Megan Walker
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Someone else
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 26

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/30/20 12:14 pm    ::: Who Should Atlanta Draft at #4? Reply Reply with quote

Now that Chennedy Carter has declared for the Draft, this is a topic that can finally be moved forward and addressed with clarity. There now appears to be a very low chance Atlanta trades this pick; and while there seems to be a consensus on who Atlanta should pick here, we've got time to talk it out if there's any discussion to be had. This poll assumes that Ionescu, Cox, and Sabally will have already been taken with the first three picks; otherwise if one of those players were to inexplicably fall to #4, which is still possible, Atlanta would surely pick that player. And even if more players were to early-declare, none seem to be worthy of being a lottery pick in this Draft.

If you choose "Someone else", don't be afraid to specify who. Smile

Just to be consistent with the other polls I made (since they were made before we even knew the Draft would still be going on), there'll be no end date set for this poll.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/30/20 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know I said there's a low chance of Atlanta trading the #4 in any way, but there is one thing worth putting out there that I think has even been put out there in one form or another on this board on at least one occasion:

How much do both Atlanta and Dallas individually value Carter over Walker? I could honestly see Dallas offering as much as the #5, the #7/#9, and one of their two 2021 first-rounders for the #4. And fwiw, Carter's listed hometown (Mansfield) is even closer to Arlington than Cox's is (Flower Mound).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/30/20 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo you have great points especially about the location as Mansfield is literally 5 minutes from College Park , but i dont see Chennedy and OG working out . They are too much of the same player. If i had a choice of whom id rather have , well i guess ill say OG since she has 1 year under her belt already. Cox & Sabally would be ideal , but i will settle for Cox and Walker anyday.

PostPosted: 03/30/20 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I know I said there's a low chance of Atlanta trading the #4 in any way, but there is one thing worth putting out there that I think has even been put out there in one form or another on this board on at least one occasion:

How much do both Atlanta and Dallas individually value Carter over Walker? I could honestly see Dallas offering as much as the #5, the #7/#9, and one of their two 2021 first-rounders for the #4. And fwiw, Carter's listed hometown (Mansfield) is even closer to Arlington than Cox's is (Flower Mound).

Maybe one day I will run into her at the grocery or something 🤔.....oh yeah, back to your point....why would we give up all that just to get the #4 pick in return?

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 03/30/20 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

The locations they call home are irrelevant, it takes no time to get to the CPC from either burb, just depends on the traffic and which route you choose....not a factor at all!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 03/30/20 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo you have great points especially about the location as Mansfield is literally 5 minutes from College Park , but i dont see Chennedy and OG working out . They are too much of the same player. If i had a choice of whom id rather have , well i guess ill say OG since she has 1 year under her belt already. Cox & Sabally would be ideal , but i will settle for Cox and Walker anyday.

I'm gonna persuade you on Satou one way or the other! If you can show us how to make it to the CPC in 5 minutes, please share 🤔🤔🤔

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/30/20 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Thanks! Yeah, I just wanted to throw it out there. Low probability of it, but if something happens in the first 5 picks, that's what I would envision it looking like.

DfWub2019 wrote:
why would we give up all that just to get the #4 pick in return?

The angle I was coming at was that of value. Not just how valuable the #4 and 5 Picks (presumably Carter and Walker, respectively, which itself is a vital presumption to what I threw out there) are to the aforementioned teams, but also how valuable the rest of this draft's first-rounders and the first rounders of next year's draft are perceived as, since that draft has now been significantly weakened as of right now with the three early entrants for this draft.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/30/20 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean, the need is more there at PG for Atlanta. Even if some don't view Carter as PG material in the W. I think she begins her career as a PG with Atlanta. Maybe she works her way as a combo guard similar to Kristi Toliver?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/30/20 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One team I could see taking an interest in Carter would be Minn

Any chance Minn would try and trade up maybe Shepard and #6 (Harris) for #4? or L. Brown and #6 (Hebard) for #4?

In the scenario there is also a small chance that Walker falls to Atl at #6 if Dallas decides to go with Hebard (or Harris) at #5 as a better fit if they choose Sabally at #2.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 03/30/20 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I mean, the need is more there at PG for Atlanta. Even if some don't view Carter as PG material in the W. I think she begins her career as a PG with Atlanta. Maybe she works her way as a combo guard similar to Kristi Toliver?

There's only one ball and is that going to be enough for Carter, Hayes, and Williams?

Shades

PostPosted: 03/30/20 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
L. Brown and #6 for #4?

Lexie Brown + #6 for #4 would be a done deal for me.

Brown’s home base is ATL too.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/30/20 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
L. Brown and #6 for #4?

Lexie Brown + #6 for #4 would be a done deal for me.

Brown’s home base is ATL too.

it kind of works for both team and L. Brown is still on an upward trajectory

assuming Dallas takes Walker at 5 Atl would get Hebard at 6 or vice versa

Hayes/Montgomery
C. Williams/L. Brown
Stricklen/Walker
GloJo/Billings/Waiver wire (maybe Anigwe?)
K. Brown/E. Will

and one of Cazorla, A. Jones or Dietrick

or

L. Brown/Montgomery/Cazorla or Dietrick
C. Williams/A. Jones
Hayes/Stricklen
GloJo/Billings/Hebard
K. Brown/E. Will

and Minny ends up with

Carter/Banham
(Sims)/KCK/S. Johnson
Collier/Talbot/Zandalsini
Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Fagbenle/Alexander

I am sure others will feel differently but I think Carter/Sims/Collier will be able to do some damage come 2021

as a sidebar I also like the Shepard and #6 Harris for #4 variation of this trade for Atl

Harris/Montgomery
C. Williams/A. Jones/Cazorla or Dietrick
Hayes/Stricklen
GloJo/Billings/Shepard
K. Brown/E. Williams

and the just keep Carter variation for Atl is

Carter/Montgomery
C. Williams/A. Jones/Cazorla or Dietrick
Hayes/Stricklen
GloJo/Billings/Waiver wire maybe Anigwe or pick 17 Herbert-Harrigan or Brewer
K. Brown/E. Will

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/30/20 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just as many of us thought, almost 20 votes in, and Carter is at least on this board the consensus #4. Shoot, one of us could make a Poll about what the Lynx should do with the #6 (Pick Guard A, pick Forward A, pick Guard B, trade down, trade up, etc.). Though maybe before that, a Poll might need to be made about if Walker is indeed the consensus #5. The Draft’s over two weeks out and probably most of us are just sittin’ at home; We’ve got time. Twisted Evil

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 03/30/20 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Thanks! Yeah, I just wanted to throw it out there. Low probability of it, but if something happens in the first 5 picks, that's what I would envision it looking like.

DfWub2019 wrote:
why would we give up all that just to get the #4 pick in return?

The angle I was coming at was that of value. Not just how valuable the #4 and 5 Picks (presumably Carter and Walker, respectively, which itself is a vital presumption to what I threw out there) are to the aforementioned teams, but also how valuable the rest of this draft's first-rounders and the first rounders of next year's draft are perceived as, since that draft has now been significantly weakened as of right now with the three early entrants for this draft.

Oh ok, makes sense now 🤓

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: