RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 03/25/20 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Louisville basketball junior Dana Evans weighing WNBA ambition, NCAA title goals

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/basketball/2020/03/25/louisville-junior-dana-evans-considering-2020-wnba-draft/5077438002/

toad455

PostPosted: 03/25/20 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just find it odd that the league has said nothing regarding the draft. it's three weeks from Friday.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/25/20 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Quote:
Louisville basketball junior Dana Evans weighing WNBA ambition, NCAA title goals

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/basketball/2020/03/25/louisville-junior-dana-evans-considering-2020-wnba-draft/5077438002/

If anyone needs another year

PostPosted: 03/25/20 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Quote:

Maybe she goes #7 to Dallas at best. Though I don't see her entering, especially with the uncertainty of there being a season.

Randy

PostPosted: 03/25/20 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I just find it odd that the league has said nothing regarding the draft. it's three weeks from Friday.

They really don't need to say anything - they can let it go as scheduled. Even if they are considering postponing it, maybe teams want to know who is declaring.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/25/20 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

A lot can happen in three weeks. What were you doing three weeks ago?

The stable genius seems to think everything will be back to normal by Easter.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 03/25/20 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

They really don't need to say anything - they can let it go as scheduled. Even if they are considering postponing it, maybe teams want to know who is declaring.

I think if they plan to do it via teleconference like the NFL plans to do. There's also nothing on their site about draft prospects or anything in regards to the draft. The casual fan looking on there wouldn't find any information. If it is indeed still happening on April 17, it would be nice to find something on the site about it.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/25/20 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
There's also nothing on their site about draft prospects or anything in regards to the draft. The casual fan looking on there wouldn't find any information.

This is part of "proceeding as planned"

PostPosted: 03/25/20 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Quote:

I hope anyone who decides to leave early can have that reversed after the season is canceled.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 03/25/20 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:

I hope anyone who decides to leave early can have that reversed after the season is canceled.

Unlikely. The season would have to be cancelled before the draft, first of all, and then there would be the loopholes to get through with the NCAA. It would also almost certainly be a private, case-by-case legal issue.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/25/20 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
stever wrote:
Quote:

Maybe she goes #7 to Dallas at best. Though I don't see her entering, especially with the uncertainty of there being a season.

Any PG considering coming out early who wouldn't be seen as good enough to be drafted by Atlanta at #4 (or in the lottery in general) shouldn't come out imo. The fact that one team still owns four of the first nine picks means a player's chances of getting drafted to that team and thereby having a more uphill battle to make the roster are much higher than a normal single-digit pick in any other year would have.

And we honestly might not have anyone else enter early if the remaining candidates to do so are still hung up about unexpectedly not being able to compete in the NCAA Tourney. They at least still have the chance to come back next year (when hopefully this public health crisis is finally over - though experts say even that timeframe's not a given).

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/26/20 1:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's insane to come out early this year. It's almost a sure thing the WNBA season will be cancelled, followed by the uncertainty of overseas play due to both the pandemic and the resultant economic upheaval. Then what do these kids do? Hope they can get a GA position when no one knows what will happen with the college season? Stay in school, let someone pay you to get your MPH even if it's online. I wonder who's advising them? SMH.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 03/26/20 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Randy wrote:
As an Indy fan I would love for the Fever to get Sabally. Second, Charles is maybe as good as they could hope, though in the (unlikely) event Alarie is available, I'd roll the dice with her.

Welcome to Dallas/Ft. Worth Satou šŸ¤“šŸ¤“šŸ¤“šŸ˜œ

I would be quite happy with Sabally or Cox. Can't lose with either, IMO.

Id be quite happy with a draft of

Cox
Walker or Sabally
Dangerfield or Cooper
Mompremeir

Besides her blocking ability, I just don't see what Cox brings to the table at the WNBA level that really stands out from what they already have on the roster!

Cox is a young version of Stef Dolson . We dont need her to score alot , just manage the paint & rebound and make great passes.

That's exactly my point...why do we always have to settle for average in Dallas, I'm referring to ALL of our teams, not just the Wings?

Cox is not, nor will she ever be a "game changer" and that's the ONLY thing I want for this team!!! Satou is better in almost every category, not to mention, more exciting to watch play as well! I think the sky is the limit for Satou whereas Cox, if healthy, may have a pretty good career in this league, but it won't be anything special to remember years from now when the conversation of the best to ever lace up in the WNBA, I just don't see what you see in her, not now, not ever!

I want to win multiple championships both now and in the future, and I don't see how Cox brings us any closer to reaching those goals....hopefully I'm wrong if that's whom they choose to go with in the draft, but I seriously doubt it!!!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/26/20 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
There's also nothing on their site about draft prospects or anything in regards to the draft. The casual fan looking on there wouldn't find any information.

This is part of "proceeding as planned"

Laughing Laughing Laughing

root_thing

PostPosted: 03/26/20 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just got an email from the Liberty saying that a virtual draft will be held on April 17. Draft to be Televised on ESPN2 at 8 p.m. ET

PostPosted: 03/26/20 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BOOYAH!

https://www.wnba.com/news/wnba-draft-2020-to-be-held-april-17/
Quote:
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the WNBA will conduct a virtual draft without players, guests, and media. WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert will announce the draft picks live on ESPN2 with coverage beginning at 8 p.m. ET, and top prospects will take part remotely. The draft will also be available on the ESPN App.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/26/20 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/28957549/wnba-hold-virtual-televised-draft-april-17

Quote:
"We have not taken any scenario off the table," Engelbert said. "We've got our regular tip still on the table, we've got 15-, 30-, 60-, 90-day etc. (delay) scenarios on the table. It's our job to think through the scenarios, put down all the pros and cons, and continue the momentum around the WNBA during a time of crisis in the world.

Theyā€™re even considering a 90 day delay instead of cancelling the season. That means Fall Ball. I like it! The WNBA is no longer pandering to international ball. Thatā€™s the way it should be.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/26/20 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/28957549/wnba-hold-virtual-televised-draft-april-17

Quote:
"We have not taken any scenario off the table," Engelbert said. "We've got our regular tip still on the table, we've got 15-, 30-, 60-, 90-day etc. (delay) scenarios on the table. It's our job to think through the scenarios, put down all the pros and cons, and continue the momentum around the WNBA during a time of crisis in the world.

Theyā€™re even considering a 90 day delay instead of cancelling the season. That means Fall Ball. I like it! The WNBA is no longer pandering to international ball. Thatā€™s the way it should be.

I have to believe that any scenario that goes beyond a July 1 starting date would have to feature a shortened season. The sports calendar gets pretty crowded in October.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/26/20 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I have to believe that any scenario that goes beyond a July 1 starting date would have to feature a shortened season. The sports calendar gets pretty crowded in October.

For what it's worth, the CBA says the season has to take place between April 1 and October 31. But that could obviously be ignored if the Players' Association agrees to something different.

PostPosted: 03/26/20 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Quote:

This is exactly the kind of thinking I was hoping Engelbert would display. Use this weird, chaotic, and hopefully once-in-a-lifetime time to make the League stand out. If the W can't start up before other leagues do (which is a total long shot no matter when this pandemic ends), they can still make use of the Draft for some heightened publicity. We the general public are all so sports-starved - there will at least be more viewers than a normal Draft would get this time around.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/26/20 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
BOOYAH!

Quote:
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the WNBA will conduct a virtual draft without players, guests, and media. WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert will announce the draft picks live on ESPN2 with coverage beginning at 8 p.m. ET, and top prospects will take part remotely. The draft will also be available on the ESPN App.

I hope we get more than just an hour of coverage on ESPN2. I mean what else do they have to air?

ClayK

PostPosted: 03/26/20 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
BOOYAH!

Quote:

I hope we get more than just an hour of coverage on ESPN2. I mean what else do they have to air?

Then again, how much can you say about players who have little chance of making an impact? Of course, why not, but a long discussion on the merits of pick 15 wouldn't seem that fascinating.

PostPosted: 03/26/20 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
BOOYAH!

Quote:

Then again, how much can you say about players who have little chance of making an impact? Of course, why not, but a long discussion on the merits of pick 15 wouldn't seem that fascinating.

I mean the second and third rounds were always put on ESPNU and they barely mentioned the picks. Usually a deeper look at the first round and looking ahead to the season.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/26/20 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In regards to the delay in the season, if the N
BA has their playoffs start around the same time the WNBA goes up, the NBA will likely start their next season a bit later. So the WNBA playoffs could go well into late October.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/20 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
BOOYAH!

Quote:

I mean the second and third rounds were always put on ESPNU and they barely mentioned the picks. Usually a deeper look at the first round and looking ahead to the season.

They'll do remote interviews as well as showing highlight clips. It shouldn't be all that different from normal. Just doesn't let the girls have their moment in the spotlight in person.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 42 of 59

Jump to: