RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

2020 WNBA Roster and Salary Cap Breakdowns

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21988
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 9:01 am    ::: 2020 WNBA Roster and Salary Cap Breakdowns Reply Reply with quote

Broke down where every team stands in relation to the cap, guaranteed salaries, how many players they can keep heading into the regular season, who might get cut etc. Started with the West, East coming soon: https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/2020-wnba-roster-and-salary-cap-breakdowns




_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 333
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 9:10 am    ::: Re: 2020 WNBA Roster and Salary Cap Breakdowns Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Broke down where every team stands in relation to the cap, guaranteed salaries, how many players they can keep heading into the regular season, who might get cut etc. Started with the West, East coming soon: https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/2020-wnba-roster-and-salary-cap-breakdowns



Thanks for showing us love because not too many people on here seem to care about us !!!๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž


Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3556
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 10:02 am    ::: Re: 2020 WNBA Roster and Salary Cap Breakdowns Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Broke down where every team stands in relation to the cap, guaranteed salaries, how many players they can keep heading into the regular season, who might get cut etc. Started with the West, East coming soon: https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/2020-wnba-roster-and-salary-cap-breakdowns


Thanks, Richyyy! Shopping at the Waiver-Mart store will be very interesting this year. Very Happy



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 3223
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is incredibly valuable, Richyyy. Thank you for this great service to WNBA fans.

I want to add this. I've certainly been familiar with the salary situation for WNBA players. But seeing all these names with their 2020 salaries next to them is nevertheless really jarring. So infuriating. So distressing. Of course I have no solutions to offer. But I'd like to live in a country where these great athletes are paid FAR more for all they give basketball fans.



_________________
"Go out and fight so life shouldn't be printed on dollar bills."--Clifford Odets, Awake and Sing (1935)
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 18133
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great information and presentation, Richyyy.

Tremendous information. Great breakdown.


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 6017



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

+1

Clearly provides more insight into the makeup of the teams.


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 9898



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow!! Great work. Can't wait to see the East!



_________________
2019 RebKell Tipping Contest Champion
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21988
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the positive comments, people. There's been a bit of a kerfuffle about this one on Twitter today, so I appreciate that some of you have enjoyed it and/or found it useful and informative. Eastern equivalent coming later this week, hopefully.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 3223
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Thanks for the positive comments, people. There's been a bit of a kerfuffle about this one on Twitter today, so I appreciate that some of you have enjoyed it and/or found it useful and informative. Eastern equivalent coming later this week, hopefully.


I'd like to add something to my previous comment. Was just rereading the first two paragraphs of your Editor's Note. What you've said in those paragraphs is so admirable. I'm a published journalist and have seen (as you surely have) way too many examples of work being ripped off without proper credit being given. We need many more people with the integrity and decency you've shown here. Thank you.



_________________
"Go out and fight so life shouldn't be printed on dollar bills."--Clifford Odets, Awake and Sing (1935)
bluedevilaztecfan5



Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Posts: 214
Location: San Diego, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is awesome! Thanks Richyyy!

Itโ€™s like a step closer to a WNBA trade machine Very Happy


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 20029



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good stuff.
I'm still getting used to the hat, but I think it's working.



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21988
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Good stuff.
I'm still getting used to the hat, but I think it's working.

That picture's changing as soon as I find something better. I just hated the previous one.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 60458
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If this is going to be an ongoing thing, you might have to get a professional head shot



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, โ€˜Ladyfingers, be my wife.โ€™
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 20029



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Good stuff.
I'm still getting used to the hat, but I think it's working.

That picture's changing as soon as I find something better.

Clearly you should go with a cap




_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 8077
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Thanks for the positive comments, people. There's been a bit of a kerfuffle about this one on Twitter today, so I appreciate that some of you have enjoyed it and/or found it useful and informative. Eastern equivalent coming later this week, hopefully.

That was an excellent article. Thank you, Richyyy.

Personally, I felt that was very bad form by Howard to post what he did. I understand the desire to be credited when someone uses your work, but before calling someone out publicly, you should be damn certain they actually used it.

Here he just assumed that his database was used when actually you had independently sourced those numbers. That's something that could've easily been cleared up through private channels had he approached it in that manner.



_________________
โ†‘โ†‘โ†“โ†“โ†โ†’โ†โ†’BA
mavcarter
#NAPT


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 5289
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/09/20 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Personally, I felt that was very bad form by Howard to post what he did. I understand the desire to be credited when someone uses your work, but before calling someone out publicly, you should be damn certain they actually used it.

Here he just assumed that his database was used when actually you had independently sourced those numbers. That's something that could've easily been cleared up through private channels had he approached it in that manner.


Agreed.



_________________
wrote:
Or maybe said poster should quit being a nuisance when people donโ€™t agree?
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9269
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/20 12:26 am    ::: Re: 2020 WNBA Roster and Salary Cap Breakdowns Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Broke down where every team stands in relation to the cap, guaranteed salaries, how many players they can keep heading into the regular season, who might get cut etc. Started with the West, East coming soon: https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/2020-wnba-roster-and-salary-cap-breakdowns



Looking at this tells me 2021 we will be throwing a lot of money at a big name free agent . Ndour as the highest paid player with horrible hill not far behind makes my stomach turn.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21988
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/20 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Personally, I felt that was very bad form by Howard to post what he did. I understand the desire to be credited when someone uses your work, but before calling someone out publicly, you should be damn certain they actually used it.

Here he just assumed that his database was used when actually you had independently sourced those numbers. That's something that could've easily been cleared up through private channels had he approached it in that manner.


Agreed.

Thanks guys. I'm not going to say much more about his response. I don't think I did much wrong, and if I'd put this article up on my own site I'd probably have responded to what he said in a less conciliatory fashion. But at the moment I'm writing for someone else's site, which means what I publish and the relationships it affects can potentially affect a lot of other people. Hence how it was handled (by us - he obviously has his own feelings and approach).

As you say, and as I clarified - my numbers were independently sourced. There are some numbers and details in the article you won't find on HPH pages, even before you get to the analysis of what those numbers mean. I also like to think the presentation is rather clearer (although still not perfect - we'll be working on it for anything similar in future).



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21988
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/20 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remember when I put this out and it didn't seem like the world was on fire quite so much? Anyway, just a note to say the Eastern half is coming on Monday. This week has obviously been a bit nuts (and it's now all with the 'assuming the season actually takes place' caveat).



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21988
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/20 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Part Two is out, for those interested. The Eastern Conference: https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/2020-wnba-roster-and-salary-cap-breakdowns-963




_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 18133
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/17/20 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Part Two is out, for those interested. The Eastern Conference: https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/2020-wnba-roster-and-salary-cap-breakdowns-963


Great work, Richyyy. Very thorough and comprehensive.


Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 3223
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/17/20 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you again, Richyyy. This is such a gift to WNBA fans.



_________________
"Go out and fight so life shouldn't be printed on dollar bills."--Clifford Odets, Awake and Sing (1935)
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin