Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 02/10/20 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tiffany Mitchell signs an offer sheet with Atlanta

PostPosted: 02/10/20 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Letting McCoughtry walk for nothing, and trading Sykes seems like a clear signal that Atlanta is hitching their wagon to Tiffany Hayes, for better or worse. And I don't know why anybody thinks that's a good idea?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
TigerVol

PostPosted: 02/10/20 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
lethalweapon3 wrote:
Here's hoping Kalani will have a place where she can let her hair down.

Thank you, Brittney and Angel!

~lw3

I hope Kalani will thrive here. Have the Dream ever had a Baylor player on the team?

Didn't Atlanta draft the aussie guard from Baylor - tore her acl in ncaa tourney and again before the next wnba season?

Or am I combining people?

PostPosted: 02/10/20 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TigerVol wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
lethalweapon3 wrote:

~lw3

I hope Kalani will thrive here. Have the Dream ever had a Baylor player on the team?

Didn't Atlanta draft the aussie guard from Baylor - tore her acl in ncaa tourney and again before the next wnba season?

You are correct - Kristy Wallace (though being drafted and perennially injured isn't the same as actually being on the team)

PostPosted: 02/10/20 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TigerVol wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
lethalweapon3 wrote:

~lw3

Kristy Wallace. Unfortunately she tore her ACL again last offseason

PostPosted: 02/10/20 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Doesn't exactly match the notion that the Dream were going to sign players that can shoot in FA. I guess her % are better than Sykes and she is a former SC player. I guess Indy has to decide whether to match.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/10/20 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:

Doesn't exactly match the notion that the Dream were going to sign players that can shoot in FA. I guess her % are better than Sykes and she is a former SC player. I guess Indy has to decide whether to match.

Good olé desperation always wins.

PostPosted: 02/10/20 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taking a closer look, dotcom says an Dream extended an offer sheet to T. Mitchell, not that she signed it.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/10/20 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mainly because of Angel Atl has been one of my runner up favorite teams so I am not trying to annoy Atl fans when I say this

my feeling is Atl is more interested in a makeover than a rebuild

So I could see them making a play for anyone with some value ideally in the mid veteran level

so the T. Mitchell offer doesn't surprise me

I am sure players like Copper, C. Williams, NDour, GloJo, Bonner, Stricklen, Hartley,Ty Young, Rodgers, Prince and even a Laney or a Banham, or trying to trade for a Diggins-Smith.

ideally trying to get the players on the younger side while keeping their draft pick mixed with some decent vets, but I could see especially if they get Diggins-Smith trying to put enough around her to try and compete now not later.

OTOH if they want to own their rebuild which the K. Brown move might suggest Breland and Hayes probably have some trade value.

T. Mitchell and K. Brown with getting luck with the #4 pick (Carter, Cox, Sabally) is a start.

ucbart

PostPosted: 02/10/20 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The real problem for Atlanta is this. They're going to be the worst team in the W by far, and unless Sabally stays at Oregon for her senior season, the group of college juniors doesn't have one player that's a franchise changer. So they may get some high draft picks, but no players to make them competitive.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/10/20 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they could pull off say

trading fro Diggins-Smith and

poaching Bonner and/or GloJo

and adding a couple more mid level free agents they might have something

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/10/20 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so lets say they try and pull that off and give up #4 for Diggins-Smith

and poach Bonner and T. Mitchell

Diggins-Smith/Montgomery
Hayes/T. Mitchell/Carzola
Bonner/Coffey
Breland/Billings
K. Brown/E. Williams

one more free agent GloJo, Stricklen, Banham camp invite, waiver wire

could be OK

Randy

PostPosted: 02/10/20 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Diggins-Smith/Montgomery
Bonner/Coffey
Breland/Billings
K. Brown/E. Williams

could be OK

Interesting ideas J-Spoon.

One problem is that the Dream have 4 guaranteed contracts already (Hayes, Montgomery, Williams and Breland), so they couldn't get Mitchell, SDS and Bonner. Since they have already made the offer to Mitchell, that suggests they don't have a great chances with many other FAs.

A trade could solve that, so they would have to move one of those 4 players. Williams, Montgomery and Breland could probably be traded for a late late first round or 2nd round picks. (Which are not going to be worth much.)

The Mitchell move seems a little odd to me - she would be competing with Hayes for minutes unless they want Hayes to play full time as an undersized 3. I wouldn't. So I'm wondering why they did it. Hayes has what is now a cheap contract for 2 seasons so she might be an interesting trade for some other teams.

I think the moves they are making are not in line with a rebuild, with the realization it may take a while.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/10/20 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Taking a closer look, dotcom says an Dream extended an offer sheet to T. Mitchell, not that she signed it.

That means she signed it. Doesn't get announced if someone just offers a player a contract.

PostPosted: 02/10/20 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Diggins-Smith/Montgomery
Bonner/Coffey
Breland/Billings
K. Brown/E. Williams

could be OK

Interesting ideas J-Spoon.

One problem is that the Dream have 4 guaranteed contracts already (Hayes, Montgomery, Williams and Breland), so they couldn't get Mitchell, SDS and Bonner. Since they have already made the offer to Mitchell, that suggests they don't have a great chances with many other FAs.

A trade could solve that, so they would have to move one of those 4 players. Williams, Montgomery and Breland could probably be traded for a late late first round or 2nd round picks. (Which are not going to be worth much.)

The Mitchell move seems a little odd to me - she would be competing with Hayes for minutes unless they want Hayes to play full time as an undersized 3. I wouldn't. So I'm wondering why they did it. Hayes has what is now a cheap contract for 2 seasons so she might be an interesting trade for some other teams.

I think the moves they are making are not in line with a rebuild, with the realization it may take a while.

I could see something like a Diggins-Smith and #9 for Hayes and #4 happening. Then maybe you can afford Copper (sign and trade for Coffey?) and GloJo at cheaper rates and you still have #9 to fill out the roster with a rookie scale deal

Diggins-Smith/Montgomery/#9 Harris, Dangerfield or Cooper
Copper/T. Mitchell/Carzola
Bonner/Johnson
Breland/Billings
Brown/E. Will

with Copper and T. Mitchell able to play the 3 and Bonner and GloJo able to play the 4 you can really mix and match some interesting line ups and bring in a PG at #9 to eventually move up the depth chart to replace Montgomery or give the option to slide Diggins-Smith up to the 2 spot as well.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/10/20 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

That means she signed it. Doesn't get announced if someone just offers a player a contract.

Ok. Thanks.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/12/20 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Indiana matches

PostPosted: 02/12/20 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
pilight wrote:

Indiana matches

Not surprised by that one hoping they go for another

Randy

PostPosted: 02/12/20 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So far the Dream have helped some players get more money and raised the salary cost of some of their opponents, but no FAs.....

Dream should offer a max deal for Courtney Williams.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/12/20 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

What's the point? 3yr/185k is the least she's going to get, and Conn would happily match it. The star RFAs only move if they push for some kind of trade - that's why we see offer sheets for that next tier (or two) down, where you might actually get them.

PostPosted: 02/12/20 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

What's the point? 3yr/185k is the least she's going to get, and Conn would happily match it. The star RFAs only move if they push for some kind of trade - that's why we see offer sheets for that next tier (or two) down, where you might actually get them.

I was thinking maybe she wanted to "come home" to Georgia.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/12/20 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

I was thinking maybe she wanted to "come home" to Georgia.

But signing her to an offer sheet doesn't get her there. Conn just match (and then by rule she can't even be traded there for a year). If she wants to come home, make a deal.

PostPosted: 02/13/20 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky you’ve been under the radar since the Lori Ann signing. Wishing the best for you and the dream sincerely I miss your shade Laughing . How do you feel about picks #5 & #7 for your #4 ? 👀👀 #HateHardApproved or Nah?

PostPosted: 02/13/20 1:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Silky you’ve been under the radar since the Lori Ann signing. Wishing the best for you and the dream sincerely I miss your shade :lol: . How do you feel about picks #5 & #7 for your #4 ? 👀👀 #HateHardApproved or Nah?

I'm not a Dream fan, I never was. I just live here. And my favorite active player in the WNBA just happened to play for the Dream. And now, she doesn't. I personally look forward to seeing Atlanta fail, as they go all-in on a player whose already proven (twice!) that she doesn't have what it takes to be the #1 option on a good team.

I may also be actively rooting for them to fail, because of their MAGAt ownership.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/13/20 1:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Silky you’ve been under the radar since the Lori Ann signing. Wishing the best for you and the dream sincerely I miss your shade Laughing . How do you feel about picks #5 & #7 for your #4 ? 👀👀 #HateHardApproved or Nah?

I'm not a Dream fan, I never was. I just live here. And my favorite active player in the WNBA just happened to play for the Dream. And now, she doesn't. I personally look forward to seeing Atlanta fail, as they go all-in on a player whose already proven (twice!) that she doesn't have what it takes to be the #1 option on a good team.

I may also be actively rooting for them to fail, because of their MAGAt ownership.

Dream Junkie #HateHardApproved Laughing Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 13 of 30

Jump to: