RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coaches' Seats Getting Warm, and Why
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayK

PostPosted: 02/11/20 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I heard she signed a six-year contract originally, and if that's the case, I don't see them buying her out.

She works hard -- she was at a high school game in the Bay Area last night.

PostPosted: 02/11/20 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I guess it comes down to whether Washington's AD gives a hoot about WBB. It usually does.

PostPosted: 02/11/20 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I have no qualms about her as a person - she really values hard work/effort, the concept of role models, and getting the student-athletes ready for life after college. It's just the on-the-court stuff many including I have problems with. No results from a bad approach.

TechDawgMc

PostPosted: 02/25/20 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
PRballer wrote:
After their WVU drubbing on the road, which is impressive, I imagine if they keep up this pace they are safely in the NCAAs and she can rebound on the recruiting trail with her new staff. Coquese and Jackie are not slouches.

Yeah, the worm has turned (for the worse) in Norman, but given her history and current surge, I think she's quite safe as long as she stays in the top half of the Big 12....and certainly, if they can make the Big Dance this year.

So now they're in a three way tie for 7th place (which also means next-to-last). And aren't likely to finish better than 7-11 in conference. The only way they make the tourney with that record is if they can beat Baylor in the conference tourney-unlikely. Do you think her seat is back to hot or will her past still carry her another couple of years?

Howee

PostPosted: 02/25/20 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TechDawgMc wrote:
Howee wrote:
PRballer wrote:
After their WVU drubbing on the road, which is impressive, I imagine if they keep up this pace they are safely in the NCAAs and she can rebound on the recruiting trail with her new staff. Coquese and Jackie are not slouches.

Yeah, the worm has turned (for the worse) in Norman, but given her history and current surge, I think she's quite safe as long as she stays in the top half of the Big 12....and certainly, if they can make the Big Dance this year.

So now they're in a three way tie for 7th place (which also means next-to-last). And aren't likely to finish better than 7-11 in conference. The only way they make the tourney with that record is if they can beat Baylor in the conference tourney-unlikely. Do you think her seat is back to hot or will her past still carry her another couple of years?

Oh, yeah....their few flashes of brilliance this season, and her history will continue to carry her, I'm certain.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: