RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coronavirus Pandemic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/20 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Lawrence O'Donnell
@Lawrence

What kind of pathological liar lies about his lies to people who have video recordings of the lies he’s lying about and who actually read his previous lies to him word for word as he tries to lie about those lies?

7:06 PM · Mar 29, 2020

A sick one. One that should have been impeached 3-4 months ago. If only the republicans had the decency to do the right thing instead of looking out for their own gain. They are all sick bastards! 👿

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/30/20 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Medical plane reportedly used for coronavirus response in Philippines 'caught fire and exploded,' American among 8 dead

Quote:
An aircraft that's been used as an air ambulance in the Philippines as the country deals with the coronavirus outbreak caught fire while attempting to take off for Japan on Sunday, killing all on board, including an American, according to officials.

The aircraft, a Lion Air plane, was bound from Manila to Haneda Airport in Tokyo with eight people on board when it caught fire at the end of the runway at Manila International Airport.

"There were no survivors," Manila airport general manager Ed Monreal said at a news conference.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/medical-plane-reportedly-used-for-coronavirus-response-in-philippines-caught-fire-and-exploded-american-among-8-dead/ar-BB11SmKb

PostPosted: 03/30/20 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Astrophysicist gets magnets stuck up nose while inventing coronavirus device

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/mar/30/astrophysicist-gets-magnets-stuck-up-nose-while-inventing-coronavirus-device

Quote:
“Every time I brought the pliers close to my nose, my entire nose would shift towards the pliers and then the pliers would stick to the magnet,” he said. “It was a little bit painful at this point.

PostPosted: 03/30/20 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/opinions/coronavirus-personal-protective-equipment-obeidallah/index.html

Concerns about a dwindling supply of PPE are not new. Back on February 7, the World Health Organization sounded alarm bells about "the limited stock of PPE," noting demand was 100 times higher than normal for this equipment.
Yet the same day as the WHO warning, the Trump administration announced that it was transporting to China nearly 17.8 tons (more than 35,000 pounds) of "masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials." As Secretary of State Mike Pompeo noted in the press release announcing this shipment, "These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people."

Yes, and Europe sent 56 tons of equipment to China. Then China sent their Red Cross with 31 tons of equipment and a bunch of doctors and other medical personnel to Italy. When they arrived, they were horrified to find that previous advice they'd supplied had largely been ignored and there was no effective lockdown in place. China sent more medical equipment to Spain, with France to follow. We're on the outside looking in, and it's going to extend to trade agreements post-pandemic.

https://www.dw.com/en/covid-19-china-steps-in-to-help-italy-battle-the-virus/a-52901560

Last edited by FrozenLVFan on 03/30/20 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/30/20 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YjnXjFPjYzk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjnXjFPjYzk

PostPosted: 03/30/20 10:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hospital Ship USNS Comfort Arrives In New York To Ease Coronavirus Pressure

Quote:
The ship will be used to treat patients who do not have the coronavirus disease – but who urgently need other care. Those patients could otherwise face long delays as the city's health infrastructure struggles to cope with a COVID-19 outbreak that has killed 776 people and infected more than 60,000 in New York state.

Similar to the Comfort's mission on the East Coast, the USNS Mercy arrived in Los Angeles on Friday. The ship accepted its first patients on Sunday, receiving referrals from local hospitals, the Pentagon says.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/30/823826987/hospital-ship-usns-comfort-arrives-in-new-york-to-ease-coronavirus-pressure

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/30/20 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's Time to Get Serious About End-of-Life Care for High-Risk Coronavirus Patients

Quote:
Some hospitals are considering a do-not-resuscitate policy for all infected patients. Bioethicists have weighed in on the need for hospitals to create triage committees, a team of nurses and doctors that evaluate COVID-19 cases and remove the burden of rationing care from the individual providers. Given that we know only a minority of elderly people and those living with serious illnesses who are put on ventilators will survive this pandemic to leave the hospital, this is a reality that must be discussed now.

https://time.com/5812073/endof-life-coronavirus/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_term=ideas_covid-19&linkId=85397256

Shades

PostPosted: 03/30/20 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rgpSC__Nxso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/30/20 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And on a different note, the story of what happened to the US plan to stockpile ventilators, largely derailed by big business and outsourcing.

The U.S. Tried to Build a New Fleet of Ventilators. The Mission Failed.

Quote:
Money was budgeted. A federal contract was signed. Work got underway.

And then things suddenly veered off course. A multibillion-dollar maker of medical devices bought the small California company that had been hired to design the new machines. The project ultimately produced zero ventilators.

That failure delayed the development of an affordable ventilator by at least half a decade, depriving hospitals, states and the federal government of the ability to stock up. The federal government started over with another company in 2014, whose ventilator was approved only last year and whose products have not yet been delivered.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/business/coronavirus-us-ventilator-shortage.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/30/20 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/28/trump-coronavirus-politics-us-health-disaster

"When the definitive history of the coronavirus pandemic is written, the date 20 January 2020 is certain to feature prominently. It was on that day that a 35-year-old man in Washington state, recently returned from visiting family in Wuhan in China, became the first person in the US to be diagnosed with the virus."

PostPosted: 03/30/20 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anybody seen Rudy lately?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/30/20 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
And on a different note, the story of what happened to the US plan to stockpile ventilators, largely derailed by big business and outsourcing.

The U.S. Tried to Build a New Fleet of Ventilators. The Mission Failed.

Quote:
Money was budgeted. A federal contract was signed. Work got underway.

And then things suddenly veered off course. A multibillion-dollar maker of medical devices bought the small California company that had been hired to design the new machines. The project ultimately produced zero ventilators.

That failure delayed the development of an affordable ventilator by at least half a decade, depriving hospitals, states and the federal government of the ability to stock up. The federal government started over with another company in 2014, whose ventilator was approved only last year and whose products have not yet been delivered.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/business/coronavirus-us-ventilator-shortage.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

In any other context but an actual deadly pandemic that has destroyed medical systems everywhere it takes hold and crippled the world economy, this article would have been just another mundane Sunday afternoon read before being easily forgotten. Passed off as an oh-so typical example of the kind of SNAFU that bedevils our government’s bureaucratic mechanisms, anyone reading it would have shrugged and tried to find something more interesting to bother themselves to read.

Only now has it been written and exposed. But it’s still just a story of the typical snafus that come up. But one would hope that people could look at it and admit that these many problems that are preventing us from battling the coronavirus today are baked into our systems. That ain’t gonna happen, of course. But it would be encouraging. Kind of would speak to the fact that people can recognize how things actually get fucked up and start laying in their commitment that something needs to be done to prevent these kinds of things from happening again, over and over.

PostPosted: 03/30/20 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

91-year-old with underlying health issues survives coronavirus

Quote:
A 91-year-old New Rochelle woman with underlying health issues is a survivor of the coronavirus.

Olive Quaranta is a former high-kicking Radio City Rockette who has lived with heart issues and also undergoes dialysis three times a week.

She became ill 2 1/2 weeks ago and tested positive for coronavirus.

Her son, Steven Quaranta, says their family was devastated but he credits the medical professionals who helped his mom pull through.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/91-year-old-with-underlying-health-issues-survives-coronavirus/ar-BB11SM5Y

PostPosted: 03/30/20 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
91-year-old with underlying health issues survives coronavirus

Quote:
A 91-year-old New Rochelle woman with underlying health issues is a survivor of the coronavirus.

Olive Quaranta is a former high-kicking Radio City Rockette who has lived with heart issues and also undergoes dialysis three times a week.

She became ill 2 1/2 weeks ago and tested positive for coronavirus.

Her son, Steven Quaranta, says their family was devastated but he credits the medical professionals who helped his mom pull through.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/91-year-old-with-underlying-health-issues-survives-coronavirus/ar-BB11SM5Y

That's amazing! Good for her and her medical staff!

Genero36

PostPosted: 03/30/20 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
That's amazing! Good for her and her medical staff!

A true feel good story. When it’s not your time, it’s just not your time.

PostPosted: 03/30/20 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have no idea who this person, Kat De, is. I'm going to guess that it is Dr. Kathy Deng, Oncology and Hematology. I saw that name on the first graph posted.

Anyway, I was at the page of a doctor that I know and saw the video of the Chinese medical worker putting on PPE. The PPE that they wore in China after they realized what they were dealing with. Not the kind that our medical professionals get to wear.

I went looking for and found Kat De's page. I just spent the last hour readomg posts on that page and scanning the graphs. Just mind blowing stuff!

If you have time, watch the PPE video, look at the graphs and read the post by Dr. Craig Spencer on March 24 at 8:47 am.

https://www.facebook.com/kathydeng

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/30/20 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
There’s not very many good things that will come out of the pandemic, but this has to be one of them... and this is happening all over the world.

I wonder if people will take notice and finally push harder towards an emissions free society.

It’s been beautiful on and off. Near 70 today and quite a few others. Today was righteous. Monday was even better. But it’s been raining for most of the last three weeks. This being LA, however, that trend is going to come to an abrupt end very soon. The temps will get up into the mid-70s. Maybe higher.

I’ve never believed LA was ‘behind’ anywhere in the timeline of exposures to coronavirus. I think somewhere around 30 full planes coming from China were landing every day at LAX in December and January. Holidays are a big tourist time here. Plus the Port of Los Angeles is the busiest shipping destination from China in the country.

We had three days of near 90 degree temperatures back in mid-January. Well, that's at least what I thought when I drafted this post a few days ago. Then I checked.

Here's the daily highs over 70° in LA from New Year's Eve to February 1st.

12/31
75°

1/1
70°

1/2
70°

1/3
76°

1/4
72°

1/5
71°

1/6
79°

1/7
79°

11 days of temps in the mid to high 60s. Then...

1/18
73°

1/19
77°

1/23
76°

1/24
75°

1/25
72°

1/27
73°

1/28
77°

1/29
78°

1/30
76°

83°

2/1
86°

What does that kind of bone dry heat and sunshine do to a nascent coronavirus outbreak in a population of carriers? We don’t really know. But, of course, the jammer has a theory and we are hearing the virus doesn't remain viable in higher temperatures.

And that’s my theory as to why LA escaped being ground zero for coronavirus. I think we were exposed first and to the greatest degree and I think the effects of that exposure were mitigated or stunted from taking hold here by a hot and dry January.

And it’s my hope that as the weather warms up here and around the country the seasonal vulnerabilities of this virus become very apparent and through the smaller numbers and lessened severity of cases our experiences here will signal the end of this shit.

It's 70 in LA right now with even warmer temperatures due for the next ten days.

STATE CASES DEATHS

California 6,346 132
Michigan 5,693 158

Population of Michigan, 10 million
Population of California, 40 million

PostPosted: 03/30/20 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
I have no idea who this person, Kat De, is. I'm going to guess that it is Dr. Kathy Deng, Oncology and Hematology. I saw that name on the first graph posted.

Anyway, I was at the page of a doctor that I know and saw the video of the Chinese medical worker putting on PPE. The PPE that they wore in China after they realized what they were dealing with. Not the kind that our medical professionals get to wear.

I went looking for and found Kat De's page. I just spent the last hour readomg posts on that page and scanning the graphs. Just mind blowing stuff!

If you have time, watch the PPE video, look at the graphs and read the post by Dr. Craig Spencer on March 24 at 8:47 am.

That facebook link doesn't work. Craig Spencer, who is one of the world's preeminent physicians when it comes to managing global diseases and epidemics, is on Twitter and his posts about NYC's ER's are also mind-blowing. Highly recommend following him and the other posts that he links. Besides knowing his stuff and not being afraid to say so, he has the distinction of being an Ebola survivor.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/20 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

That facebook link doesn't work.

Sorry, I don't know why it doesn't work for you, it works for me. Just go to facebook and search for Kat De.

I just realized that her name is in the link!!!!!! I made that way harder on myself than it had to be. Laughing Laughing

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/30/20 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

That facebook link doesn't work.

Sorry, I don't know why it doesn't work for you, it works for me. Just go to facebook and search for Kat De.

I just realized that her name is in the link!!!!!! I made that way harder on myself than it had to be. Laughing Laughing

I've been reading today about the situation in Spain, which is similar to Italy's. Like the US, their healthcare workers have inadequate PPE, and they now have 9400 who are infected, roughly 3x what China experienced with their vastly better hazmat suits and lockdown.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/30/20 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
What does that kind of bone dry heat and sunshine do to a nascent coronavirus outbreak in a population of carriers? We don’t really know. But, of course, the jammer has a theory and we are hearing the virus doesn't remain viable in higher temperatures.

I was going to ask this yesterday after reading your post with the list of things to do and not do. It said that water over 77 degrees F was one of the things that would destroy the molecules. Heat melts the fat layer that surrounds the protein molecule. When the protein is exposed, it degrades.

I was wondering why the heat of our bodies didn't destroy it. Is it the combination of moisture and darkness in our bodies negates the temp factor? I feel like I'm overlooking something here.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/30/20 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

I was going to ask this yesterday after reading your post with the list of things to do and not do. It said that water over 77 degrees F was one of the things that would destroy the molecules. Heat melts the fat layer that surrounds the protein molecule. When the protein is exposed, it degrades.

I was wondering why the heat of our bodies didn't destroy it. Is it the combination of moisture and darkness in our bodies negates the temp factor? I feel like I'm overlooking something here.

I've re-read that sentence several times and have the same question. There are also a lot of typos and grammatical errors in that list. Are we sure it was written by a Hopkins doctor?

After reading it, at least I'm getting a new appreciation for bubble baths. Note to self: Take daily bubble bath followed by a couple of shots of Bacardi 151.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/30/20 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

It probably comes down to the amount of virus a person is exposed to. Which is not something that I’d really considered when it comes to viruses. But hey, I didn’t even know they weren’t living things. Are all viruses not living things?

PostPosted: 03/30/20 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

I've re-read that sentence several times and have the same question. There are also a lot of typos and grammatical errors in that list. Are we sure it was written by a Hopkins doctor?

After reading it, at least I'm getting a new appreciation for bubble baths. Note to self: Take daily bubble bath followed by a couple of shots of Bacardi 151.

Saw the typos and all that. But definite on the source. I got the feeling it was typed up unofficially on the fly maybe even specifically for the person I got it from.

PostPosted: 03/30/20 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the heat theory is yet to be proven. Is it in question as cases rise drastically in Iran & Iraq and now Australia & Brazil are starting to see numbers increase. Yet countries like Mexico, Colombia and most African countries have very few cases.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 44 of 100

Jump to: