RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 04/16/20 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Inspire Brands Teams Up with the Atlanta Dream for 2020 Season

https://stories.inspirebrands.com/inspire-brands-atlanta-dream-2020-season-jersey-badge-partner/

Quote:
The Atlanta Dream and Inspire Brands announced today that Inspire will become the first-ever official jersey badge partner of the WNBA team. Beginning with the 2020 season, Inspire’s brands will be featured on the upper-left shoulder of all editions of the Dream’s jerseys.

PostPosted: 04/16/20 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd be Inspired if Mr. Brown bought a certain somebody out.

~lw3

pilight

PostPosted: 04/16/20 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Note the numbers on the shorts

PostPosted: 04/16/20 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The most obvious solution. Took them long enough. It’s like Trump being in charge of uniform changes.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/16/20 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huh, interesting. Didn't seem that long ago when the Dream had two different uniforms that were two different shades of blue. A real changing of the guard, I guess. Arrow

"Icon" / "Statement" Edition. Rolling Eyes I wish teams could just name them the colors that they are. Razz

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/16/20 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Huh, interesting. Didn't seem that long ago when the Dream had two different uniforms that were two different shades of blue. A real changing of the guard, I guess. Arrow

"Icon" / "Statement" Edition. Rolling Eyes I wish teams could just name them the colors that they are. Razz

They change jersey's like they change Drawers . I for one like the original White and red then the Baby blue and red . These last set's were a mess , Dark blue and Light blue seemed like A LOT of effort was put into that . Rolling Eyes These are not bad , but they seem to favor the Vegas jerseys now .

PostPosted: 04/16/20 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
At least the Dream still have a sense of humor.

https://twitter.com/AtlantaDream/status/1250102685132640257

A sense of humor, hmmm...ok, maybe...but is Phoenix that much older than Atlanta now? Griner and Diggins-Smith are class of '13 so if that's the new core with Alanna Smith, Sophie Cunningham, Hartley Brianna Turner, Yvonne Turner and of course the GOAT, then I don't think the age is a big issue. Diana is really the only 32+ year old vet on that team.

And she's the GOAT. As in arguably the best every to play in the WNBA...

So age-ism is an also an issue.

And when you're a struggling franchise with a potentially criminal right-wing, anti-choice homophobic nut as your owner and you have all of 0 rings compared to Phoenix who has 3 rings and a large fan base and successful business, and you've just traded away your franchise player, it's quite cheeky to post that.

And frankly, it's just quite embarrassing for the Atlanta Dream.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 04/16/20 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Randy wrote:
At least the Dream still have a sense of humor.

https://twitter.com/AtlantaDream/status/1250102685132640257

A sense of humor, hmmm...ok, maybe...but is Phoenix that much older than Atlanta now? Griner and Diggins-Smith are class of '13 so if that's the new core with Alanna Smith, Sophie Cunningham, Hartley Brianna Turner, Yvonne Turner and of course the GOAT, then I don't think the age is a big issue. Diana is really the only 32+ year old vet on that team.

And she's the GOAT. As in arguably the best every to play in the WNBA...

So age-ism is an also an issue.

And when you're a struggling franchise with a potentially criminal right-wing, anti-choice homophobic nut as your owner and you have all of 0 rings compared to Phoenix who has 3 rings and a large fan base and successful business, and you've just traded away your franchise player, it's quite cheeky to post that.

And frankly, it's just quite embarrassing for the Atlanta Dream.

Aside from that, the Merc did way better with this "beef" anyways

https://twitter.com/PhoenixMercury/status/1250104039963897858

https://twitter.com/PhoenixMercury/status/1250138528542912512

Randy

PostPosted: 04/16/20 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It isn't exactly a great look for the Dream that one of "old" players on the Mercury was on the Dream last year. TBH - I think it would have been more appropriate for Team USA.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/16/20 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's all in fun. Good to see a little non-PC niggling.

- Amanda Gorman
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 04/16/20 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Note the numbers on the shorts

I love the 'Dream' font on the jerseys and glad they put numbers on the shorts. Once again it looks like every team will have the same boring numbers and only 2 unis. Thanks NIKE. I wished Atlanta would have kept the light blue unis instead of the grey ones. Maybe they can add a 3rd uni the season 🤷🏿‍♂️👀👀🤷🏿‍♂️

PostPosted: 04/17/20 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DREAM 2020

PG: Montgomery/Carter/Cazorla
SG: Williams/Jones/Pivec
SF: Hayes/Stricklen
PF: Johnson/Billings/Thornton
C: Williams/Brown/Brewer

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 04/18/20 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure why people are so meh about Atlanta's draft. There were about 2 1/2 players in the draft with a chance to be superstars and the Dream got one of them. Brewer is a player many were projecting as first rounder. She could be a serviceable big. The third rounders don't really matter.

PostPosted: 04/18/20 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brewer has to beat out Coates for that fifth post spot. Certainly possible, but Coates at least knows the system.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/18/20 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Brewer has to beat out Coates for that fifth post spot. Certainly possible, but Coates at least knows the system.

If Brewer has a pulse she can beat out Coates for that last post spot.

PostPosted: 04/18/20 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Not too obvious Coates even knows the system. She certainly didn't play much so who knows what she knows?

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/19/20 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I'm dead....🙉😆😂

stever

PostPosted: 04/19/20 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T22K2p1yg-s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 04/22/20 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://womenshoopsworld.com/2020/04/20/carter-to-be-the-focal-point-of-atlanta-dreams-reboot/

Quote:
“I like our roster,” Collen said. “You start with the pieces and put them together once you get them on the court, and figure out the combinations that work best.”

Collenstein’s Monster.

Quote:
“We’re excited about what Chennedy Carter is going to bring to the table,” Collen said. “She’s somebody we’ve spent a lot of time digging in and really getting to know well. We know she’s capable of being a great point guard in this league and learning to lead.”

Oh, she fooled me. She was referring to Carter as a SG in a pre-draft interview. You can never trust coaches in pre-draft interviews, not even Collen.

Quote:
Collen said that Brewer was exactly the player they had hoped to get with their second pick.

I was feeling exactly the same way, especially after the Lynx picked an SF-sized player in the first round. The Lynx need size, but instead they picked a midget PG.

Quote:
Collen said she was pleasantly surprised Pivec was available in the third round.

“She’s just an intense competitor – there’s no one tougher in the game,” Collen said. “She’s the best guard rebounder in college basketball, and it’s not even close.”

I think they played Pivec in the 3 spot, so that probably helped a little with the rebounding. Ionescu finished with 10 more rebounds in her career, so I would say that she’s the best rebounding guard, but it’s close.

Quote:
Citing her athleticism, Collen said there are no ceilings for “big time” Kobi Thornton.

Okay, Collen is getting more and more carried away, so it might be time to end this interview. Surprised

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/22/20 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Not too obvious Coates even knows the system. She certainly didn't play much so who knows what she knows?

Coates could use the aids of the four D's, i.e., Discipline, Desire, Drive and a Delco Battery.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/22/20 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Chennedy Carter took 434 shots and had 80 assists.

Sabrina Ionescu took 421 shots and had 299 assists,

Crystal Dangerfield took 361 shots and had 118 assists.

With USA Basketball, Carter was more balanced, with 197 shots and 47 assists.

But at all levels, her A/TO is not that of a point guard, and the subtext that's out there about her being selfish -- which I can't speak to because I haven't watched her enough -- could be a problem too.

She seems to me much more a scorer than a facilitator, and could be a really good scoring guard at the WNBA level. But playing point guard is as much mental as physical, and I'm not sure she really fits.

PostPosted: 04/22/20 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You’ve got to use context when describing Carter. With all due respect to her teammates, her job was to put the ball in the hoop, not look like Penicheiro.

And I get that people that watched basketball in the 70-80s prefer PGs that just passed the ball and wasn’t really good at anything else, but times are changing. PGs are more athletic, better at slashing and creating shots for themselves and others.

There’s a reason why true PGs are having a tough time making rosters..

PostPosted: 04/22/20 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
And I get that people that watched basketball in the 70-80s prefer PGs that just passed the ball and wasn’t really good at anything else, but times are changing.

That wasn't the thing at the pro level even then. The best NBA PGs of the 70's were guys like Walt Frazier and Tiny Archibald, who could drop 20 points/night.

PostPosted: 04/22/20 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
You’ve got to use context when describing Carter. With all due respect to her teammates, her job was to put the ball in the hoop, not look like Penicheiro.

And I get that people that watched basketball in the 70-80s prefer PGs that just passed the ball and wasn’t really good at anything else, but times are changing. PGs are more athletic, better at slashing and creating shots for themselves and others.

There’s a reason why true PGs are having a tough time making rosters..

This __________

PostPosted: 04/22/20 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
And I get that people that watched basketball in the 70-80s prefer PGs that just passed the ball and wasn’t really good at anything else, but times are changing.

That wasn't the thing at the pro level even then. The best NBA PGs of the 70's were guys like Walt Frazier and Tiny Archibald, who could drop 20 points/night.

Well whatever era it was. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 20 of 30

Jump to: