RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Start of Free Agency for 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 03/04/20 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:

I am by no means addressing this comment to you specifically, however, I do find it interesting to hear this when it happens to Minnesota, but when it's Dallas, EVERYBODY rips the organization a new one and instantly sides with whichever player it is who happens to be butt hurt over some shit or in their damn feelings about not getting their ass kissed at any given moment and demands a trade!

Oh well, maybe it's just me

I think it is just you: who, besides hardcore Minnesota lifers, is siding with the Lynx organization?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 03/04/20 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

I am by no means addressing this comment to you specifically, however, I do find it interesting to hear this when it happens to Minnesota, but when it's Dallas, EVERYBODY rips the organization a new one and instantly sides with whichever player it is who happens to be butt hurt over some shit or in their damn feelings about not getting their ass kissed at any given moment and demands a trade!

Oh well, maybe it's just me

I think it is just you: who, besides hardcore Minnesota lifers, is siding with the Lynx organization?

😆

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/05/20 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
That's a weird one. Was she expecting them to wine and dine her or something? Did they offer more money than LA but still sub-max and she took that as an insult? She was a free agent who's been with the franchise for 14 years. They were offering her more money than her play is probably worth at this point. And she's certainly aware of what kind of person Cheryl Reeve is by now and seems to have got along fine with it for a decade.

By all means make your own decisions and go to LA if that's what you want, but that's a strange parting shot.

Oh well, maybe it's just me😒

No it’s not you DFDub we get the Connecticut Sun treatment since cabbage spoiled our organization with her ridiculous claims then preggo my ego decided to pull the mom card as if we were not sensitive enough to her needs ..#GirlBye Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/05/20 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
No it’s not you DFDub we get the Connecticut Sun treatment since cabbage spoiled our organization with her ridiculous claims then preggo my eggo decided to pull the mom card as if we were not sensitive enough to her needs ..#GirlBye Rolling Eyes

"Preggo my eggo" omg

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Never change, 09. Very Happy

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/05/20 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
No it’s not you DFDub we get the Connecticut Sun treatment since cabbage spoiled our organization with her ridiculous claims then preggo my eggo decided to pull the mom card as if we were not sensitive enough to her needs ..#GirlBye Rolling Eyes

"Preggo my eggo" omg

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Never change, 09. Very Happy

I’m a WFFL Cool

PostPosted: 03/05/20 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
That's a weird one. Was she expecting them to wine and dine her or something? Did they offer more money than LA but still sub-max and she took that as an insult? She was a free agent who's been with the franchise for 14 years. They were offering her more money than her play is probably worth at this point. And she's certainly aware of what kind of person Cheryl Reeve is by now and seems to have got along fine with it for a decade.

By all means make your own decisions and go to LA if that's what you want, but that's a strange parting shot.

Oh well, maybe it's just me😒

No it’s not you DFDub we get the Connecticut Sun treatment since cabbage spoiled our organization with her ridiculous claims then preggo my ego decided to pull the mom card as if we were not sensitive enough to her needs ..#GirlBye Rolling Eyes

Your one liners be killing me 😂😂😂

ClayK

PostPosted: 03/05/20 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm on the side of the Lynx, for what it's worth.

She's an aging player who's still average or slightly above, but you can find young average or slightly above average players who have a chance to improve and give you more value down the road.

Don't know how it was handled, or who said what to whom, but letting Augustus go seems to me to be the best decision for the Lynx, if not necessarily for Augustus.

PostPosted: 03/05/20 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

She's an aging player who's still average or slightly above, but you can find young average or slightly above average players who have a chance to improve and give you more value down the road.

Don't know how it was handled, or who said what to whom, but letting Augustus go seems to me to be the best decision for the Lynx, if not necessarily for Augustus.

Based on last season she was way below average, almost the worst player on the Lynx roster if you look at Advanced Stats. From the little I saw, she's not looking any better with Team Bird and Taurasi.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/23/20 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brittany Boyd has cleared waivers per the .com's transactions page and is officially a free agent.

I don't think I've seen the .com's transactions page historically list a waived player having cleared waivers, but I could be wrong.

(Yes, this has been moved back, even though we're clearly not at the "Start" of Free Agency anymore. Rolling Eyes So it goes, I suppose...)

Former Fever players Erica McCall and Paris Kea have also cleared waivers and are officially free agents.

Last edited by Stormeo on 04/25/20 5:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/23/20 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

I would have loved to see her as a back-up in Indiana. I can't think of anyone I would rather mentor players like Vivians and Mitchell.

Surely not how Augustus would want to spend her last year in the league, but I can dream ...

Shades

PostPosted: 04/23/20 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is the real free agency thread. The giveaway is the 25 pages. That other thread got off to such a rocky start with all the bad information that it drifted off into never never land. Should’ve never been heard from again... but no.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 04/25/20 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

here's some transactions. Mostly rookie contract signings. Also, .com never listed players as having cleared waivers before. Maybe the intern is actually get paid something now?

April 25, 2020
Chicago Sky: Kiah Gillespie – Rookie Contract Signed
Seattle Storm: Kitija Laksa – Rookie Contract Signed
New York Liberty: Jocelyn Willoughby – Rookie Contract Signed

So what kind of contract did she sign? Is it in her contract that she can't come over until 2021?

April 24, 2020
Dallas Wings: Tyasha Harris – Rookie Contract Signed
Dallas Wings: Kaela Davis – Waived
Chicago Sky: Japreece Dean – Rookie Contract Signed
Connecticut Sun: Juicy Landrum – Rookie Contract Signed
New York Liberty: Kylee Shook – Rookie Contract Signed
Indiana Fever: Erica McCall – Cleared Waivers
Indiana Fever: Paris Kea – Cleared Waivers

April 23, 2020
Atlanta Dream: Chennedy Carter – Rookie Contract Signed
New York Liberty: Brittany Boyd – Cleared Waivers
Connecticut Sun: Kaila Charles – Rookie Contract Signed
New York Liberty: Leaonna Odom – Rookie Contract Signed

April 22, 2020
New York Liberty: Jazmine Jones – Rookie Contract Signed
New York Liberty: Megan Walker – Rookie Contract Signed
Las Vegas Aces: Liz Cambage – Contract Signed
Minnesota Lynx: Crystal Dangerfield – Rookie Contract Signed
Washington Mystics: Jaylyn Agnew – Rookie Contract Signed
Washington Mystics: Sug Sutton – Rookie Contract Signed
Indiana Fever: Erica McCall – Waived
Indiana Fever: Paris Kea – Waived
Seattle Storm: Joyner Holmes – Rookie Contract Signed
Seattle Storm: Haley Gorecki – Rookie Contract Signed

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 04/25/20 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

My interpretation would be it looks like she’s interested in coming over. If she ends up not making it over by her own volition (SEA can’t tell her not to come), then she gets suspended. But the time on her rookie contract keeps on running.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/25/20 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Same thing virtually all the international players do these days - sign the contract immediately, start the clock on ticking the years off. Doesn't remotely have to mean she's heading to the US.

PostPosted: 04/25/20 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

My interpretation would be it looks like she’s interested in coming over. If she ends up not making it over by her own volition (SEA can’t tell her not to come), then she gets suspended. But the time on her rookie contract keeps on running.

Magbegor did the same thing exactly one year ago, if you don't recall. Wink

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/26/20 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kaela Davis has cleared waivers
Same for Valeriane Ayayi
Same for Tayler Hill
Same for Raisa Musina

Shades

PostPosted: 07/30/20 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/29561303/waived-atlanta-dream-erica-mccall-stay-wnba-bubble-free-agent

Quote:
Erica McCall was waived by the Atlanta Dream on Wednesday, but she'll be allowed to stay in the WNBA's bubble in Bradenton, Florida, for the time being in case another team wants to sign her. Guard Alex Bentley, who was waived July 22 by the Las Vegas Aces, is also still in the bubble at IMG Academy for the same reason. The WNBA is paying for their living expenses and COVID-19 testing while they remain in the bubble.

The Dream waived McCall to activate fellow forward Glory Johnson, who tested positive for COVID-19 when she arrived at IMG Academy in early July and then went into off-site quarantine.

So I guess Bentley isn’t hurt or maybe not too badly hurt?

toad455

PostPosted: 07/30/20 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCall was claimed off of waivers by Minnesota today.
Bentley is reportely dealing with injuries, but if she's near 100% soon, someone may sign her.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25

Jump to: