RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

3,500+ Cars Destroyed in Fire at Airport

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/05/20 5:02 pm    ::: 3,500+ Cars Destroyed in Fire at Airport Reply Reply with quote

I drove by a little strip mall last week. The parking lot was FULL of cars. Cars everywhere. No parking lot is full of cars now. Couldn't figure it out. I drive by that place somewhat regularly and don't remember ever seeing it even 25% full. This was maxed out! Then I remembered that there is a car rental business there. With everything shut down, travel limited, there is little need for rental cars. I'm not sure that I ever realized the need for rental cars in Nowhere, Indiana. Maybe they were driven there from Fort Wayne and stored there. IDK.

This is going to be costly!!!!

Quote:
The blaze began Friday, spanned 15 acres and originally involved only 20 cars in the grassy rental car overflow area at the airport in Fort Myers, fire department officials said.

But by the time it was extinguished, the flames had destroyed more than 3,500 rental cars, a Lee County Port Authority spokesperson told CNN affiliate WINK.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/national/fire-at-florida-airport-destroys-more-than-3500-rental-cars/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/05/20 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I read there were 8000 cars in that overflow lot, which was actually just a field. Comments online suggest somebody parked a car with a hot exhaust in that field of dry grass.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/05/20 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I read there were 8000 cars in that overflow lot, which was actually just a field. Comments online suggest somebody parked a car with a hot exhaust in that field of dry grass.

8,000?? Wow!

Hot exhaust was my first thought. Second thought was whoever was parking them, dropped their cigarette.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Randy

PostPosted: 04/05/20 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are reports that hundreds of thousands of cars were destroyed in the Hurricane Harvey flooding.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/05/20 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
There are reports that hundreds of thousands of cars were destroyed in the Hurricane Harvey flooding.

That's a lot too!!! Shocked

I guess when you think about all of the cars of the citizens, at car dealers, rental agencies over that large area...still a lot of cars ruined!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: