RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BamaEd

PostPosted: 02/13/20 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream finally got a free agent

https://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-sign-free-agent-forward-glory-johnson/

Welcome to the ATL Glory!

Shades

PostPosted: 02/13/20 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:

https://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-sign-free-agent-forward-glory-johnson/

BOO-YAH!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
animals31089

PostPosted: 02/13/20 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:

Great pick up question now is what comes next are more moves coming or wait for the draft

Randy

PostPosted: 02/13/20 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream don't need Johnson, Billings and Breland. Hopefully they find a new address for Breland.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 02/13/20 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Dream don't need Johnson, Billings and Breland. Hopefully they find a new address for Breland.

I do think Breland could be the odd one out in that trio. Glory is a starter and much more of an offensive threat. Billings would be a cheaper backup as well.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/13/20 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they can't get the Charles deal done, Breland would be a nice fit next to Griner in Phoenix. Straight up for the #10?

PostPosted: 02/13/20 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
If they can't get the Charles deal done, Breland would be a nice fit next to Griner in Phoenix. Straight up for the #10?

exactly what I was thinking. She would be a very nice sidekick for Griner and the youngsters could safely be the backups.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 02/13/20 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

exactly what I was thinking. She would be a very nice sidekick for Griner and the youngsters could safely be the backups.

There’s also Langhorne in SEA. They actually have to unload a contract if they want to be able to add a draft pick or two.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 02/13/20 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From Tiffany Hayes Instagram story (so I can't link it, sorry)

"I know one thing...somebody need to explain how these new deals are gonna work cuz I JUST KNOW I'm not stuck in my old contract! #W #qtna"

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/13/20 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:

"I know one thing...somebody need to explain how these new deals are gonna work cuz I JUST KNOW I'm not stuck in my old contract! #W #qtna"

She's such a pain Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 02/13/20 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She’s not wrong. There seems like there is going to be some huge discrepancies and as Thibaud said, teams may only carry 11 so we will see if this contract actually hurts the W in the long run.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/13/20 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting move for GloJo. She knows full well she isn't winning a championship with this team, which is likely why it's only a one-year deal. I wonder what she hopes to accomplish? Getting her stats back up to par so she can earn a bigger payday next year? Or was this was the only team that would have her at the price she wanted?, which I'd find hard to believe... unless the only teams truly interested in her were lottery teams. Maybe she's hoping to get traded midseason to a contender (but then again, that didn't happen last year when some like myself thought it would).

BamaEd wrote:

Isn't that what her agent is for Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Shades

PostPosted: 02/13/20 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
She’s not wrong. There seems like there is going to be some huge discrepancies and as Thibaud said, teams may only carry 11 so we will see if this contract actually hurts the W in the long run.

I’m surprised more players haven’t grumbled about it. Maybe they’re just less public about it? It’s hardly fair for most of the players not to reap immediate financial benefits of the new CBA. Hopefully some of that windfall sponsorship money comes through for some of these players.

Last edited by Shades on 02/13/20 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
BamaEd

PostPosted: 02/13/20 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Interesting move for GloJo. She knows full well she isn't winning a championship with this team, which is likely why it's only a one-year deal. I wonder what she hopes to accomplish? Getting her stats back up to par so she can earn a bigger payday next year? Or was this was the only team that would have her at the price she wanted?, which I'd find hard to believe... unless the only teams truly interested in her were lottery teams. Maybe she's hoping to get traded midseason to a contender (but then again, that didn't happen last year when some like myself thought it would).

BamaEd wrote:

Isn't that what her agent is for Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

For the reply to mine, yep, that's who she needs to ask!

As for the first, I wonder if it's that the lottery teams are the only ones that can afford to sign any free agents. The only one that is looking to still sign anyone is possibly PHX and there is no way on God's green earth is that gonna happen. LA has made signings, LV, CON, WAS. SEA has been quiet for now, but it is a rich get richer situation so far this off-season, so everyone doesn't have room for another big signing.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/13/20 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry Tip - players said they wanted to get paid like men, and that's what happens in the men's game if you sign contract for multi-year and then the caps goes way up the next year.....

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/13/20 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Sorry Tip - players said they wanted to get paid like men, and that's what happens in the men's game if you sign contract for multi-year and then the caps goes way up the next year.....

I miss 2016-17 when we had Allen Crabbe making money than Klay Thompson and Timofey Mozgov making more money than Stephen Curry.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/13/20 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
toad455

PostPosted: 02/13/20 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream are apparently working on a trade for Courtney Williams from Connecticut.

https://twitter.com/WomensHoopz/status/1228088243859730434

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/13/20 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

If this is Williams wanting more money and willing to leave a contender to get it, even if it means returning to her hometowner, then Rolling Eyes

If this is Curt Miller trying to get Tiffany Hayes (who at this point I would neither call better than nor more complementary to the Sun than Williams is), then Rolling Eyes

If Atlanta gives up their lottery pick in this process, then Rolling Eyes

If this is Atlanta signaling they want to completely avoid a rebuild, then Rolling Eyes

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Stormeo on 02/13/20 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
toad455

PostPosted: 02/13/20 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if the Dream gives up the #4 pick for Williams? Williams to ATL would allow CON to keep Stricklen.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 02/13/20 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
toad455 wrote:

If this is Williams wanting more money and willing to leave a contender to get it, even if it means returning to her hometowner, then Rolling Eyes

If this is Curt Miller trying to get Tiffany Hayes (who at this point I would neither call better than nor more complementary to the Sun than Williams is), then Rolling Eyes

If this is Atlanta signaling they want to completely avoid a rebuild, then Rolling Eyes

Rolling Eyes

Signing Johnson means they don't want to do a complete rebuild, so forget about that. I could easily see them giving up #4, they might even send Tiffany "Show me the money" Hayes along with it.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/13/20 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Signing Johnson means they don't want to do a complete rebuild, so forget about that. I could easily see them giving up #4, they might even send Tiffany "Show me the money" Hayes along with it.

I mean hey, if Atlanta wants to trade Hayes + like Cazorla or E. Williams/Breland (if the Sun can afford to take on another contract like that) for C. Williams, they should. Maybe to offset getting a big contract like that, the Sun send along Plaisance, who unlike E. Williams or Breland can at least shoot threes.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/13/20 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well that is probably it for Bentley in Atl then

Randy

PostPosted: 02/13/20 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Well that is probably it for Bentley in Atl then

Bentley was so bad last year, can't help but think she is going to have a hard time finding a team.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/13/20 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Twitter tease seems like it could be about C Williams but wasn't there also some teasing about J. Thomas wanting out?

Jas would be a nice addition to the Dream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 14 of 30

Jump to: