RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

AP Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12719
Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/18/20 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
pilight wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:
No no no. I don't want to be in the top 4. And we really don't deserve to be there!


The pollsters were so impressive by Stanford needing a major choke-job to beat Colorado and Louisville having just recently lost to Flordia State and Syrcause and beating the same team unranked Georgia Tech beat, they just had to have them both jump UConn.


UConn that didn't put South Florida away until the 4th quarter after continuing their theme of getting blown out by every good they play against South Carolina?


Baylor, that led UConn by 1 with 5mins left?


Or Baylor that held UCONN to two points for damn near a whole quarter.


Yeah, but one can't do the plight thing- disparage UConn for taking so long to put away USF then mention the Baylor blowout of UConn in a game that was either team's to win with 5 mins left, right? I mean, if you want to be fair about UConn, like pilight is. Laughing



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 948
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/18/20 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
pilight wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:
No no no. I don't want to be in the top 4. And we really don't deserve to be there!


The pollsters were so impressive by Stanford needing a major choke-job to beat Colorado and Louisville having just recently lost to Flordia State and Syrcause and beating the same team unranked Georgia Tech beat, they just had to have them both jump UConn.


UConn that didn't put South Florida away until the 4th quarter after continuing their theme of getting blown out by every good they play against South Carolina?


Baylor, that led UConn by 1 with 5mins left?


Or Baylor that held UCONN to two points for damn near a whole quarter.


Yeah, but one can't do the plight thing- disparage UConn for taking so long to put away USF then mention the Baylor blowout of UConn in a game that was either team's to win with 5 mins left, right? I mean, if you want to be fair about UConn, like pilight is. Laughing



HEY HEY HEY HEY no need to argue this guys....I think we can all agree that South Carolina beat BOTH Baylor and Connecticut, can't we????



Cool


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 60487
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/18/20 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
I mean, if you want to be fair about UConn, like pilight is. Laughing


Who said anything about fair?



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12719
Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/20 8:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
I mean, if you want to be fair about UConn, like pilight is. Laughing


Who said anything about fair?


um...exactly.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 12719
Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/19/20 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
pilight wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
myrtle wrote:
No no no. I don't want to be in the top 4. And we really don't deserve to be there!


The pollsters were so impressive by Stanford needing a major choke-job to beat Colorado and Louisville having just recently lost to Flordia State and Syrcause and beating the same team unranked Georgia Tech beat, they just had to have them both jump UConn.


UConn that didn't put South Florida away until the 4th quarter after continuing their theme of getting blown out by every good they play against South Carolina?


Baylor, that led UConn by 1 with 5mins left?


Or Baylor that held UCONN to two points for damn near a whole quarter.


Yeah, but one can't do the plight thing- disparage UConn for taking so long to put away USF then mention the Baylor blowout of UConn in a game that was either team's to win with 5 mins left, right? I mean, if you want to be fair about UConn, like pilight is. Laughing



HEY HEY HEY HEY no need to argue this guys....I think we can all agree that South Carolina beat BOTH Baylor and Connecticut, can't we????



Cool



Can't argue those facts! But then again, beating UConn this year, and beating Baylor without Cox, isn't exactly conquering Everest. Wink



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 53892



Back to top
PostPosted: 02/24/20 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings

NCSU up 2 to #8
GONZ up 2 to #11
TAMU up 4 to #12
AZ down 2 to #13
NW up 4 to #14
DEP down 4 to #16
ASU down 3 to #24

ARK falls off Top 25
TCU joins at #25



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
taropatch



Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 703
Location: Kau Rubbish Dump


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/24/20 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Can't argue those facts! But then again, beating UConn this year, and beating Baylor without Cox, isn't exactly conquering Everest. Wink


Maybe, at least, conquering Sassafras Mt. ?

Good to see TCU finally breaking into the top 25. This is a very good team.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 12742
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 02/24/20 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice to see 6 mid-majors in the top 25. Cool



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 53892



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/02/20 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings

MD up 1 to #6
STAN down 3 to #7
NW up 3 to #11
ORST up 3 to #14
TAMU down 3 to #15

ARK back on the chart at #25
DUKE at #26!

TCU drops off



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Hoopsmom



Joined: 05 Apr 2017
Posts: 289



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/02/20 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Dakota up 3 to #17 - Go Yotes!!!


Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 948
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/03/20 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
South Dakota up 3 to #17 - Go Yotes!!!


They've had a very strong season! Very deserving. What are their chances of moving up into the top 16-15 from their conference tournament, and get to host their first 2 NCAAT games at home, as one of the top 16 seeds? That would be great....


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 53892



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings

ORE up 1 to #2
BAY down 1 to #3
MD up 2 to #4
LOU down 2 to #6
NCSU up 2 to #8
UCLA down 2 to #10
DEP up 3 to #15
FSU up 4 to #18
TAMU down 4 to #19



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 03/10/20 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 26483



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/20 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would think Gonzaga losing to a second nobody might bump them down just a wee bit. Rolling Eyes



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 18133
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/20 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I would think Gonzaga losing to a second nobody might bump them down just a wee bit. Rolling Eyes


The poll was released before Gonzaga lost.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/scoreboard/_/date/20200309


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 60487
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/17/20 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/associated-press

South Carolina finishes at #1 for the first time ever



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2840



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/17/20 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/associated-press

South Carolina finishes at #1 for the first time ever


Woo hoo - Marquette finished in others receiving votes Laughing . But I will celebrate that since it was such an unexpectedly good season for them. I'm still quite bummed I won't get to see them play this weekend but I understand the reason...


taropatch



Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 703
Location: Kau Rubbish Dump


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/20 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
pilight wrote:
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/associated-press

South Carolina finishes at #1 for the first time ever


Woo hoo - Marquette finished in others receiving votes Laughing . But I will celebrate that since it was such an unexpectedly good season for them. I'm still quite bummed I won't get to see them play this weekend but I understand the reason...


You have every right to be proud -- #29 in the nation isn't too shabby. Kinda like making it to Round 2 in the NCAA. That's four strong seasons in a row for Marquette. Duffy is a keeper.



_________________
I'm looking out the window, and the trucks won't stop coming (thank you, Sadie)
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5804
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/20 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, JMU did too. #33. Not too shabby, considering we got ignored for things like mid-major POY etc. despite having a definitely viable candidate for that, as well as a player who was close to the top in blocks.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 2840



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/20 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
pilight wrote:
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/associated-press

South Carolina finishes at #1 for the first time ever


Woo hoo - Marquette finished in others receiving votes Laughing . But I will celebrate that since it was such an unexpectedly good season for them. I'm still quite bummed I won't get to see them play this weekend but I understand the reason...


You have every right to be proud -- #29 in the nation isn't too shabby. Kinda like making it to Round 2 in the NCAA. That's four strong seasons in a row for Marquette. Duffy is a keeper.


Yep - just not sure how long Marquette is going to be able to keep Duffy. I'm sure some P5 schools are going to want her soon enough.


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 18133
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/20 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
I mean, if you want to be fair about UConn, like pilight is. Laughing


Who said anything about fair?


Cue Letterkenny's "To be fair..."

<embed><iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BHyeGelTVCs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin