2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 69

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/05/20 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
pilight wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Not to release too much from that podcast but somewhat interesting that Diggins-Smith still wants to live in Dallas..

Her husband has established himself there

Ahhh ok, didn’t know that.

Yes, his studio is in Downtown Dallas....wonder how he's able to afford that location🤔🤔🤔, ooooh well!!!

craigmont

PostPosted: 02/05/20 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Randy wrote:
Part 1. Diggins to the Lynx. Lynx sends #6 to Dallas and Sims to Atlanta, Atlanta sends #4 to Dallas.

Part 2. NY sends Charles to Lynx. Lynx send Collier to NY.

Lynx now have Fowles, Charles and Diggins to fuel a contending team for at least the next few years (and longer if Moore comes back.) Charles and Diggins get paid max deals (SNT from their former teams) so they both show up. Coach Reeve makes them all WNBA champs.....

NY gets to build from the draft and has another promising young star to go along with Durr, Ionescu, and Nurse.

Dallas will have picks 2, 4,6 and 9 to build a new core with.

Atlanta gets Sims and whoever they can get in FA.

Lynx are fine with Collier and (Dream Reject) Dantas. We don't need to trade Collier for Charles to get older.

Collier is the rising star to build around. No way does any smart team let her go.

That would be Natasha Howard all over again. Smile

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/05/20 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Not to release too much from that podcast but somewhat interesting that Diggins-Smith still wants to live in Dallas..

Her husband has established himself there

She really can’t just try to make it work in Dallas for her family’s sake Rolling Eyes

We will pass

I’ve been living for your shade ever since this started. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/05/20 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:

Collier is the rising star to build around. No way does any smart team let her go.

I doubt Collier rises to the level of MVP candidate, but I’d love for her to prove me wrong.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/05/20 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Randy wrote:
Part 1. Diggins to the Lynx. Lynx sends #6 to Dallas and Sims to Atlanta, Atlanta sends #4 to Dallas.

Lynx now have Fowles, Charles and Diggins to fuel a contending team for at least the next few years (and longer if Moore comes back.) Charles and Diggins get paid max deals (SNT from their former teams) so they both show up. Coach Reeve makes them all WNBA champs.....

NY gets to build from the draft and has another promising young star to go along with Durr, Ionescu, and Nurse.

Lynx are fine with Collier and (Dream Reject) Dantas. We don't need to trade Collier for Charles to get older.

Waiting for Spacejunkie to chime in....3,2,1
Laughing

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/05/20 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
craigmont wrote:

I doubt Collier rises to the level of MVP candidate, but I’d love for her to prove me wrong.

I would not be surprised at all to see her rise to that level. She is talented with a great work ethic. That will carry her very far in the league.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/20 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Randy wrote:

Crazy that people expect us to give away our All star guard to only receive Draft picks in a weak draft class , But Pheesa coming to Dallas would be ideal Smile long shot but ideal .

PostPosted: 02/05/20 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m surprised Megdal specifically asked about only one possible destination, which was Indiana. When he asked if Indiana was a possibility, Diggins gave at least a 5 sec pause before saying “I haven’t heard from Indiana”. Shocked
It was funny that she seem to need input from Megdal. “Can you see me fitting in with that team??” Signings start in only 5 days and she sounds clueless about where she’s going or even what team she fits in with. Of course, maybe she doesn’t want to give anything away to Megdal. But if that’s the case, why even bother doing an interview with him?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/05/20 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's not supposed to have heard from anyone. She's a cored UFA - any team other than Dallas talking to her would be breaking the rules.

Where she fits in is probably rather dependent on who goes the other way in a hypothetical deal. If Kelsey Mitchell goes to Dallas then she'd probably play alongside Wheeler a lot, and hence a little less as a primary point guard; if Wheeler goes to Dallas she'd probably be running the offense most of the time. Surely Indiana wouldn't be dumb enough to let McCowan be part of the negotiations...

PostPosted: 02/05/20 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Surely Indiana wouldn't be dumb enough to let McCowan be part of the negotiations...

Agreed. I wouldn't even give up No. 3 w/o knowing who is coming out. If no one comes out, then fine.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/05/20 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Surely Indiana wouldn't be dumb enough to let McCowan be part of the negotiations...

Agreed. I wouldn't even give up No. 3 w/o knowing who is coming out. If no one comes out, then fine.

Yeah, I said a while back that I thought the #3 might end up being the sticking point - Dallas wanting it in the deal, Indy wanting to keep it - but Dallas are already so young, would be trading their best vet away, and already have two first-rounders this year. How much youth is there room for on one team, and a freaking Agler team as well?

I'm not sure anyone is going to want this dragging out long enough for us to know who's going to be available at #3. Could always trade the 2021 first instead.

PostPosted: 02/05/20 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
She's not supposed to have heard from anyone. She's a cored UFA - any team other than Dallas talking to her would be breaking the rules.

She must not know the rules then, because her analogy was college recruitment. She was expecting to get wooed.

But it definitely didn’t sound like Indiana was on her list of preferential teams, unless she was trying to throw Megdal off.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/20 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

She must not know the rules then, because her analogy was college recruitment. She was expecting to get wooed.

But it definitely didn’t sound like Indiana was on her list of preferential teams, unless she was trying to throw Megdal off.

She's being wooed that was a misdirection.

PostPosted: 02/11/20 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We have yet to hear from our three franchises in the Midwest in this free agency period. Are these the finalists and/or trading partners for a Diggins-Smith trade? They've all been mentioned enough times, so maybe it's a fair assumption.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 02/15/20 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
My guess would be LA.

No longer an Indy Girl, now a Diva Cali Girl.
High ambition for other than basketball opportunities.
Likes and common interests with the players. Motherhood with Parker.
Ogwumike sisters. Cheney with Espn. Contacts and opportunities abound.
Candice Wiggins is one of her best friends linking with Ogwumikes etc.
Position open at 2 guard.
Team is a top contender for WNBA Championship.
Coaching staff.
Players available for trading.
Minnesota offers little linkage to fame and fortune ambitions.
Don't see NY with Shakespeare but there is some fame/fortune opportunities.
Past the Indy thing.
No Chicago.
Las Vegas is an option for fame and fortune but what's to trade?

You have made a pretty compelling case. One more point on the Lynx - people seem to be abandoning the Lynx: Moore, Wade, Hopkins, Patterson and apparently Sims.....

Reeve's ego, ego, ego. My opinion.

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/16/20 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Randy wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
My guess would be LA.

No longer an Indy Girl, now a Diva Cali Girl.
High ambition for other than basketball opportunities.
Likes and common interests with the players. Motherhood with Parker.
Ogwumike sisters. Cheney with Espn. Contacts and opportunities abound.
Candice Wiggins is one of her best friends linking with Ogwumikes etc.
Position open at 2 guard.
Team is a top contender for WNBA Championship.
Coaching staff.
Players available for trading.
Minnesota offers little linkage to fame and fortune ambitions.
Don't see NY with Shakespeare but there is some fame/fortune opportunities.
Past the Indy thing.
No Chicago.
Las Vegas is an option for fame and fortune but what's to trade?

You have made a pretty compelling case. One more point on the Lynx - people seem to be abandoning the Lynx: Moore, Wade, Hopkins, Patterson and apparently Sims.....

Reeve's ego, ego, ego. My opinion.

Yeah, literally none of this made sense.

No one has "abandoned" the Lynx. Two of her assistants have been hired on as head coaches (don't you *hate* when that happens), Patterson left to lend her years of experience to Hopkins as she has no interest in a head coaching position, and also to help free up assistant positions under Reeve who has decided that she wants to use her position to mentor female coaches.

Moore left to focus on criminal justice reform, but also signed a multiyear contract before she left, so if she does come back she wants to play in Minnesota.

And Sims if having a damn baby. Obviously, she chose to do that because she was upset with the Lynx. That's why most people have babies. They don't like their boss's ego, so they figure, "That'll show 'em".

And on the flip side, how many players still speak glowingly about their time in Minnesota? Listen to Dev on the Around the Rim podcast and how she speaks of the Lynx and Reeve (and she is not one to blow smoke). Or how about PPP? Talk about someone who wouldn't put up with crap, and not only did she play out her career there but joined the staff. Sylvia Fowles was straight up offered an out, where Reeve told her she would trade her if she didn't want to rebuild at the end of her career and wanted to go to an immediate contender. Fowles said, "No". She's going to retire a Lynx.

So where is this narrative coming from?

PostPosted: 02/16/20 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Totally with justintyme. These charges about people "abandoning the Lynx" are astonishingly absurd. And I say this as a Liberty fan, not a Lynx fan.

PostPosted: 02/16/20 12:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not to mention, Minnesota was one of her "preferred destination" teams where she was willing to sign a long term contract if she was traded there.

Ultimately the Lynx just couldn't compete with the package offered by Phoenix as they had a ton of assets available after the Bonner trade.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: