RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Joe Biden vs. Donald Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 04/16/20 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Wow . . . I'll vote for Party X no matter who the presidential candidate is, no matter who the vice presidential candidate is, no matter how old they are, no matter what their health situations are, no matter what their experience is, and no matter what their policies are on any issue at all!

Huh. I'm shocked anyone finds that surprising, given how it was the entire rationale for MANY voters in '16....."I just hate Hillary, so I'll vote for a proven criminal, confirmed pussy-grabbing, lying con-man". ANYTHING other than Hillary. "Wow" indeed! Rolling Eyes Is that any different??

GlennMacGrady wrote:
It's really hard for me to think a less qualified or more dangerous candidate to lead the world and hold the nuclear codes than a person in serious old-age mental decline. I wouldn't care it it was one of the giants on Mt. Rushmore. Too old and senile is disqualifying.

Hmmm.
"Old, mentally declining vice president who could surround himself with highly qualified people AND wouldn't fire them at the first hint of disagreement"
or....
"TOTALLY self-serving egomaniac, constitution-defying, Russia/Korea sycophant who's fired every single underling that's offered a 'contrasting' opinion, with no empathy for REAL Americans, whose main goal is his own financial enrichment"
GlennMacGrady wrote:
I think Trump will get lots of votes other than his almost equally hard-to-define "base".

Laughing Yeah, they're actually QUITE identifiable.

By some special magic, I've been *blessed* with Trump Campaign e-mails. I've never seen such absurdly constructed bait letters by a candidate. But. They CLEARLY know their "base": People who might find this all believable, and relish the 7th grade playground rhetoric. Here are some samples:
Quote:
Howee.

What a difference a few months can make.

In August, it was reported that Barack Obama told Sleepy Joe, “You don’t have to do this Joe, you really don’t.” And now, Obama has publicly endorsed him for President of the United States.

I know what you’re thinking. It doesn’t make any sense.

It took 355 days for Cheatin’ Obama to endorse Joe - it’s obvious that even he didn’t want his former VP to become the next President, or else he wouldn’t have waited until Joe was the last man standing - how pathetic.

But, I can’t ignore the fact that Sleepy Joe just got back-to-back endorsements from Crazy Bernie and Obama to ignite the Liberal Mob, which is why I’ve activated a 24 HOUR CASH SURGE to get us back on track.

I WANT TO RAISE $1 MILLION in the NEXT 24 HOURS - ALL CONTRIBUTIONS WILL BE DOUBLE-MATCHED!

Please contribute ANY AMOUNT immediately to help us CRUSH Sleepy Joe and your gift will be DOUBLE-MATCHED. >>

or....

Quote:
Howee,

Every day that goes by is another day closer to Election Day.

My team just informed me that you STILL haven’t contributed to our movement yet. Take a look for yourself:

OFFICIAL RECORD
Supporter: Howee McTrump
City: Anytown
State: Pennsylvania
Zip: 12345
Donor Since: NOT AVAILABLE
2020 Campaign Cycle Gifts: $0
Lifetime Total: $0

That’s why I’m reaching out with a one-time offer in the hope that you’ll join me on the right side of history.

For a limited time, if you make your FIRST contribution of ANY AMOUNT, you’ll automatically reach VIP status and become a member of the Official Trump VIP Club.
That’s right, Howard, you could join the ranks as an Official Trump VIP, and all you have to do is contribute.

Your personal Trump VIP Club offer is only available until 11:59 PM TONIGHT. If you fail to join now, you may never have another chance to join this prestigious group.

Please make your FIRST EVER contribution of ANY AMOUNT by 11:59 PM TONIGHT, and you’ll automatically become a member of the Official Trump VIP Club. >>

THESE ARE REAL CAMPAIGN COMMUNICATIONS. Shocked
Do these not help *identify* who/what their base constituency is?? This is based on their marketing research: they appeal to the least intelligent, most gullible among us. What kind of person is this garbage actually effective with?

I've received many solicitous letters from Warren, Biden, Sanders, etc., and NONE of them came close to this insanity.

So, yeah....I know many Trump supporters. And literally all of them fall into 1 of 2 categories: A. The letters above actually make sense, and resonate with them -- even causes them to donate, OR B. They just HATED HILLARY.

pilight wrote:
Running mates don't matter

2 words: Sarah. Palin.

I remember people who liked/respected McCain, but as old as he was, they couldn't bear the idea of her succeeding him. Who could know actual numbers here, but she certainly did not HELP him. Maybe "don't matter" is too broad a judgment.

Last edited by Howee on 04/16/20 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/16/20 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

2 words: Sarah. Palin.

I remember people who liked/respected McCain, but as old as he was, they couldn't bear the idea of her succeeding him. Who could know actual numbers here, but she certainly did not HELP him. Maybe "don't matter" is too broad a judgment.

I maintain that she brought Clinton voters to Obama faster than Clinton did.

I was one of them. Upset over the primary - then they pulled Palin out.

"Oh hell no..that will not be the first woman to win on a ticket.." Laughing

VP matters a lot this time. First of all, VP is going to need to campaign more than Biden. #Hide'emBiden Also, Biden is old..and VP is next in line.

PostPosted: 04/16/20 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCain was losing before he picked Palin and he kept losing. She made no difference.

PostPosted: 04/16/20 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
McCain was losing before he picked Palin and he kept losing. She made no difference.

Easily said. How can you actually prove it's more than your opinion?

PostPosted: 04/17/20 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per FiveThirtyEight Trump hit the best disapproval percentage of his presidency (beyond the first month) recently when it dipped below 50%. His approval ratings were also at highs. But that has been reversing in the last week. He is still at good figures for him (52.1% disapprove, 44% approve). Seems like the election could now hinge on this one event and how it is perceived Trump dealt with it. He is lucky he bought a semi-travel ban on China on 1/31/2020 (which he says was early) because he did virtually nothing throughout February.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/29/20 6:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Concern arising about whether Jill Biden needs to help Joe Biden by appearing with him. That is help as in help him not make mistakes and get him through the event. I think Joe Biden can seem too old in some of these basement interviews he does, but when it really counted - the one on one debate with Bernie Sanders, he seemed fine to me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B-8RQECwDeg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xpMnOIsxZPs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pilight

PostPosted: 04/29/20 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The polls right now are disastrous for Trump. Biden has even pulled ahead in Texas!

https://static.texastribune.org/media/files/d72e152a3ad3380ae5a007c0849f2dd1/DTPPP-Texas-April27-28-2020.pdf

PostPosted: 05/01/20 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This would be too funny!!! In a good way!
Quote:
“I don’t want to put you on the spot -- I think I could still play soccer and do this,” Rapinoe said. “But if you need a vice president, I’m just saying I’m available for an interview. We can talk logistics and the details. Put it on your list.

“No pressure,” she added.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2020/04/30/megan-rapinoe-offers-joe-biden-running-mate/3061348001/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Howee

PostPosted: 05/02/20 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
I think Trump will get lots of votes other than his almost equally hard-to-define "base".

Laughing Yeah, they're actually QUITE identifiable.

Quote:
An anguished question from a Trump supporter: ‘Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?’

The serious answer: Here’s what we really think about Trump supporters - the rich, the poor, the malignant and the innocently well-meaning, the ones who think and the ones who don't...

That when you saw a man who had owned a fraudulent University, intent on scamming poor people, you thought "Fine."

That when you saw a man who had made it his business practice to stiff his creditors, you said, "Okay."

That when you heard him proudly brag about his own history of sexual abuse, you said, "No problem."

That when he made up stories about seeing Muslim-Americans in the thousands cheering the destruction of the World Trade Center, you said, "Not an issue."

That when you saw him brag that he could shoot a man on Fifth Avenue and you wouldn't care, you chirped, "He sure knows me."

That when you heard him illustrate his own character by telling that cute story about the elderly guest bleeding on the floor at his country club, the story about how he turned his back and how it was all an imposition on him, you said, "That's cool!"

That when you saw him mock the disabled, you thought it was the funniest thing you ever saw.

That when you heard him brag that he doesn't read books, you said, "Well, who has time?"

That when the Central Park Five were compensated as innocent men convicted of a crime they didn't commit, and he angrily said that they should still be in prison, you said, "That makes sense."

That when you heard him tell his supporters to beat up protesters and that he would hire attorneys, you thought, "Yes!"

That when you heard him tell one rally to confiscate a man's coat before throwing him out into the freezing cold, you said, "What a great guy!"

That you have watched the parade of neo-Nazis and white supremacists with whom he curries favor, while refusing to condemn outright Nazis, and you have said, "Thumbs up!"

That you hear him unable to talk to foreign dignitaries without insulting their countries and demanding that they praise his electoral win, you said, "That's the way I want my President to be."

That you have watched him remove expertise from all layers of government in favor of people who make money off of eliminating protections in the industries they're supposed to be regulating and you have said, "What a genius!"

That you have heard him continue to profit from his businesses, in part by leveraging his position as President, to the point of overcharging the Secret Service for space in the properties he owns, and you have said, "That's smart!"

That you have heard him say that it was difficult to help Puerto Rico because it was in the middle of water and you have said, "That makes sense."

That you have seen him start fights with every country from Canada to New Zealand while praising Russia and quote, "falling in love" with the dictator of North Korea, and you have said, "That's statesmanship!"

That Trump separated children from their families and put them in cages, managed to lose track of 1500 kids, has opened a tent city incarceration camp in the desert in Texas - he explains that they’re just “animals” - and you say, “Well, OK then.”

That you have witnessed all the thousand and one other manifestations of corruption and low moral character and outright animalistic rudeness and contempt for you, the working American voter, and you still show up grinning and wearing your MAGA hats and threatening to beat up anybody who says otherwise.

What you don't get, Trump supporters in 2019, is that succumbing to frustration and thinking of you as stupid may be wrong and unhelpful, but it's also...hear me...charitable.

Because if you're NOT stupid, we must turn to other explanations, and most of them are less flattering.

PostPosted: 05/02/20 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joe Biden pushed the bogus, disastrous and murderous Iraq War vote through a Democratic Senate. Worse than any of Trump’s uncivility, meanness or coldness (and being a nice guy is not considered a good trait for a president by most) and shows there are voters willing to overlook bad behavior on both sides. So any sanctimony by one side is misplaced.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/02/20 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Joe Biden pushed the bogus, disastrous and murderous Iraq War vote through a Democratic Senate. Worse than any of Trump’s uncivility, meanness or coldness (and being a nice guy is not considered a good trait for a president by most) and shows there are voters willing to overlook bad behavior on both sides. So any sanctimony by one side is misplaced.

That's STRICTLY an opinion.
(and for the record, Obama was definitely a 'nice guy', and is far more popular with more Americans that Trump ever will be)

Hindsight affords us the view that Biden was quite misguided, BUT HE WAS OPERATING ON WHAT WAS THE ACCEPTED INTEL. Anddd...(here's a *BIGGIE*....) JOE IS CAPABLE OF ADMITTING THE ERROR IN JUDGMENT.

Joe has not created deadly delays in the path of an oncoming pandemic, which has already taken 60,000 lives, compared to the 7000 soldiers lost in both Iraq AND Afghanistan over 20 YEARS. Guess who IS responsible, and who will NEVER admit it.

Opinions are kinda funny that way.

PostPosted: 05/03/20 2:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:

(and for the record, Obama was definitely a 'nice guy', and is far more popular with more Americans that Trump ever will be)

Hindsight affords us the view that Biden was quite misguided, BUT HE WAS OPERATING ON WHAT WAS THE ACCEPTED INTEL. Anddd...(here's a *BIGGIE*....) JOE IS CAPABLE OF ADMITTING THE ERROR IN JUDGMENT.

Joe has not created deadly delays in the path of an oncoming pandemic, which has already taken 60,000 lives, compared to the 7000 soldiers lost in both Iraq AND Afghanistan over 20 YEARS. Guess who IS responsible, and who will NEVER admit it.

Obama being a nice guy is also an opinion. The Iraq invasion was a war crime even if they had WMDs. America has no right to attack a country on that basis. But any fool could see they were lying about that. Only fear of the flag waving loonies kept people from speaking the obvious fact that you can’t be sure Iraq has WMDs if you can’t direct UN Weapons Inspectors to a single place - out of hundreds offered - that has them. You looked for deaths from the Iraq war crimes thatand only counted those on the American side?!

tfan

PostPosted: 05/03/20 2:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:

The Iraq invasion was a war crime even if they had WMDs in violation of United Nations directives. America has no right to attack a country on that basis. It would have been a lot easier for people to note that they were lying about it if the press had been brave enough to point out that UN Weapons Inspectors were finding nothing despite going to hundreds of sites given to them by the CIA. But the press didn't even have the nerve to report that after the fact as part of an expose. There was no credible intelligence they had them no matter how many times some politician or bureaucrat claims it. You can't not have something and the CIA have good proof that you have it. Which is why we never got a big Russiagate-style investigation into how they could be “sure” they had them when they didn’t have them or how Colin Powell could show satellite pictures to the UN of where they “certainly” had them. No one wants an investigation to end with “the government lied”. Only fear of the flag waving loonies kept people from speaking the obvious fact that you can’t be sure Iraq has WMDs if you can’t direct UN Weapons Inspectors to a single place - out of hundreds offered - that has them. The few who dared to point that out were subjected to the public’s wrath and fired or canceled, such as Phil Donahue.

You looked for deaths from the Iraq war crimes and only counted those of Americans?!

Biden did say the vote was a mistake. But it took him a bit and he is lying about when he did it and he likely only feels it was a mistake because of the disastrous aftermath not the horrible war crimes part. Here he is back in 2003:

Quote:
For my bona fides here, I want to make it clear at the outset, No. 1, I voted to give the President the authority to go to Iraq, and I believe it was the correct vote," Biden said. "I am not at all happy with the way the administration failed to plan for the fall of Saddam."

My great concern here is, I supported going to Iraq. I think it was the right vote. I think it was necessary to enforce the international rules of the road," Biden said.

Joe Biden said at a Democratic debate that he had been against the Iraq war immediately after it began.

Quote:
“The world, in fact, voted to send inspectors in and they still went to war," Biden said at the debate of his 2002 vote. "From that point on, I was in the position of making the case that it was a big, big mistake."

Here are excerpts from an incredible speech he gave in 2004 that (along with the other quote above) shows he lied in the debate:

Quote:
”We had to go into Iraq, not because Saddam (Hussein) was part of Al Qaeda, there was no evidence of that, not because he possessed nuclear weapons or because he posed an imminent threat to the United States, there was no evidence of that."
"The legitimate reason for going into Iraq, was he violated every single commitment he made and warranted being taken down. And the international community and us had a right to respond."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/17/politics/biden-iraq-kfile/index.html

Last edited by tfan on 05/03/20 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Howee

PostPosted: 05/03/20 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The Iraq invasion was a war crime even if they had WMDs in violation of United Nations directives. America has no right to attack a country on that basis.

First of all, you DO understand that we have the very same view of that debacle....right?

BUT. To imply here that Biden was solely responsible for it is absurd, and you know that. It's a stain on his record, but he didn't single-handedly create the problem.

Trump, on the other hand, has bullied his way to the forefront of the "Let's Pretend Covid Isn't Real" movement. HIS denials and directives were the key factors on an *official* policy that has undeniably cost many American lives.

Judging each of their roles in their own 'mistakes', one is CLEARLY more egregious than the other.

PostPosted: 05/03/20 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Quote:
The Iraq invasion was a war crime even if they had WMDs in violation of United Nations directives. America has no right to attack a country on that basis.

First of all, you DO understand that we have the very same view of that debacle....right?

BUT. To imply here that Biden was solely responsible for it is absurd, and you know that. It's a stain on his record, but he didn't single-handedly create the problem.

The Senate was also lied to, which gets forgotten in these discussions. 80 percent of the Senate voted for it.

PostPosted: 05/04/20 6:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ite0_SeVkQQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ite0_SeVkQQ

PostPosted: 05/05/20 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="607" height="342" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t_yG_-K2MDo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/t_yG_-K2MDo

PostPosted: 05/06/20 2:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
<embed><iframe width="607" height="342" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t_yG_-K2MDo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/t_yG_-K2MDo

That's a very effective ad. Takes Reagan's "Morning in America" and twists it to use on Trump. And since Trump would take all the credit for a good economy, fair to give him all the blame for a bad one. The amazing thing is that the Democrats didn't make this. The Lincoln Project is a conservative Republican group.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/14/20 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rasmussen only does automated polling and has consistently had the highest approval ratings for Trump, even hitting 50% at times. They just did a poll that showed 23% of Republicans would like a nominee other than Trump in 2020.

https://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2020/23_of_republicans_think_gop_should_nominate_someone_other_than_trump

But... they also found that 28% of Democrats want a candidate other than Biden.

https://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2020/only_54_of_democrats_want_biden_as_nominee

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/15/20 6:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="GlennMacGrady" Does Democrat = socialist now, yes or no? I don't think there's a clear answer.
/quote]

By "Socialist" do you mean policy that directly benefits the "working class", rather than policy which directly benefits the top 2% or so and is woven into the fabric of US domestic policy in the form of grants, bailouts, tax loop holes, etc etc etc?

The answer is as clear as night and day. Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and Barrack Obama are the "leaders" of the party, which is funded by capitalists.

Were you or any friends educated at a public school? Ever study at or read a book from the public library? Have you ever driven on a road to get to work? Does the town plow the street you live on? Congrats- you've participated in, and benefited from, Socialism!

Feel dirty now? Laughing

PostPosted: 05/19/20 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

White House portrait ceremony may be the latest casualty of the political divide

Quote:
WASHINGTON — It's been a White House tradition for decades: A first-term president hosts a ceremony in the East Room for the unveiling of the official portrait of his immediate predecessor that will hang in the halls of the White House for posterity.

Republican presidents have done it for Democratic presidents, and vice versa — even when one of them ascended to the White House by defeating or sharply criticizing the other.

"We may have our differences politically," President Barack Obama said when he hosted former President George W. Bush for his portrait unveiling in 2012, "but the presidency transcends those differences."

Yet this modern ritual won't be taking place between Obama and President Donald Trump, according to people familiar with the matter. And if Trump wins a second term in November, it could be 2025 before Obama returns to the White House to see his portrait displayed among every U.S. president from George Washington to Bush.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/white-house-portrait-ceremony-may-be-latest-casualty-political-divide-n1209676?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

PostPosted: 05/19/20 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While Trump is being petty, as usual, in not holding the portrait ceremony it's not like this "tradition" stretches back centuries. It's only been the last four presidents who have hosted their predecessor like that.

PostPosted: 05/19/20 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
While Trump is being petty, as usual, in not holding the portrait ceremony it's not like this "tradition" stretches back centuries. It's only been the last four presidents who have hosted their predecessor like that.

Petty isn’t the first word that comes to mind when describing Putin’s bitch.

PostPosted: 05/19/20 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

....and frankly, if *I* were Obama, I'd much rather have somebody else....ANYBODY else....oversee that honor.

PostPosted: 05/19/20 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
....and frankly, if *I* were Obama, I'd much rather have somebody else....ANYBODY else....oversee that honor.

Who desires to be honored by the worst US president EVER? Allow Biden to be responsible instead of this impeached peach.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: