RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Cavender Twins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 02/25/20 7:53 pm    ::: The Cavender Twins Reply Reply with quote

Haley and Hanna Cavender, a pair of 5-6 FRESHMAN guards who have started all but 1 game as the backcourt for the 23-5 (16-1) Fresno State Bulldogs. Haley is averaging 15.9 points, 7.4 rebounds (!!!), 3.6 assists and 1.4 steals while Hanna is putting up 15.6, 2.3, 3.9 and 1.8.

Very impressive, especially considering Boise was the heavy favorite to win the Mountain West. If they’re career is as promising as this season, they’re already well on their way to being the schools Top 2 career scorers. That would be pretty remarkable.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/26/20 1:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've watched quite a few Fresno State games. They are very dynamic and also have some Freshman tendencies. Neither have seen a shot they don't like, so yes, they get a lot of points, but also take a lot of shots to get there, some of them cringe worthy. I was surprised to see how good their A/TO is since in watching, it feels like they turn it over a lot. Anyway, they clearly made this team a lot better...and they will be a year more settled next year when the whole starting lineup will be back, so expect them to make noise in the Mountain West again.

It seems a lot of Freshman, all across the country, are making impacts this year. Kind of exciting to see it for our game as a whole.

- Amanda Gorman
calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/29/20 1:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am looking forward to seeing the twins, as well as the entire Fresno St team, in Las Vegas next week. Why the Mountain West has chosen to start their tournament this Sunday I don't really understand, but I expect to see a Fresno-Boise final. That will be a good lead in to the Pac 12 tourney.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: