View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 03/20/20 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
'Sup, Dream fans? LOL.

Are there any left?

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 03/20/20 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to Sen. Farmgal's post-prison renaissance, where she'll host a celebrity guest-filled gardening hour on MTV 2 with a PR-boosting rapper.

"Kelly and Quavo." Has a nice ring to it already. Martha would agree. Weeknights at 10!

She couldn't think of selling her stake in the Dream, I suppose?

~lw3

hyperetic

PostPosted: 03/20/20 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
More on Loeffler's recent activities: https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1240802700171849731?s=20
Quote:
NEW: Sen. Kelly Loeffler sold between $1.2M and $3.1M worth of stock in the three weeks beginning on Jan 24—the day of a closed-door, all-Senator briefing on the coronavirus

Oops...
(Hand caught in cookie jar).
Shades

PostPosted: 03/31/20 5:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HMWAOZIFyDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 04/01/20 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We gettin tossed from Collipark Coliseum for chanting SELL THE TEAM* all game long or nah?

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/loeffler-reports-more-stock-sales-amid-insider-trading-allegations/YFPDT3pChO873nuzNKa44K/

Quote:
U.S. Sen. Kelly Loeffler’s most recent financial disclosures show that millions of dollars in stocks were sold on her behalf at the same time Congress was dealing with the impact of the coronavirus.

The largest transactions — and the most politically problematic — involve $18.7 million in sales of Intercontinental Exchange stock in three separate deals dated Feb. 26 and March 11. Loeffler is a former executive with ICE, and her husband, Jeff Sprecher, is the CEO of the company, which owns the New York Stock Exchange among other financial marketplaces.

During the same time period reflected on reports filed late Tuesday, the couple also sold shares in retail stores such as Lululemon and T.J. Maxx and invested in a company that makes COVID-19 protective garments.

*LOCK HER UP might only encourage the Dream to play better on-ball defense.

~lw3

Randy

PostPosted: 04/01/20 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AJC just retracted that story. Said Kelly gave them that info as an April Fool's day joke. Razz

https://www.ajc.com/news/aprilfools/

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 04/01/20 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
AJC just retracted that story. Said Kelly gave them that info as an April Fool's day joke. Razz

https://www.ajc.com/news/aprilfools/

Laughing Laughing Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 04/02/20 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel McCoughtry on Kelly Loeffler

https://twitter.com/angel_35/status/1245744329366425606

Quote:
My quote to the papers on Kelly Leoffler

PostPosted: 04/02/20 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ugh. What an unnecessary own goal; she didn't have to say shit.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 04/02/20 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mmmmm curdled ice cream.

~lw3

Shades

PostPosted: 04/02/20 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She may have just turned into the most hated WNBA player in history. Not one tweet is in support of her while dozens are keying off on her. Not too bright, McCoughtry.

Screenshot before delete.

Last edited by Shades on 04/02/20 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/02/20 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't understand the venom toward Angel. Her statement is pretty simple and str8forward and, I assume, her honest take on it. How is it self serving? She's not in Atlanta anymore.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 04/02/20 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-GWQVsCYVwI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 04/02/20 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I don't understand the venom toward Angel. Her statement is pretty simple and str8forward and, I assume, her honest take on it. How is it self serving? She's not in Atlanta anymore.

You're not obliged to defend someone who did something horrible, just because you happen to like them. Kelly Loeffler is suspected of insider trading, during a pandemic, no less. That's not "differing political views," that's fucking criminal. For McCoughtry to release her headass "She ain't neva done nothin' ta me" statement is tone deaf as hell.

McCoughtry made a gross miscalculation in releasing a statement about this, at all. If she likes Loeffler, that's her prerogative. It's not like anybody asked her to criticize Loeffler; there was no need for her to go out of her way to defend Loeffler, least of all over this bullshit. It's like when Terry Crews threw Gabrielle Union under the bus, in his zeal to defend America's Got Talent. She basically said to her followers, and anyone else who may have become a victim of this trading scandal, that she doesn't think that what Loeffler did (sorry, is "accused of") is a big deal: an unnecessary own goal.

To quote the host of my favorite podcast, shutting the fuck up is free.

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 04/02/20 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
She may have just turned into the most hated WNBA player in history.

"Hooray!"

~sophiayoungmalcolm

tfan

PostPosted: 04/03/20 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The heinous thing that Kelly Loeffler and the rest of the Senate did was not warning the country about what was happening in China and taking steps to slow the spread into and around this country. Reportedly only 14 Senators attended the classified briefing that let them know what was coming. But they must have all heard about the overall conclusion. Have to wonder if there was a conscious decision to stay silent about it and hope it was not going to happen.

There was one Senator who saw what was coming and warned about it even before Wuhan went on lockdown and the Senate was briefed. Tom Cotton of Arkansas:

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrUiqGZxYZeCDIAMg9EDN04;_ylu=X3oDMTByNWU4cGh1BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--/RV=2/RE=1585919513/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fnews.yahoo.com%2fsenator-saw-coronavirus-coming-163000299.html/RK=2/RS=YZQTK1vnZjFLlTbsFWNvQERsPtY-

willtalk

PostPosted: 04/03/20 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am not sure that selling stock in companies that were obviously going to take a hit under these circumstances constituted insider trading. I believe that they need to be a part of the company involved and have information that applies specifically to a certain company and not an entire industry. I mean if you knew what was coming down wouldn't you dump your stocks. Or would you allow your self to lose your assets based on principle? Insider trading usually involves making a profit not avoiding a loss.

PostPosted: 04/03/20 4:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
I am not sure that selling stock in companies that were obviously going to take a hit under these circumstances constituted insider trading. I believe that they need to be a part of the company involved and have information that applies specifically to a certain company and not an entire industry. I mean if you knew what was coming down wouldn't you dump your stocks. Or would you allow your self to lose your assets based on principle? Insider trading usually involves making a profit not avoiding a loss.

It isn’t a standard “insider trading” violation based on non-public company information. It is a violation of the STOCK Act passed in April 2012 which prevents member of Congress from profiting from non-public information. But I still say the real crime is making a global pandemic for which we were going to do nothing for a few months to stop, and for which we were completely unprepared for - non-public information.

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 04/03/20 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Oh, but she's such a sweet-hearted person. She handed me candy once!"

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/1246015062759952384

~lw3

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 04/03/20 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCoughtry is, rather deservingly, getting ratioed over that tweet... just imagine how bad she'd be getting roasted if people actually paid attention to the WNBA?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/07/20 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Guardian on Loeffler, the Dream and the WNBA.

https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2020/apr/07/kelly-loeffler-the-wnba-owner-against-everything-the-league-stands-for

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 04/13/20 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kevin Chouinard notes that the recently deceased Zach Cooper (Portland Trail Blazers video assistant) was the Dream's scouting director in 2018 and 2019.

https://twitter.com/KLChouinard/status/1249746819896180740

~lw3

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 04/15/20 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I made the mistake of following the draft's Wiki page. When and for what did the Dream deal their 13th pick to/via somebody else to NYL?

~lw3

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 04/15/20 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lethalweapon3 wrote:
I made the mistake of following the draft's Wiki page. When and for what did the Dream deal their 13th pick to/via somebody else to NYL?

~lw3

nvm, the Courtney Williams trade I see. From two months ago. Maybe I'll go update Wiki myself.

(EDIT: Whoops! Wrong second-rounder. Lemme go undo Wiki lol) So my original question stands.

(EDIT x2: Eureka! The Nia Coffey deal. From a YEAR ago. Ok, I'm good. I did the best I could with the Wiki edit.)

~lw3

Randy

PostPosted: 04/15/20 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least the Dream still have a sense of humor.

https://twitter.com/AtlantaDream/status/1250102685132640257

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 19 of 30

Jump to: