RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Chief Law Enforcement Officer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 02/18/20 9:54 pm    ::: The Chief Law Enforcement Officer Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="1046" height="588" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wjMOs1jHXJw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjMOs1jHXJw

PostPosted: 02/18/20 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="1046" height="588" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7AUTki-5zuQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AUTki-5zuQ

PostPosted: 02/18/20 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="1046" height="588" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tqyhqvs4-0o" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqyhqvs4-0o

PostPosted: 02/19/20 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Executive Vesting Clause of the Constitution (Article II, Section 1, Clause 1, Sentence 1) provides: "The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America."

This means that one person, the President, from Washington to Trump, has always been the chief officer of every part of the Executive branch of the federal government -- including the military and all cabinet departments such as DOJ. There is nothing at all controversial about this.

People should be at least superficially familiar with the Unitary Executive structure of the Constitution as a matter of basic civics. While there have been some disagreements throughout history as to how much Congress can restrict Article II unitary executive Power, if at all, there is no disagreement that the President is the ultimate constitutional head of all executive branch departments.

Not sure I understand the topic.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/19/20 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh . . . I guess I'm also confused by the breathless, pearl-clutching report from CNN that Trump has pardoned or commuted the sentences of some CRIMINALS.

Is this ignorance, feigned outrage, boob bait for low information viewers, or just political agenda?

Of course, by definition, all presidential pardons and sentence commutations are of criminals. Yes, every person pardoned or commuted by every president in the history of the United States has been a . . . gasp! . . . criminal.

Let's look at the number of pardons and commutations -- of criminals -- by presidents since 1960:

Kennedy - 575
Johnson - 1,187
Nixon - 926
Ford - 409
Carter - 566 plus over 200,000 Viet Nam War draft dodgers
Reagan - 406
Bush I - 77
Clinton - 459
Bush II - 200
Obama - 1,927
Trump - 26

Perhaps someone else would be interested in computing the average pardons/commutations of CRIMINALS per year by Democrat vs. Republican presidents and the statistical significance of Trump's 26.
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/19/20 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Oh . . . I guess I'm also confused by the breathless, pearl-clutching report from CNN that Trump has pardoned or commuted the sentences of some CRIMINALS.

Is this ignorance, feigned outrage, boob bait for low information viewers, or just political agenda?

Of course, by definition, all presidential pardons and sentence commutations are of criminals. Yes, every person pardoned or commuted by every president in the history of the United States has been a . . . gasp! . . . criminal.

Let's look at the number of pardons and commutations -- of criminals -- by presidents since 1960:

Kennedy - 575
Johnson - 1,187
Nixon - 926
Ford - 409
Reagan - 406
Bush I - 77
Clinton - 459
Bush II - 200
Obama - 1,927
Trump - 26

Perhaps someone else would be interested in computing the average pardons/commutations of CRIMINALS per year by Democrat vs. Republican presidents and the statistical significance of Trump's 26.

Laughing

PostPosted: 02/20/20 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Kennedy - 575
Johnson - 1,187
Nixon - 926
Ford - 409
Reagan - 406
Bush I - 77
Clinton - 459
Bush II - 200
Obama - 1,927
Trump - 26

PostPosted: 02/20/20 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The difference with Trump is he’s pardoning criminals he’s closely associated with, that enabled him to be a criminal.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 02/21/20 5:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
The difference with Trump is he’s pardoning criminals he’s closely associated with, that enabled him to be a criminal.

Who are you referring to?

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/21/20 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chief Law Enforcement Officer? Rolling Eyes

Chief Prick is more like it. Sad

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Genero36

PostPosted: 02/21/20 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gLM5zb3iVV8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLM5zb3iVV8

Last edited by Genero36 on 02/21/20 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 02/21/20 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The presidential pardon should go. Every time it's used it angers victims and people who don't like criminals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: