RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 WNBA Roster and Salary Cap Breakdowns

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/09/20 9:01 am    ::: 2020 WNBA Roster and Salary Cap Breakdowns Reply Reply with quote

Broke down where every team stands in relation to the cap, guaranteed salaries, how many players they can keep heading into the regular season, who might get cut etc. Started with the West, East coming soon: https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/2020-wnba-roster-and-salary-cap-breakdowns

PostPosted: 03/09/20 9:10 am    ::: Re: 2020 WNBA Roster and Salary Cap Breakdowns Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Broke down where every team stands in relation to the cap, guaranteed salaries, how many players they can keep heading into the regular season, who might get cut etc. Started with the West, East coming soon: https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/2020-wnba-roster-and-salary-cap-breakdowns

Thanks for showing us love because not too many people on here seem to care about us !!!😎😎😎

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/09/20 10:02 am    ::: Re: 2020 WNBA Roster and Salary Cap Breakdowns Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Thanks, Richyyy! Shopping at the Waiver-Mart store will be very interesting this year. Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/09/20 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is incredibly valuable, Richyyy. Thank you for this great service to WNBA fans.

I want to add this. I've certainly been familiar with the salary situation for WNBA players. But seeing all these names with their 2020 salaries next to them is nevertheless really jarring. So infuriating. So distressing. Of course I have no solutions to offer. But I'd like to live in a country where these great athletes are paid FAR more for all they give basketball fans.

PostPosted: 03/09/20 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great information and presentation, Richyyy.

Tremendous information. Great breakdown.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/09/20 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

+1

Clearly provides more insight into the makeup of the teams.

Randy

PostPosted: 03/09/20 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow!! Great work. Can't wait to see the East!

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/09/20 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the positive comments, people. There's been a bit of a kerfuffle about this one on Twitter today, so I appreciate that some of you have enjoyed it and/or found it useful and informative. Eastern equivalent coming later this week, hopefully.

PostPosted: 03/09/20 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Thanks for the positive comments, people. There's been a bit of a kerfuffle about this one on Twitter today, so I appreciate that some of you have enjoyed it and/or found it useful and informative. Eastern equivalent coming later this week, hopefully.

I'd like to add something to my previous comment. Was just rereading the first two paragraphs of your Editor's Note. What you've said in those paragraphs is so admirable. I'm a published journalist and have seen (as you surely have) way too many examples of work being ripped off without proper credit being given. We need many more people with the integrity and decency you've shown here. Thank you.

PostPosted: 03/09/20 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is awesome! Thanks Richyyy!

It’s like a step closer to a WNBA trade machine Very Happy

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/09/20 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good stuff.
I'm still getting used to the hat, but I think it's working.

PostPosted: 03/09/20 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Good stuff.

That picture's changing as soon as I find something better. I just hated the previous one.

PostPosted: 03/09/20 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If this is going to be an ongoing thing, you might have to get a professional head shot

#NATC

PostPosted: 03/09/20 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Good stuff.

That picture's changing as soon as I find something better.

Clearly you should go with a cap

PostPosted: 03/09/20 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

That was an excellent article. Thank you, Richyyy.

Personally, I felt that was very bad form by Howard to post what he did. I understand the desire to be credited when someone uses your work, but before calling someone out publicly, you should be damn certain they actually used it.

Here he just assumed that his database was used when actually you had independently sourced those numbers. That's something that could've easily been cleared up through private channels had he approached it in that manner.

PostPosted: 03/09/20 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Personally, I felt that was very bad form by Howard to post what he did. I understand the desire to be credited when someone uses your work, but before calling someone out publicly, you should be damn certain they actually used it.

Here he just assumed that his database was used when actually you had independently sourced those numbers. That's something that could've easily been cleared up through private channels had he approached it in that manner.

Agreed.

PostPosted: 03/10/20 12:26 am    ::: Re: 2020 WNBA Roster and Salary Cap Breakdowns Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Looking at this tells me 2021 we will be throwing a lot of money at a big name free agent . Ndour as the highest paid player with horrible hill not far behind makes my stomach turn.

PostPosted: 03/10/20 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Agreed.

Thanks guys. I'm not going to say much more about his response. I don't think I did much wrong, and if I'd put this article up on my own site I'd probably have responded to what he said in a less conciliatory fashion. But at the moment I'm writing for someone else's site, which means what I publish and the relationships it affects can potentially affect a lot of other people. Hence how it was handled (by us - he obviously has his own feelings and approach).

As you say, and as I clarified - my numbers were independently sourced. There are some numbers and details in the article you won't find on HPH pages, even before you get to the analysis of what those numbers mean. I also like to think the presentation is rather clearer (although still not perfect - we'll be working on it for anything similar in future).

PostPosted: 03/13/20 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remember when I put this out and it didn't seem like the world was on fire quite so much? Anyway, just a note to say the Eastern half is coming on Monday. This week has obviously been a bit nuts (and it's now all with the 'assuming the season actually takes place' caveat).

PostPosted: 03/16/20 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Part Two is out, for those interested. The Eastern Conference: https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/2020-wnba-roster-and-salary-cap-breakdowns-963

PostPosted: 03/17/20 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Part Two is out, for those interested. The Eastern Conference: https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/2020-wnba-roster-and-salary-cap-breakdowns-963

Great work, Richyyy. Very thorough and comprehensive.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 03/17/20 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you again, Richyyy. This is such a gift to WNBA fans.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: