I miss maya’s presence in this league.

X________

willtalk

PostPosted: 03/11/20 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="TigerVol"]
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
She's currently still saying she's going to take this year off. Feinberg had the story after yesterday's announcement: https://apnews.com/88f987d5df39d130b3e6859a23d17535

Getting a result like this might make it more likely that she comes back at some point. On the other hand, maybe she's encouraged by the difference she can make in this area and starts working on other cases instead. I'm still not convinced we'll ever see her on a pro basketball court again.

Does she say "mission accomplished" and come back to basketball? Or does she find the rush of winning the case replaces what she found in winning basketball championships and gold medals? My guess now is she moves on from basketball (not a high conviction guess though).

Do you think she’s going to turn into Kim Kardashian, except without the hip-hop mogul to help finance her whims? Maya is still young enough to play, and during that video at the UConn event, she said she isn’t retired from basketball. She can always turn into a lawyer/advocate when her playing days are done. Not sure why she couldn’t do both now if she stopped playing overseas.

When Maya was playing she was 100% dedicated - to the self admitted exclusion of many other things in her life outside of her faith.

I'm not sure Maya can do anything half way.

It takes a strong drive and passion to play the way she played and to do what she just did.

I think the question will be whether basketball can still ignite the passion to commit and be the best player she can be.[/quote] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WILLTALK writes Yes! that is the key factor in any players coming back and reverting to their previous level of play. She has to overcome rust and that takes extra effort. What is essential is a renewed passion. I don't think even she would know it that will be there at this point in time. She will not really know until it is or isn't.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: