RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Why the NBA is unwatchable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard 77

PostPosted: 04/27/05 8:17 pm    ::: Why the NBA is unwatchable. Reply Reply with quote

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/index.php?ntid=37686&ntpid=2

Of course, my own opinion is that dunking is a major contributor to the NBA's downfall and that it should be outlawed in the WNBA...

Richard 77

PostPosted: 04/27/05 9:53 pm    ::: Re: Why the NBA is unwatchable. Reply Reply with quote

shyguy1701 wrote:
http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/index.php?ntid=37686&ntpid=2

Of course, my own opinion is that dunking is a major contributor to the NBA's downfall and that it should be outlawed in the WNBA...

My reply to the author:

Hey Tommy Oates! So you don't like watching the NBA? What a shame...NOT! So the players don't play defense...so the players don't play like a team...so the players don't have fundamentals? Do you really think those are the kind of things fans of the NBA want to see? Not a chance! That's just a lot of hypocritical mumbo-jumbo. The only things fans of the NBA really want to see are dunks, dunks, and more dunks. That's the only thing they find to excite them at basketball games. Baseball's getting to be the same way. The only thing people are hoping to see during games are home runs. Same with football, most fans only care about the play that scored the touchdown, not the 15 five yard plays the team had to accomplish to get to their opponent's goal line. If you really wanted to see defense, team play and good fundmentals in basketball, you'd be watching the games being played in the WNBA where all of those things exist. Oh, but that's right, you're a man, and as a man, you'd probably rather be watching 'superior' male athletes play basketball than a bunch of women playing the game. And let us not forget what men say when they even catch a glimpse of women playing defensive-minded, fundamental team basketball: "It's boring.", "I'd rather be watching paint dry." "Women shouldn't play basketball, that's a man's game." Well Mr. Oates, you and your fellow men need to own up to your own responsibility and admit you've all had a hand in making the NBA what it is today. A very lousy sport. As they say, you've made your bed, now you can lie in it. As for me, I'm heading to New York this summer to see my first live WNBA game. And I couldn't be more excited to see the game played the way it used to be when men played it the right way.

Sincerely,

Richard 77

PostPosted: 04/30/05 10:23 pm    ::: Re: Why the NBA is unwatchable. Reply Reply with quote

If anyone's interested, my letter was printed in today's Wisconsin State Journal. (Edited, of course...) Rolling Eyes

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/02/05 2:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shyguy, has Tommy Oates previously trashed the WNBA? Give us some background about the columnist.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: