RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/15/20 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like it. MoJeff, Lou, Arike, Cox, with maybe Hebard, Harris or Dangerfield, or ?, with a few old team players could be fun.

I'm ready for some Barbeque!

Last edited by RavenDog on 02/16/20 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/15/20 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mama Jones and Mama Davis on the same team Shocked Laughing

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/15/20 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Randy wrote:
She has a degree in biomedical engineering and want to play basketball?

What sounds like more fun to you?

You should look up Britt Baker, some time.

I did ... I don't follow wrestling, so I'd never heard the name. Maybe she could work in biomedical engineering in the offseason. But I still think basketball would be more fun ...

Not only is basketball more fun but, as has already been pointed out, a career in Bio Eng is still going to be there for her, fifteen years from now.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/15/20 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

how about Arike and Lou on the same team Shocked It will be a challenge for them to overcome 4 years of something bordering on hatred...at least between the two programs.

- Amanda Gorman
justintyme

PostPosted: 02/15/20 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

how about Arike and Lou on the same team Shocked It will be a challenge for them to overcome 4 years of something bordering on hatred...at least between the two programs.

Collier and Shepard clicked almost immediately. Probably one of those issues that's really only a thing with fans. As professionals, players compartmentalize pretty easily; if someone is now a teammate they are a teammate no matter where they went to school.

PostPosted: 02/15/20 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

During last years draft, 4 players took to twitter and answered questions. I asked Lou and Arike specifically if it was hard to go from foes to WNBA draftees in such a short time. They both responded that they've known each for years from AAU and USA basketball, that they're friends, but when between the lines they both want to win. Then they alluded to the fans having more hatred than the players do for each other.

I mean, there wasn't a more fierce rivalry than UCONN/Tennessee....and I believe Swin was in Catch's wedding, or vie versa. I also think Ruth Riley was in Swin's wedding.

When Kayla McBride got inducted into the ND ring of honor, Moriah was there.....

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/15/20 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

During last years draft, 4 players took to twitter and answered questions. I asked Lou and Arike specifically if it was hard to go from foes to WNBA draftees in such a short time. They both responded that they've known each for years from AAU and USA basketball, that they're friends, but when between the lines they both want to win. Then they alluded to the fans having more hatred than the players do for each other.

I mean, there wasn't a more fierce rivalry than UCONN/Tennessee....and I believe Swin was in Catch's wedding, or vie versa. I also think Ruth Riley was in Swin's wedding.

When Kayla McBride got inducted into the ND ring of honor, Moriah was there.....

Yep, I recall Mama Jones on twitter this past summer advocating for Arike to be ROY. Some Uconn fans did not take too kindly to that Laughing Laughing Laughing

Swin's wedding party included Bird, Catch, Ruth Riley, Camille Little, Tanisha Wright.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/15/20 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

+1000 These guys have played together and most have been friends for years since they were youngsters.
Not sure why so many people (fans) don't understand this.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/15/20 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It totally depends on the personalities involved. Of course that is true of any two players, regardless of where they came from.

- Amanda Gorman
Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/15/20 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I find that there's tons of camaraderie in the women's basketball world, more so than in the men's, imo largely due to the bullsh!t misogyny/sexism/homophobia/plain old rude jerks out there that they have to collectively & individually deal with. Excuse my harsh & explicit language, but I wish all of these low-IQ unappreciative assholes could just keep their shitty opinions to themselves and let us all enjoy things. Confused

To stay on subject here, I had once put it out there that Kaela Davis could've been an interesting piece for the Storm to trade for in exchange for KML, but now that Dallas has two Samuelson sharpshooters on the team, we can all but cross Dallas off the list of potential takers for her. Sad I still think Davis needs to be on a contender in a 9th or 10th rotation spot where she could focus on a specific role, in order to continue her W career. Despite being a top-ranked high school recruit, she just doesn't have the talent to be able to do many/more than a couple things well. Getting cut from Dallas only to end up on another rebuilding team won't help her imo.

Last edited by Stormeo on 02/15/20 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 02/15/20 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I find that there's tons of camaraderie in the women's basketball world, more so than in the men's

Yeah, if I remember right, it was Nolan Richardson who said he was surprised at how the players from opposing teams would go out to eat together before or after a game.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/15/20 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

I still think Davis needs to be on a contender in a 9th or 10th rotation spot where she could focus on a specific role, in order to continue her W career. Despite being a top-ranked high school recruit, she just doesn't have the talent to be able to do many/more than a couple things well. Getting cut from Dallas only to end up on another rebuilding team won't help her imo.

I've been pretty harsh on her in the past. But trying to make her into a PG was really a dis-service to her (as well as the team). She has size and athleticism but her shooting and handle ain't nuthin to write home about...so perhaps on the right team she could become a defensive stopper type sort of like T. Young? But yeah, she would need to be pointed in that direction and then accept that as a role.

- Amanda Gorman
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/15/20 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
I find that there's tons of camaraderie in the women's basketball world, more so than in the men's

Yeah, if I remember right, it was Nolan Richardson who said he was surprised at how the players from opposing teams would go out to eat together before or after a game.

A lot of things about women's basketball seemed to surprise him.

PostPosted: 02/16/20 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I still think Davis needs to be on a contender in a 9th or 10th rotation spot where she could focus on a specific role, in order to continue her W career. Despite being a top-ranked high school recruit, she just doesn't have the talent to be able to do many/more than a couple things well. Getting cut from Dallas only to end up on another rebuilding team won't help her imo.

I've been pretty harsh on her in the past. But trying to make her into a PG was really a dis-service to her (as well as the team). She has size and athleticism but her shooting and handle ain't nuthin to write home about...so perhaps on the right team she could become a defensive stopper type sort of like T. Young? But yeah, she would need to be pointed in that direction and then accept that as a role.

Agreed. It’s hard enough playing the PG position as an actual point guard in this league. Asking any non-PG non-superstar to fill that role is just asking for trouble.

willtalk

PostPosted: 02/16/20 2:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------To stay on subject here, I had once put it out there that Kaela Davis could've been an interesting piece for the Storm to trade for in exchange for KML, but now that Dallas has two Samuelson sharpshooters on the team, we can all but cross Dallas off the list of potential takers for her. Sad I still think Davis needs to be on a contender in a 9th or 10th rotation spot where she could focus on a specific role, in order to continue her W career. Despite being a top-ranked high school recruit, she just doesn't have the talent to be able to do many/more than a couple things well. Getting cut from Dallas only to end up on another rebuilding team won't help her imo.
Why would anyone trade anything for KML. I am suprised she hung in there as long as she did. But i suppose any team that would keep Paris on the roster will keep anyone.

PostPosted: 02/16/20 3:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Why would anyone trade anything for KML. I am surprised she hung in there as long as she did. But i suppose any team that would keep Paris on the roster will keep anyone.

Good question. Same reason a team would sign Bria Hartley to a 3-year maxer, I guess. Razz They are both UConn alum, too, fwiw...

KML's contract is guaranteed, but the good news is, she's looking cheap these days at not even 75k. It'd be no more than a one-year trial if ya wanted it to be. Potentially cuttable if she were to show diddly-squat in a training camp, *muttering* I wish she could train for a marathon if a team had acres of cap space. No other strings attached. Wink Phoenix of all teams could certainly get suckered in again. Laughing

Yep, like I said, we've got our Out-of-Shape Players Club here in Seattle. Rolling Eyes Surprised - but relieved - that we haven't gone after Danielle Adams, especially given her San Antonio connection to Dan Hughes. Otherwise, she’d surely be named the Club President tbh. Embarassed

Shades

PostPosted: 02/16/20 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Agreed. It’s hard enough playing the PG position as an actual point guard in this league. Asking any non-PG non-superstar to fill that role is just asking for trouble.

I doubt it was a random decision. She probably showed enough merit in practice.

Dallas didn’t leave themselves with a lot of options at PG, with both Diggins and Jefferson sitting out. That left them with the very marginal BMW, who is huge liability on defense. I’m sure they never intended for her to finish the season on the roster, or else they would have brought in someone much better. Then they had Ogunbowale, who has the size and handle of a PG, but little to no experience as one in college. ND even used Mabrey as PG before considering Ogunbowale as an option.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/16/20 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A. Gray was the other (and much better IMO) option last year. She actually played it some in college, has the better handle, and can shoot. I wouldn't want her as my fulltime PG either, but would much prefer her if the choice was between her and Davis.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 02/17/20 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
A. Gray was the other (and much better IMO) option last year. She actually played it some in college, has the better handle, and can shoot. I wouldn't want her as my fulltime PG either, but would much prefer her if the choice was between her and Davis.

The difference between Gray and Davis as a point guard is not enough to even try to make a point about it.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 02/17/20 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would assume that Agler is planning on taking a PG with one of his picks. With them having Samuelson now, it does appear Agler would lean towards taking Cox over Sabally at #2. Realistically, Dallas needs to dump two posts and a guard if he plans to keep 3/5 of his picks from #2-#15.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/17/20 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The difference between Gray and Davis as a point guard is not enough to even try to make a point about it.

Laughing Well IMO watching Davis with the ball was excruciating. She dribbles like an old lady and has no instincts on where to go with it. The offense just stagnated. Gray at least moves - both with and without the ball.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/17/20 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I would assume that Agler is planning on taking a PG with one of his picks. With them having Samuelson now, it does appear Agler would lean towards taking Cox over Sabally at #2. Realistically, Dallas needs to dump two posts and a guard if he plans to keep 3/5 of his picks from #2-#15.

Sabally is much better than KLS (and IMO better than Cox). They're basically overloaded from SF to C, but overloaded with mediocrity. I like some of those pieces but none of them scream 'star'. This way he at least has choices depending on who does/doesn't declare.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/17/20 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Sabally is much better than KLS (and IMO better than Cox). They're basically overloaded from SF to C, but overloaded with mediocrity. I like some of those pieces but none of them scream 'star'. This way he at least has choices depending on who does/doesn't declare.

Sabally is light years ahead of KLS IMO.

PostPosted: 02/17/20 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Laughing Well IMO watching Davis with the ball was excruciating. She dribbles like an old lady and has no instincts on where to go with it. The offense just stagnated. Gray at least moves - both with and without the ball.

I'm in tears over here 😂😂😂

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/17/20 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Sabally is light years ahead of KLS IMO.

Truest statement here! Sabally will give Sabrina a run for her money for ROY. And that's not a knock on Sabrina.

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 14 of 22

Jump to: