PostPosted: 02/10/20 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Who is exactly is the GM of the Sparks?

Michael Fischer is the one making the decisions

PostPosted: 02/10/20 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KMFT is coming home??????

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/10/20 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder how BayBay and Sykes will be as teammates. I could see some 'sparks' flying there.

- Amanda Gorman
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 02/10/20 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I wonder how BayBay and Sykes will be as teammates. I could see some 'sparks' flying there.

With Bay Bay's legal issues she may not be back.
What's their issue tho??

PostPosted: 02/10/20 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

With Bay Bay's legal issues she may not be back.
What's their issue tho??

Don't recall any issue with them, but maybe I missed it. Anybody know where R. Williams' court case stands?

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 02/11/20 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very excited to have Toliver back! A nice consolation price after not getting Angel. Also, while I liked Kalani Brown, getting an athletic wing in Sykes (plus Gulich) is a good trade for us.

Next step will be to fill the 3 position as Sykes may be undersized. My first preference would be TRP. IF not her, then Stricklen would be a good fit.

Our post rotation remains set with Nneka, Candace, Chiney, Vadeeva, and Gulich. Our 1-3 rotation is going to be busy and a lot of question marks remain (Jones? Wiese? Mabrey?), but having Gray and Toliver starting in the backcourt together will be a good fit.
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 02/11/20 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Very excited to have Toliver back! A nice consolation price after not getting Angel. Also, while I liked Kalani Brown, getting an athletic wing in Sykes (plus Gulich) is a good trade for us.

Next step will be to fill the 3 position as Sykes may be undersized. My first preference would be TRP. IF not her, then Stricklen would be a good fit.

Our post rotation remains set with Nneka, Candace, Chiney, Vadeeva, and Gulich. Our 1-3 rotation is going to be busy and a lot of question marks remain (Jones? Wiese? Mabrey?), but having Gray and Toliver starting in the backcourt together will be a good fit.

I hope we can re-sign TRP, but if we could afford Stricklen Id snatch her up quickly. Although we have KT back, we could sure use Stricklen's touch from 3. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Williams and if Iagupova shows ups. If Iagupova shows I'd put us as the favorite. She's a baller. Having her come off the bench with Vadeeva would be nice.

Gray/ (Jones or backup pg)
Toliver/ Williams?? (Weise/Mabrey)
Sykes/ (TRP/Stricklen/Iagupova)
CP3/ Ogwumike
Ogwumike/ Vadeeva / (Gulich/Tolo)

PostPosted: 02/11/20 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 has been studying.
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=97620&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=26

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 02/11/20 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welcome back KT!

Toler is gone & Kristi is back hmm. If Penny costed LA at chance at a repeat Rolling Eyes

I like the addition of Sykes for LA. She is welcome to have RWilliam mins all of them for my stake.

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 02/11/20 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, TRP has re-signed as well!
jap

PostPosted: 02/11/20 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
Yes, TRP has re-signed as well!

Good!!! We need our defensive stopper, ... and one personally mentored by Alana too.

PostPosted: 02/12/20 1:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My favorite Spark is back.

willtalk

PostPosted: 02/12/20 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like all these moves so far. The Sparks lacked a consistent shooting guard last season. Add the fact that they didn't have a halfway decent backup point and that makes the signing a perfect fit.

Now they just need to find some way to unload Parker for some future picks and it would be a really good offseason. They have no real reason to carry Parker as a liability anymore. Her production * when she gives it ) decreases every year.

PostPosted: 02/12/20 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
I like all these moves so far. The Sparks lacked a consistent shooting guard last season. Add the fact that they didn't have a halfway decent backup point and that makes the signing a perfect fit.

Now they just need to find some way to unload Parker for some future picks and it would be a really good offseason. They have no real reason to carry Parker as a liability anymore. Her production * when she gives it ) decreases every year.

Blasphemy. As long as CP3 wants to be in LA she'll be here. Hopefully retire in purple and gold.

PostPosted: 02/12/20 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
willtalk wrote:

Blasphemy. As long as CP3 wants to be in LA she'll be here. Hopefully retire in purple and gold.

I like CP, and when she wants to play hard, shes one of the best in the world. Problem is, sometimes she plays like she doesnt give two shits.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/12/20 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
willtalk wrote:

I like CP, and when she wants to play hard, shes one of the best in the world. Problem is, sometimes she plays like she doesnt give two shits.

There's always the option of her hometown franchise, Chicago. They certainly could use her star power (whether James Wade knows it or not).

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 02/12/20 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like having TRP still on the team.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/13/20 3:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since Marie Gülich was traded to LA and seemingly reunited with her college teammate Syd Wiese, I thought one/the other/both would tweet about their excitement. Instead, neither has - and they both individually have tweeted since the trade happened. Very possible it's just me trying to read something that isn't anything, but who knows - maybe they know that they'll get re-split up again...

(Gülich's twitter account)
(Wiese's twitter account)

ClayK

PostPosted: 02/13/20 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Since Marie Gülich was traded to LA and seemingly reunited with her college teammate Syd Wiese, I thought one/the other/both would tweet about their excitement. Instead, neither has - and they both individually have tweeted since the trade happened. Very possible it's just me trying to read something that isn't anything, but who knows - maybe they know that they'll get re-split up again...

Just because people were teammates doesn't mean they were best buds ... or even like each other that much. Not saying anything about this situation, but it's the same with the whole "going home" trope -- it sort of sounds nice, but may be more negative than positive.

PostPosted: 02/13/20 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

It’s possible they texted each other privately. Everything doesn’t have to be on social media.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/13/20 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Just because people were teammates doesn't mean they were best buds ... or even like each other that much. Not saying anything about this situation, but it's the same with the whole "going home" trope -- it sort of sounds nice, but may be more negative than positive.

It certainly appeared that they were pretty close at OrSU.

- Amanda Gorman
Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/13/20 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

To clarify, I didn't mean to insinuate that I thought they were feuding/not friends; I meant that it could be a sign that one of them (probably Wiese since Gülich just got there) gets traded before the season starts.

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 02/13/20 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Roster Thoughts:
-Alexis Jones has to go.
-Not sure if both Wiese and Mabrey will make the team
-I like Williams as a spark off the bench (pun intended)
-Not sure if you start TRP or Sykes. TRP could be great in the starting 5 as she doesn't need to provide much offense and can just focus on D. On the other hand, bringing her off the bench could be good for some grit.
-Toliver solves two problems, a great shooting guard as well as running PG while Gray is resting.

Gray/Wiese/Mabrey
Toliver/Williams
Sykes/TRP
N. Ogwumike/Vadeeva
Parker/C. Ogwumike/Gulich
Shades

PostPosted: 02/13/20 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn’t mind Wiese on the Lynx as a backup, if all else fails. She has Minnesota connections and she seems like a great person.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 02/13/20 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I wouldn’t mind Wiese on the Lynx as a backup, if all else fails. She has Minnesota connections and she seems like a great person.

She is a capable player. While she is not great on defense, her effort and hustle appeared to increase a lot last year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 11 of 18

Jump to: