https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29051486/chicago-sky-stefanie-dolson-says-entire-family-had-covid-19

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/18/20 2:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if it could have been avoided if they'd got some of these from the WNBA store

https://wnbastore.nba.com/accessories/d-3438728563+z-928226-1437815276?_s=bm-SOCIAL-banners-041720-FACECOVERINGS-TWITTER

PostPosted: 04/18/20 6:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I dunno.... maybe I’m not processing this quickly enough early in the morning. Doesn’t it seem a little off having WNBA branded face masks as an item for sale for profit? Cloth masks should be provided at a nominal cost or maybe even given away to encourage their use in the fight to battle the pandemic.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/18/20 6:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I dunno.... maybe I’m not processing this quickly enough early in the morning. Doesn’t it seem a little off having WNBA branded face masks as an item for sale for profit? Cloth masks should be provided at a nominal cost or maybe even given away to encourage their use in the fight to battle the pandemic.

They are donating all the proceeds to charity.

Wearing a mask that says "Fever" might not convey the right message.

PostPosted: 04/18/20 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If there is a season, they could be the door give aways and mandatory.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/18/20 7:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

They are donating all the proceeds to charity.

That would make a little more sense, I guess. Where do they make it obvious on the site that the proceeds are going to charity?

Only rich people can afford to give to charities. The real charity should be to give these masks out for free to encourage people (even poor people or people currently unemployed) to wear them in the fight against the pandemic. The league still gets their advertising and they do a good thing. Charity or not, I think the league stumbled on this one.

And we all know Loeffler’s favorite charity.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/18/20 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
That would make a little more sense, I guess. Where do they make it obvious on the site that the proceeds are going to charity?

On the front page of the WNBA Store

https://wnbastore.nba.com

PostPosted: 04/18/20 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also on the item page itself

Quote:
Details

• Product ID: 3897134

• Material: 100% Cotton

• All WNBA proceeds from the sale of licensed face coverings will be donated to Feeding America™ and Second Harvest Canada in addition to Fanatics donating one face covering for every face covering purchased.

• Elastic closures

• Feeding America™ is the largest hunger-relief organization in the United States. Through a network of 200 food banks and 60,000 food pantries and meal programs, we provide meals to more than 40 million people each year.

• Made of 3 ply cotton, including additional premium heavy weight middle insert layer for added protection

• Second Harvest is the largest food rescue organization in Canada and a global thought leader on food recovery. Working across the supply chain – from farm to retail – they capture surplus food before it ends up in landfill and has a negative environmental impact

• Soft hand screen printed team logo allows for breathability

• The Fashion Face Covering is not a medical device. It is not intended to be personal protective equipment and should not be used by healthcare professionals or used in a healthcare/clinical environment or setting. The Fashion Face Covering is not intended to prevent or protect from any form of illness or disease (or otherwise).

• Machine wash

• Officially licensed

• Made in the USA

• Brand: Fanatics Branded

PostPosted: 04/18/20 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream mask has a subliminal message: Make Kelly Senator Again Can't see it in normal light.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/21/20 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How Could I Not Be Scared?
- Stefanie Dolson, Chicago Sky
Quote:
I woke up and felt like a completely different person.
My body ached, my skin — just lying in bed with a cover on felt painful. I rolled out of bed and tried to stand, but I could barely walk.
I remember thinking, Damn, I’m out of shape.
I had done a pretty intense workout the day before, but still. I’d never felt like that after a workout.
Maybe it’s the flu...

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/stef-dolson-wnba-covid-19

PostPosted: 05/22/20 12:00 am    ::: Re: COVID-19 Hits the WNBA Community Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Syd the Kid tested positive for Coronavirus becoming the first known WNBA player for me with the virus.

My sweetheart Sydney is infected? Sounds like her particular case may not be too bad. Hopefully, she can regain full recuperation in due time.

PostPosted: 05/22/20 3:11 am    ::: Re: COVID-19 Hits the WNBA Community Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Coyotes wrote:

My sweetheart Sydney is infected? Sounds like her particular case may not be too bad. Hopefully, she can regain full recuperation in due time.

As far as I am aware she has recovered by now.

PostPosted: 05/22/20 11:44 pm    ::: Re: COVID-19 Hits the WNBA Community Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
jap wrote:
Coyotes wrote:

As far as I am aware she has recovered by now.

Thanks for the update, even if it is unconfirmed.

#NATC

PostPosted: 11/12/20 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

satou_sabally wrote:
Thank you to everyone who has reached out to check in on me. I recently tested positive for COVID and have been in quarantine. Thankfully, I’m through the worst of it and feeling much better.

Unfortunately, given the timing, I won’t be able to join the German National Team this break. Of course I will be cheering them on from home. I plan to travel to back to Turkey once it is safe to do so.

Go Deutschland 🇩🇪 holt euch die zwei Siege Ladies @dbb_basketball

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: