RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coronavirus Pandemic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/24/20 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
"you're gonna have thousands of suicide"

THE GUY IS A FUCKING MENTAL CASE.

But his polling numbers have gone up.

Says a lot about US citizens, imo.

Like I said, this is what America voted for and we're getting exactly what we deserve.

PostPosted: 03/24/20 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qMZ-o2nTbX4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMZ-o2nTbX4

PostPosted: 03/24/20 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

An account from a nurse in
Michigan.
================================
I'm a nurse in a hospital. I live in Michigan where cases are exploding and our Governor has put us under lockdown. Today I went into work where at the beginning of my shift, only certain units were taking Covid cases, and by the end of my shift my entire hospital was taking Covid cases. We are completely overrun. Doctors and nurses are testing positive and falling ill and told to come back to work within two days of fever being gone. My coworkers are being pulled to other hospitals that are even worse off. This is unprecedented. We are NOT getting hazard pay.

You guys, this is bad. BAD BAD BAD. I am eating crow as someone who wanted to believe that things could have silver lining here, but several people coded in my ED today. And there were many YOUNG people coding.

This is bad. PLEASE follow the stay at home guidelines to a T. I could have potentially brought this home to my husband tonight. We are keeping our distance from each other for a while just in case, and wiping down everything and wearing masks.

The media is covering up so much. edit: by this I mean not truly relaying just how bad the situation is for healthcare workers and how exposed we are.

PostPosted: 03/24/20 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
An account from a nurse in
Michigan.
================================
I'm a nurse in a hospital. I live in Michigan where cases are exploding and our Governor has put us under lockdown. Today I went into work where at the beginning of my shift, only certain units were taking Covid cases, and by the end of my shift my entire hospital was taking Covid cases. We are completely overrun. Doctors and nurses are testing positive and falling ill and told to come back to work within two days of fever being gone. My coworkers are being pulled to other hospitals that are even worse off. This is unprecedented. We are NOT getting hazard pay.

You guys, this is bad. BAD BAD BAD. I am eating crow as someone who wanted to believe that things could have silver lining here, but several people coded in my ED today. And there were many YOUNG people coding.

This is bad. PLEASE follow the stay at home guidelines to a T. I could have potentially brought this home to my husband tonight. We are keeping our distance from each other for a while just in case, and wiping down everything and wearing masks.

The media is covering up so much. edit: by this I mean not truly relaying just how bad the situation is for healthcare workers and how exposed we are.

There are stories like this all over social media.

Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 03/24/20 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm worried that young people have been lulled into a false sense of security.That, on top of the natural "sense of invulnerability" most young folks feel.

Between March 20-24, there were a total of 69 new cases of COVID-19 in the District. Of those, more than 60% were under the age of 40. And six of those patients were 13 years old or younger.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/dc-coronavirus-cases-increasingly-among-younger-patients-under-40/65-d1cf8cfd-feb8-4d9d-bd67-315cc53ff483?fbclid=IwAR0d4WgDi8assTtrPddZ4t-fMXdwi9rRukqQr9kSHXLkb6qrdq9LvNLJPQ4

When i saw Children's National Hospital was opening a drive thru site for young people ONLY i knew we would finally get more data.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/childrens-national-hospital-opens-first-coronavirus-drive-thru-testing-site-for-kids/2251160/

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/24/20 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:
What restrictions has Trump instituted (other than non-Americans flying in from China and Europe) that he could release? Seems like the restrictions are state and local. Unless the idea is that he would try and override them.

Good point. He came up with a list of "recommendations" such as no gatherings more than 10, not restrictions. He closed the borders. Everything else has been done by state and local authorities with no apparent consistent pattern even within states. I suppose he could order state and local communities to stop their restrictions, but I'm not sure that would stick.

This is a point that few understand, including the media. The federal government does not have police powers, which are reserved to the states under the 10 Amendment. We are a federal republic, a consortium of 50 sovereign states, not a unitary country like most others where the federal goverment is all-controlling.

The president cannot order businesses to shut down, people to stay home, ban groups over a certain size, close beaches, or impose curfews. Only state or local officials can do those things. Nor can the president overturn or open up any of the restrictions imposed by state and local officials. The president can control entry into the country because of his power over immigration.

The other side of this coin is that it's up to each state governor or local officials to decide what to do, or not to do, about this epidemic. The only role of the federal government is to provide recommendations and guidance, money, manpower and available supplies. In addition, the federal goverment can cut regulations that are interfering with local actions, such as nuking the bloated bureaucracy in the elephantine CDC and FDA that initially interfered with effective testing by private industry and laboratories.

The constitutional structure is such that each state must take primary responsibility for management of the problem.
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/25/20 1:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:
What restrictions has Trump instituted (other than non-Americans flying in from China and Europe) that he could release? Seems like the restrictions are state and local. Unless the idea is that he would try and override them.

Good point. He came up with a list of "recommendations" such as no gatherings more than 10, not restrictions. He closed the borders. Everything else has been done by state and local authorities with no apparent consistent pattern even within states. I suppose he could order state and local communities to stop their restrictions, but I'm not sure that would stick.

This is a point that few understand, including the media. The federal government does not have police powers, which are reserved to the states under the 10 Amendment. We are a federal republic, a consortium of 50 sovereign states, not a unitary country like most others where the federal goverment is all-controlling.

The president cannot order businesses to shut down, people to stay home, ban groups over a certain size, close beaches, or impose curfews. Only state or local officials can do those things. Nor can the president overturn or open up any of the restrictions imposed by state and local officials. The president can control entry into the country because of his power over immigration.

The other side of this coin is that it's up to each state governor or local officials to decide what to do, or not to do, about this epidemic. The only role of the federal government is to provide recommendations and guidance, money, manpower and available supplies. In addition, the federal goverment can cut regulations that are interfering with local actions, such as nuking the bloated bureaucracy in the elephantine CDC and FDA that initially interfered with effective testing by private industry and laboratories.

The constitutional structure is such that each state must take primary responsibility for management of the problem.

OMG. Advocating to cut funding for the one agency out there telling the truth in the midst of a crisis? Seriously????????????????????????????

And I remind you that it was Cheeto, in his role as occupant of our white house, who TURNED DOWN test kits. This is criminal!

Don't want to hear about whiny baby companies who had to wait to start profiting off this crisis.

WHY the HELL do people (me) have to wait 4-7 days for results when multiple countries can provide results in 4 HOURS.? Right now I care exactly ZERO about how our awesome system will eventually develop ways to reduce that wait time. Why is this supposedly awesome system doing worse than multiple countries in dealing with this crisis?

I remind you that the US leads the world in the rate of increase in Positive results to the COVfefe virus test. This is documented in multiple places. Hope I don't add to that number in a few days.

~rAf
sambista

PostPosted: 03/25/20 3:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

even with some awareness, we are all still so much in the zone of disbelief.

spain is using ice rinks as morgues.

think about that.

if and when that happens in the u.s., will people be shocked or accept it as just another daily development?

ice rinks. as morgues.

no, really think about that.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/25/20 5:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
"you're gonna have thousands of suicide"

THE GUY IS A FUCKING MENTAL CASE.

But his polling numbers have gone up.

Says a lot about US citizens, imo.

Like I said, this is what America voted for and we're getting exactly what we deserve.

Like you, me and 65.8 million others have said. Laughing

PostPosted: 03/25/20 5:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For those keeping track, were we promised millions of test kits/testing by now?

Trump has told so many outright lies, as usual, that I don't remember.

Also, are there any Trump supporters here willing to walk off into the sunset for the good of the economy, as per the GOP?

PostPosted: 03/25/20 7:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More new symptoms?

Quote:
According to Ohio Department of Health Director Dr. Amy Acton, patients who contract COVID-19 are showing new symptoms previously not associated with the virus.

Acton said some of the data, particularly out of Cuyahoga County, show patients exhibiting gastrointestinal upset, more fatigue, and sometimes not showing a fever, in addition to the previous flu-like symptoms.

https://www.wane.com/news/coronavirus-patients-exhibiting-new-symptoms-ohio-health-director-says/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/25/20 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As New York faces coronavirus 'bullet train,' experts warn of challenges ahead

Quote:
“Because you have such a concentrated population in New York City, the virus can spread very readily,” Schaffner said.

Despite a strong hospital system in the state, “they could easily get swamped and just be stretched beyond what their capacity would be,” he added.

Another concern was “the exhaustion of health care workers. We have a finite number of health care workers,” he said.

Quote:
Even with new supplies coming in, de Blasio warned of shortages especially in terms of ventilators as the crisis could continue in the city for months. The federal government is giving 2,000 ventilators to the city, on top of another 400 that were given, but the city is asking for 15,000.

"That'll just get us to the first week of April," he said during a news conference. "Even with this new supply, it doesn't guarantee we'll get through that first week."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/as-new-york-faces-coronavirus-bullet-train-experts-warn-of-challenges-ahead/ar-BB11Eu8z?li=BBnb7Kz

PostPosted: 03/25/20 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The agreement capped five straight days of intensive negotiations that occasionally descended into partisan warfare as the nation’s economy reeled from the deadly pandemic, with schools and businesses closed, mass layoffs slamming the workforce and tens of thousands falling ill.

The legislation, unprecedented in its size and scope, aims to flood the economy with capital by sending $1,200 checks to many Americans, creating a $367 billion loan program for small businesses and setting up a $500 billion fund for industries, cities and states.

Other provisions include a massive boost to unemployment insurance, $150 billion for state and local stimulus funds, and $130 billion for hospitals. The bill more than doubled in size in just a few days.

McConnell said the Senate would pass the legislation later Wednesday. With the House out of session, action there could take longer, depending on whether lawmakers can agree to pass the bill by “unanimous consent,” which would require agreement from all members of the chamber.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/senate-white-house-reach-dollar2-trillion-stimulus-deal-to-blunt-coronavirus-fallout/ar-BB11Dj7d?li=BBnb7Kz

PostPosted: 03/25/20 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Renters Became Homeless During the Coronavirus Pandemic After Housing Authorities Delayed Paperwork

Quote:
For those who rely on government agencies to help meet their basic needs, the coronavirus has added a layer of danger to the everyday reality of navigating slow-moving bureaucracy that may now be exacerbated by skeletal staff and virus protocols that don’t allow for face-to-face conversations. This is particularly pronounced in New Orleans, a high-poverty city where a quarter of all renters depend on vouchers from its notoriously dysfunctional housing authority.

Last week, days after President Donald Trump had declared a national emergency, ProPublica watched as tenant after tenant scheduled for appointments at HANO was turned away at the door and told that the offices were closed, even as officials insisted it was still open.

https://www.propublica.org/article/renters-become-homeless-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic-after-housing-authorities-delayed-paperwork

PostPosted: 03/25/20 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Nationwide, at least 73 nursing homes and senior care centers have reported infections, according to a Washington Post review published Saturday of reports and announcements from states, local media and nursing homes. At least 55 coronavirus deaths can be linked to such facilities, but the number is likely higher, The Post reported.

Quote:
When Wieder asked to have him tested for COVID-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus, the doctor declined, saying he didn’t meet the criteria.

“She said he was not a candidate,” said Wieder, 50. “She kept asking if he’d been to China.”

By late March 15, doctors had reconsidered. Curren was tested, and then moved over to isolation, where medical staff wore protective garb and masks.

Around 10 p.m. that day, the results were back. Wieder said hospital staff called the health department and the assisted living facility to report the positive test results. But they didn’t call her family.

“Six hours later, he died,” she said. “At that point, they did call me.”

Quote:
Wieder is now tasked with preparing her father’s funeral.

“We’re going to do something very private and very meaningful,” she said.

https://www.propublica.org/article/covid-19-coronavirus-assisted-living-centers-richard-curren-florida

PostPosted: 03/25/20 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amazon warehouse in Shepherdsville, Ky. hit with 3 COVID-19 cases

Quote:
“They won’t be allowed back into the building until they are symptom-free,” Greene said in the employee message.

Amazon is following U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention guidelines in identifying other people with whom the infected may have had contact and notifying them, “if needed,” Greene said in the voicemail.

In a statement not attributed to any individual, Seattle-based Amazon said: "We are supporting the individuals who are now in quarantine and recovering. We are following all guidelines from local officials and are taking extreme measures to ensure the safety of employees at our site. Out of an abundance of caution, and in addition to our enhanced daily deep cleaning, we are temporarily closing the Shepherdsville, KY site for additional sanitization."

Jennifer Bohannon, who works at SDF-9, said she was “appalled and disappointed” to learn that the warehouse is shutting down for only two days.

“The concern is, how many are walking around (the building) now, asymptomatic?” she said, referring to employees who may be spreading the virus without knowing it.

Amazon last week confirmed its first COVID-19 case in its shipping network at a facility in Queens, New York, according to a report by Bloomberg.

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/amazon-warehouse-in-shepherdsville-ky-hit-with-covid--cases/article_fa176a18-6d71-11ea-9c01-33288c402c9b.html

PostPosted: 03/25/20 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why won't Chump invoke the DPA?!

PostPosted: 03/25/20 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NEJM article on fair allocation of medical resources.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMsb2005114?fbclid=IwAR1kA7VMtv-G6ZX1N-xl1yMpqS_bOGosIk9ySNbhCGcUWkj7UNUuL9J-2MQ

Shades

PostPosted: 03/25/20 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 03/25/20 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BREAKING NEWS:

April Fools Day will be postponed until April 12 due to COVID-19.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/25/20 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

brilliant. love the pants.

PostPosted: 03/25/20 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

Yeah. Can anybody here explain the pros and/or cons of that move Question

PostPosted: 03/25/20 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thousands of NYPD officers out sick amid coronavirus crisis

Quote:
About 3,200 cops are out sick Wednesday, Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said — triple the normal rate. That adds up to almost 9 percent of the force.

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/city-hall/story/2020/03/25/thousands-of-nypd-officers-out-sick-amid-coronavirus-crisis-1268960

PostPosted: 03/25/20 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Yeah. Can anybody here explain the pros and/or cons of that move Question

Honestly, I think he doesn't know how.

PostPosted: 03/25/20 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
How is everyone going to use their $1200 Democratic Socialist Check?

Bills? Vacation? Toilet paper?

I’ve got a niece who’s a few years younger than me who’s had two strokes. Married to a guy who lost a foot to diabetes. Living in a trailer I think on about $200 a month. I ain’t getting no government check but if I did I’d send the money to my niece.

mrs jammer would send her money to a sister in Florida but she’s not getting a check either.

Are you sure?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/congress-to-send-taxpayers-1200-checks-in-the-wake-of-coronavirus.html

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 37 of 100

Jump to: