Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 02/24/20 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
toad455 wrote:
The Prince signing is a bit odd, but I'd assume she got only the vet minimum. Maybe Bird is signing for slightly less than the max? Does seem like they'll play Tuck at SF now or Stewart at SF in spurts.

If we're to believe anything in the article that Craigmont posted here a couple weeks ago, Tuck will be used more so as a SF. It would make sense since KML is now gone and it appears (for now) that Langhorne's sticking around.

I'd lean towards the Storm drafting a post with their pick. Maybe Mompremier drops to them?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/24/20 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if they're still planning on Magbegor showing up this year. If so, that #11 pick may well struggle to make the roster.

PostPosted: 02/24/20 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I wonder if they're still planning on Magbegor showing up this year. If so, that #11 pick may well struggle to make the roster.

At this point, just let her sit until 2021. They can let Langhorne go elsewhere next season and bring her in.

Luuuc

PostPosted: 02/24/20 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It sounds like Magbegor is planning to play this season:

Quote:
A first-round selection in last year’s Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA) draft in America, Magbegor, who lives in Craigieburn, will head to the US in April to join the Seattle Storm and fulfil another childhood dream, playing in the world’s No.1 women’s league.
---
“Last year was a big year and hopefully 2020 is even bigger,” Magbegor says.
“We’ve just qualified for Tokyo, which was an incredible experience. There’s WNBA, then the Olympics and I turn 21 in August. I can’t stop smiling.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/melbourne/move-over-lauren-jackson-and-liz-cambage-eziyoda-magbegor-is-the-new-kid-on-the-basketball-court/news-story/1cd18e54fe0a10590e0711ee8117ea27?utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_source=HeraldSun&utm_content=SocialFlow

PostPosted: 02/24/20 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

At this point, just let her sit until 2021. They can let Langhorne go elsewhere next season and bring her in.

If she’s willing and able to play, it’s not up to the team to “let her sit”. They either have to sign her or release her rights.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/24/20 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Magbegor's indeed with us the whole year, I'd love to trade Langhorne. Even though her salary's non-guaranteed, I just don't think we'd flat-out cut her. It wouldn't matter to me either way. No matter how it goes, I mainly want to see us carry both this year and last year's first-rounder on the roster - they wouldn't be getting many minutes anyways. Unless somebody's taking the season off, I hope Prince has to compete to get a roster spot and Langhorne has to compete to keep hers (though Tuck won't have to worry about that, now will she Confused ).

Processing the KML trade, I'm a little emo. We originally traded a package to get a package that was highlighted by the 3rd overall pick from Connecticut back in 2015. Now, just five years later, we send her back to that same team... for just a second-round pick. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes As kids these days say: It be like that sometimes!

Last edited by Stormeo on 02/24/20 8:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
toad455

PostPosted: 02/24/20 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
If Magbegor's indeed with us the whole year, I'd love to trade Langhorne. Even though her salary's non-guaranteed, I just don't think we'd flat-out cut her. It wouldn't matter to me either way. No matter how it goes, I mainly want to see us carry both this year and last year's first-rounder on the roster - they wouldn't be getting many minutes anyways. Unless somebody's taking the season off, I hope Prince has to compete to get a roster spot and Langhorne has to compete to keep hers (though Tuck won't have to worry about that, now will she Confused ).

Phoenix might be able to use her. Or Connecticut.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/25/20 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FYI, Prince's contract isn't guaranteed, so she's cuttable. So they could keep Magbegor and their first round pick if they choose.

Speebs56

PostPosted: 02/25/20 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bird re-signs with Storm.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/27/20 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:
I cannot wait for the draft. I’m probably going to get off work early to watch.
With the uncertainty of Tina this offseason, Sabrina Ionescu coming to NY has me super excited and I already want to order a jersey!

I’m hoping to visit NY in September to catch the Storm game (and some US Open Cool ). It will be so much fun to watch her live.

Come to think of it, it’ll be interesting when Ionescu & New York plays here in Seattle. Lots of Oregon fans & possibly her Bay Area family will make the trip north to see her, I’m sure. Hey, if we somehow draft Minyon Moore at #11 (which would be a weird pick but not egregiously so imo), or have any other Oregon player on the roster, we could have a Ducks Day like we have a Huskies Day when Plum & the Aces come to town and Whitcomb’s still on our roster. It’s good marketing imo!

On the other side of the coin, if we pick Pivec at #11 and the Oregon State fans travel particularly to see her & Ionescu possibly square off... that could make for an interesting Liberty @ Storm arena experience. Shocked Laughing

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 02/27/20 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If we have a Duck Day this season, it better be in Everett.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: