RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/14/20 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We have room for Carrington if she redshirts. I think they've been keeping that spot open for her [haven't heard that, just presumption on my part]. She was supposed to be our best player this year - just hoping she can come back healthy. I'm hoping we do the same thing for Dodson (presuming she redshirts this year) in 2021.

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/14/20 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who's the better pro prospect at point guard, Harris or Dangerfield? Or even Minyon Moore, for that matter.

PostPosted: 02/14/20 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
We have room for Carrington if she redshirts. I think they've been keeping that spot open for her [haven't heard that, just presumption on my part]. She was supposed to be our best player this year - just hoping she can come back healthy. I'm hoping we do the same thing for Dodson (presuming she redshirts this year) in 2021.

Very Happy Right on cue. Thanks as usual for the insight - forgot about Dodson since she hasn't played a single second this year.

Slightly off topic, but being a Seattle Seahawks fan, I wished Anna Wilson in particular had gotten more playing time/redshirted a year throughout her playing career, considering iirc she was a five-star recruit. Still, she'll have with her a top-class education/degree, as well as her health (I still remember that scary incident that happened with her in I believe it was one of their games in Hawaii last season? It's great that she's even able to play).

Richyyy wrote:
Who's the better pro prospect at point guard, Harris or Dangerfield? Or even Minyon Moore, for that matter.

Good question. Dangerfield's the best scorer/shooter out of that group. Harris has the fewest weaknesses. Moore is probably the weakest I'd say, considering she's always been an average-at-best shooter, but imo she's the best defensively out of that group imo. At USC she racked up a ton of steals, but they play more zone at Oregon so I think it doesn't allow her to showcase that skill as much. To answer your question, I'm gonna go with Dangerfield because A) she was a top-5 recruit and B) I've said it before that talented, true PGs that go to UConn seem to be well-prepared for the W (Sue Bird of course, Montgomery has had a long career, Jefferson had at least a great rookie year, etc.).

Last edited by Stormeo on 02/14/20 12:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/14/20 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Very Happy Right on cue. Thanks as usual for the insight - forgot about Dodson since she hasn't played a single second this year.

Slightly off topic, but being a Seattle Seahawks fan, I wished Anna Wilson in particular had gotten more playing time/redshirted a year throughout her playing career, considering iirc she was a five-star recruit. Still, she'll have with her a top-class education/degree, as well as her health (I still remember that scary incident that happened with her in I believe it was one of their games in Hawaii last season? It's great that she's even able to play).

Richyyy wrote:

Good question. Dangerfield's the best scorer/shooter out of that group. Harris has the fewest weaknesses. Moore is probably the weakest I'd say, considering she's always been a below-average shooter, but imo she's the best defensively out of that group imo. At USC she racked up a ton of steals, but they play more zone at Oregon so I think it doesn't allow her to showcase that skill as much. To answer your question, I'm gonna go with Dangerfield because A) she was a top-5 recruit and B) I've said before that talented, true PGs that go to UConn seem to be well-prepared for the W (Sue Bird of course, Montgomery has had a long career, Jefferson had at least a great rookie year, etc.).

Dangerfield's size makes it hard for me to believe in her as a prospect though ...

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/14/20 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Dangerfield's size makes it hard for me to believe in her as a prospect though ...

Which is fair; but I see 5'5 defensive-liability Leilani Mitchell still thriving after all these years and it shows me that someone else with Mitchell's size, shooting ability, and theoretically better defensive skills can have a long career, too.

Last edited by Stormeo on 02/14/20 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/14/20 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Tea' Cooper

PostPosted: 02/14/20 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Te'a Cooper

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/35iDQ9U6aSzbq" width="230" height="170" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/14/20 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Tea' Cooper

Fair enough. I don't think I've seen Baylor play this season so I was just listing those who came to mind. Would be rare to see that many point guards going high, though (and we're not even counting the likes of Ionescu or Carter). Some of them are probably going to slide to the 2nd round at best.

PostPosted: 02/16/20 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know SAB is the all everything number 1 pick this year but I cannot help but think of Chennedy Carter does enter and I don’t see why she would not that she could end up being the best player in this draft. With the picks we have I would not be upset if we took her at 2 and looked at a player like hebard at 5. I reallllly don’t want to see the combination of Mccowan and Cox in the future though.

PostPosted: 02/16/20 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I know SAB is the all everything number 1 pick this year but I cannot help but think of Chennedy Carter does enter and I don’t see why she would not that she could end up being the best player in this draft. With the picks we have I would not be upset if we took her at 2 and looked at a player like hebard at 5. I reallllly don’t want to see the combination of Mccowan and Cox in the future though.

I think Sabally will stay and Carter will enter. Yeah good luck with getting any paint production against a duo of McCowan and Cox

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/17/20 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the new CBA in place is it better for age eligible players to leave school early? Clayk has discussed this subject matter many times in the past. My opinion is if a player's goal is to be a professional athlete then every extra year that player stays in school they would be robbing themselves of a lot of money. Humans are only young once. The new CBA is structured so a player can earn a large salary faster in their career than in the past. So unless a player's goal is to be a Medical doctor, chemical engineer, or an astrophysicist their best option is leave school so they can get that money.

PostPosted: 02/17/20 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK. so I decided to check out Chennedy Carter's stats, expecting to be impressed, especially given that she is not known to be a player folks like to play with.

The 22.5 ppg are nice.

23.5% from three. 64 assists in 18 games (as opposed to 350 shots). 53 turnovers for an A/TO of 1.2.

So let's look at Sabrina's numbers (I'm a fan, but these are stats).

17.1 ppg on 50% shooting, 36% from three. 330 shots in 874 minutes (Carter's 350 came in 556). 226 assists in 26 games to 76 turnovers (just below 3.0 A/TO).

If you're nitpicking, Ionescu is 92% from the line, Carter 73%. Rebounds 8.6 for Ionescu, 4.8 for Carter.

Carter No. 1? Who's in?

PostPosted: 02/17/20 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This question is directed to everyone that watches a lot of Pac-12 women's basketball. Over the course of Ruthy Hebard's college career how many great games has she had against other quality post players who are as tall as Hebard?

PostPosted: 02/17/20 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
This question is directed to everyone that watches a lot of Pac-12 women's basketball. Over the course of Ruthy Hebard's college career how many great games has she had against other quality post players who are as tall as Hebard?

I think Hebard will be a solid WNBA post. All-Star? Probably not. She has a good work rate, is very efficient around the basket, and has played a lot of pick-and-roll in college. She's athletic enough to be a decent pick-and-roll defender, but I don't see her as a dominant player.

PostPosted: 02/17/20 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
OK. so I decided to check out Chennedy Carter's stats, expecting to be impressed, especially given that she is not known to be a player folks like to play with.

The 22.5 ppg are nice.

23.5% from three. 64 assists in 18 games (as opposed to 350 shots). 53 turnovers for an A/TO of 1.2.

17.1 ppg on 50% shooting, 36% from three. 330 shots in 874 minutes (Carter's 350 came in 556). 226 assists in 26 games to 76 turnovers (just below 3.0 A/TO).

If you're nitpicking, Ionescu is 92% from the line, Carter 73%. Rebounds 8.6 for Ionescu, 4.8 for Carter.

Carter No. 1? Who's in?

In fairness, Carter is asked to score and shoot. While it would be better if she had better percentages, it’s been said that her role is to go out and shoot/score. I’d like to think she wouldn’t be as shot happy if she had the level of talent Sabrina does around her.

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/17/20 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

I think Hebard will be a solid WNBA post. All-Star? Probably not. She has a good work rate, is very efficient around the basket, and has played a lot of pick-and-roll in college. She's athletic enough to be a decent pick-and-roll defender, but I don't see her as a dominant player.

My concern with Hebard is her size. She doesn't look 6'4" to me. I think that, along with her style that's more finesse than physical-could hinder her. She has a ton of skill and is a very good college player, but I think her adjustment will be tough.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/17/20 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geno Auriemma on Ruthy Hebard.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EyAIZaMkP74" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 02/17/20 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This clip shows Ionescu registering her 1000th career assist.
She is the second player to ever achieve 2000 pts and 1000 assists. The first was Vandersloot.
In a few games she’ll be the first player to ever reach 2000 pts, 1000 reb, 1000 ast.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=28705947&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK

PostPosted: 02/17/20 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
ClayK wrote:

The 22.5 ppg are nice.

Carter No. 1? Who's in?

In fairness, Carter is asked to score and shoot. While it would be better if she had better percentages, it’s been said that her role is to go out and shoot/score. I’d like to think she wouldn’t be as shot happy if she had the level of talent Sabrina does around her.

Carter has three teammates who average in double figures, and of their 346 baskets, she assisted on at most 64.

Yes, she's a good player, but I just don't get why people think she's a budding superstar who would be considered a top five pick. The three-point percentage and A/TO are not even mediocre.

PostPosted: 02/17/20 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carter's only listed at 5'7, which is small for a shooting guard in the W. She's pretty glaringly not a point guard (Shambria Washington fills that role for the Aggies).

It's not hard to see Carter as Angela Riley redux.

PostPosted: 02/17/20 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Carter's only listed at 5'7, which is small for a shooting guard in the W. She's pretty glaringly not a point guard (Shambria Washington fills that role for the Aggies).

It's not hard to see Carter as Angela Riley redux.

Ogunbowale is only listed an inch taller and is far from a point guard as well. Before this season, Carter shot 38 and 35 percent from 3pt range respectively. This season her percentages from there have dipped, but her overall field goal percentage jumped from 40 to 46 percent. She has a pro-ready build and is athletic, I think she has the tools to be a major contributor right away.

She also had one the best games of the college players vs Team USA.

Last edited by TotalCardinalMove on 02/17/20 10:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Randy

PostPosted: 02/17/20 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

She looked good against Team Bird and Taurasi.....

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/17/20 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

She looked good against Team Bird and Taurasi.....

That is the game that Wilson did not play and Fowles was in foul trouble. Wink

PostPosted: 02/17/20 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For all the gripe about how much Chennedy passes the same could have been said for Cynthia Cooper. Carter will be a star in the WNBA thats without question. Anyone thinking otherwise will get a rude awakening this summer. Same crowd that dubbed Deshields Cubic Zirconia Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 02/17/20 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
For all the gripe about how much Chennedy passes the same could have been said for Cynthia Cooper. Carter will be a star in the WNBA thats without question. Anyone thinking otherwise will get a rude awakening this summer. Same crowd that dubbed Deshields Cubic Zirconia Rolling Eyes

That's just wrong - it's not the same crowd. I dubbed DD CZ and I was wrong, but I'm a Carter fan. Of course, I could be wrong again......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 24 of 59

Jump to: