Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/08/20 2:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
six sense wrote:
Congratulations to Miss Nurse on her game winning shot, think it's going to be a carry over season for her as they open up the offense giving her a bigger role, think she is good for 17 points per this year

What a steal at draft position 10, wasn't it?

Remember how everybody thought for sure that Miller would draft her? Did Miller screw up again? Of course, he still has Hiedeman to show for that draft.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 03/08/20 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
six sense wrote:
Congratulations to Miss Nurse on her game winning shot, think it's going to be a carry over season for her as they open up the offense giving her a bigger role, think she is good for 17 points per this year

What a steal at draft position 10, wasn't it?

Remember how everybody thought for sure that Miller would draft her? Did Miller screw up again? Of course, he still has Hiedeman to show for that draft.

Miller has rarely kept his draft picks. They're either cut or traded. Anigwe got traded to Dallas. In 2018, Lexie Brown was sent to Minnesota after just one season with CON. He still has Brionna Jones from the 2017 draft & of course, he still has Jonquel Jones(#6 pick) from the 2016 draft. But Miller just traded Tuck(#3 pick) to Seattle & Banham(#4 pick) to Minnesota, both were also drafted in 2016. The Sun doesn't have a first-round pick in 2020.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
jmvcity

PostPosted: 03/14/20 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libs re-sign Reshanda Gray

https://highposthoops.com/2020/03/13/liberty-re-ink-reshanda-gray-to-a-training-camp-deal/

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 03/14/20 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How would y’all feel about Charles for the #2 and the #7? You get rid of a contemptuous player and possibly put yourselves in place to get all 3 Oregon players.

I’d pull that trigger if I were either GM. Question is would Charles be any less unhappy in Dallas?

root_thing

PostPosted: 03/14/20 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We don’t know that Charles is unhappy. She has never expressed unhappiness with the Liberty in public. All we have is Megdal’s brief note that the Mercury tried to trade for Tina, and a speculative article by Jackie Powell (Megdal’s colleague) where she tries to read between the lines based on things Tina didn’t say. Nor has anyone heard from Liberty management. For all we know, Charles was only willing to explore the idea of being traded because she has friends/ex-teammates (Griner, DT, Hartley, Vaughn) in Phoenix and the Mercury are a now team. Dallas doesn’t fit that description. I don’t think Charles would be interested in them, and the feeling is probably mutual.

PostPosted: 03/15/20 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
How would y’all feel about Charles for the #2 and the #7? You get rid of a contemptuous player and possibly put yourselves in place to get all 3 Oregon players.

I’d pull that trigger if I were either GM. Question is would Charles be any less unhappy in Dallas?

Pass.

Why give up 2 lottery picks for a steady declining post player. Yeah she’s a former MVP , but Tina is not necessarily unstoppable anymore. Maybe for #7 and #9 .

PostPosted: 03/15/20 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still think Charles does her 1 year core contract in Brooklyn (assuming we can continue with the idea that life eventually gets back to normal) and becomes an UFA next season. (Being an UFA in 2021 does not mean she leaves Brooklyn but she could if she wanted to no strings attached).

I also see why Dallas wouldn't want her if they are in full rebuild and why Charles wouldn't want Dallas for the same exact reason.

But with Carter likely to and Walker declaring does make me want to revisit Atlanta

I still think Atlanta is in win now mode so

with the value of the #4 pick increasing would a

#4 for Charles straight up be something both teams would consider?

(Which probably plays out as Walker for Charles. In this scenario I am not thinking about what Walker is in 2020 but rather what she could be in 2022 with the rest of the young Liberty).

Randy

PostPosted: 03/15/20 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope not J-Spoon, though the Dream always have been pretty short-sighted. Then again, letting Angel go might show they are recognizing a need to rebuild.

I would suggest the E Will for Charles +2rp (or Cazorla.) Or maybe Hayes+Cazorla for Charles+Boyd.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/15/20 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I hope not J-Spoon, though the Dream always have been pretty short-sighted. Then again, letting Angel go might show they are recognizing a need to rebuild.

I would suggest the E Will for Charles +2rp (or Cazorla.) Or maybe Hayes+Cazorla for Charles+Boyd.

I think if NY is rebuilding it would be the #4 or nothing

I am not sure Atl is doing a typical rebuild by adding GloJo, Stricklen and C. Williams.

this starting line up for the Dream could be decent

Hayes, Williams, GloJo, Charles, Brown
rotational bench Montgomery, Stricklen, Billings, E. Will

it isn't a bad team

again I support the idea of the Liberty rolling with Charles but 4 for Charles seems like the trade I could see happening

Randy

PostPosted: 03/15/20 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Tina would make more sense in Chicago - she might really be able to lift that team up from a 20 game winner to something special with the right trade. Perhaps you could give that some thought. Even though Atlanta is going to be better, I don't see them winning anywhere near 20 games with Tina.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/15/20 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes but I have been fixated on Atl

Chi isn't going to do anything like Deshields for Charles so it leaves us with say Copper and #8 or one of either 2021 1st round picks (Their own or PX's) or Gabby and #8 or either 2021 1st round pick if Copper can't be traded. So lets say Williams and the #8 pick (for one of the posts that are left at 8 Mompremier, Holmes, Alarie, Gillespie, Hebard if she falls past Minny and Dallas at 6 and 7.)

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 03/15/20 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will continue to say what I've said for quite a while: I believe Tina Charles will be on the Liberty for the 2020 season (if indeed there is a 2020 WNBA season). In my view, if a trade was going to happen it already would have.

PostPosted: 03/15/20 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
I will continue to say what I've said for quite a while: I believe Tina Charles will be on the Liberty for the 2020 season (if indeed there is a 2020 WNBA season). In my view, if a trade was going to happen it already would have.

CO-SIGN

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/15/20 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Yes but I have been fixated on Atl

Chi isn't going to do anything like Deshields for Charles so it leaves us with say Copper and #8 or one of either 2021 1st round picks (Their own or PX's) or Gabby and #8 or either 2021 1st round pick if Copper can't be traded. So lets say Williams and the #8 pick (for one of the posts that are left at 8 Mompremier, Holmes, Alarie, Gillespie, Hebard if she falls past Minny and Dallas at 6 and 7.)

I get into it more in the article that's coming out tomorrow, but bear in mind that Chicago doesn't really have the cap space to do anything. So unless Charles is willing to take less than the max, there better be two vets going back the other way in a deal like that.

PostPosted: 03/15/20 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chip wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

CO-SIGN

Likewise I continue,to hope #4 plays in College Park this season for the Dream.

Last edited by Randy on 03/15/20 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/16/20 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so while I realize this is pretty futile at the moment I have time to kill so what the heck

based on my most recent mock draft I have this as the team in 2020

Ionescu #1/Clarendon/Boyd
Durr/Johannes (flip flop as you please)
Nurse/Allen
Charles (finger crossed)/Gray/Holmes #13 (feel free to flip flop with Allen as 3/4s)
Zahui B/Stokes

Han Xu returns in 2021, maybe with Liberty 2020 3rd round pick back up PG Yuan Li in tow.

Just fooling around to pass the time

Chip

PostPosted: 03/16/20 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
so while I realize this is pretty futile at the moment I have time to kill so what the heck

based on my most recent mock draft I have this as the team in 2020

Ionescu #1/Clarendon/Boyd
Durr/Johannes (flip flop as you please)
Nurse/Allen
Charles (finger crossed)/Gray/Holmes #13 (feel free to flip flop with Allen as 3/4s)
Zahui B/Stokes

Han Xu returns in 2021, maybe with Liberty 2020 3rd round pick back up PG Yuan Li in tow.

Just fooling around to pass the time

six sense

PostPosted: 03/21/20 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to Rebecca Allen on her MVP award way to go, I am looking forward to up coming season with the youth growing and taken that next step

PostPosted: 03/24/20 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
No athlete will come back with more of a vengeance than Sabrina Ionescu

https://957thegame.radio.com/articles/opinion/you-wouldnt-want-to-mess-with-sabrina-ionescu-right-now

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 03/24/20 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Quote:
No athlete will come back with more of a vengeance than Sabrina Ionescu

https://957thegame.radio.com/articles/opinion/you-wouldnt-want-to-mess-with-sabrina-ionescu-right-now

Great piece. Thanks for posting this. I hope I'll get to see Sabrina Ionescu play for the Liberty sometime in 2020, but I feel the WNBA season is up in the air.

PostPosted: 03/24/20 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, everybody; haven't been to Rebkell since the season ended; the NFL season transcends all (but I find the WNBA is #2 on my priority list now). I won my NFL fantasy league! Smile

I'm of course glad Katie Smith got fired, but given the postponements, I no longer think that keeping her around as long as they did was harmful. Whenever it gets going again, it will be a clean slate in so many ways.

It's great that we won the lottery, especially at a time when there is a player coming out who is as well regarded as Ionescu. I've only seen her play one game (semi-finals, last year), so I'm taking everybody's word that she's a generational point guard and being as psyched as anything to watch a great passer on our team. She certainly demonstrated her ability to deal the ball from all angles in that game I watched.

Congratulations to Rebecca Allen on the (Polish?) MVP! Overseas performance doesn't always translate back in the W, but more consistency from Rebecca would be extremely valuable to the Liberty.

Cancel the 2021 Olympics--I want a full 2021 WNBA season! Smile

I hope that all of you are healthy and safe right now. Let's hope that the league (and everything else) gets back on track swiftly and safely.

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 03/28/20 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey y’all...last season Tina Charles re-signed with the Libs around May 3rd, 2019.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.netsdaily.com/platform/amp/2019/5/8/18536649/tina-charles-wants-to-know-if-liberty-are-headed-to-brooklyn-before-she-signs

I don’t think there was a Liberty site or WNBA site article reflecting this, if I remember correctly, she kinda just showed up on the training camp roster article.

Draft is 3 weeks away. Do y’all think we are in for another long wait to see if she re-signs for 2020? Especially with the season potentially being cancelled or postponed with the COVID-19 pandemic.

I had forgotten it was so close to the season when she re-signed for 2019 Crying or Very sad

root_thing

PostPosted: 03/28/20 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As I recall, Tina signed her contract on Friday, took her physical on Saturday, and started training camp on Sunday. More surprisingly is that Asia Durr did the same thing. So yeah, the handwringing about players signing late is usually unnecessary.

PostPosted: 03/28/20 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Considering the season is all but guaranteed to be delayed, I wonder how long until we know if 1.) Charles opts to play this season & 2.) if she plays in a Liberty uniform.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
NYSports56

PostPosted: 03/28/20 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

James Dolan Tests Positive for Coronavirus:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/knicks-owner-james-dolan-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-in-self-isolation-with-little-to-no-symptoms/?fbclid=IwAR3t4vLe5-dXpXXS7evbYuiX50Be5pWtHmlV55a7Res64B2zheBb85KtiJE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 45 of 111

Jump to: