Board Junkies Forums

Las Vegas Aces 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/10/20 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TigerVol wrote:
I think you may be surprised.

Angel wants to win and she has shown the ability to play a role when necessary (see coming of the bench for the Olympics). I may be wrong but LV probably gets someone closer to Olympic angel.

She is equally apt to pass or shoot and - where it can go south is if she feels or needs to be in constant super woman mode game in and out...shouldnt be an issue in Las Vegas and if it is there are bigger issues.

She is great with fans and especially kids - Angel likes to be liked. She will love all of the marketing support and will be good for the team on that front.

As long as Las Vegas is winning I imagine things will be all good.

Where it could get interesting is if they somehow don't.

I find myself excited for the potential of this Aces team this year: If Cambage comes over, after the Olympics, they should be the title favorite. I only see LA or a healthy Seattle even giving them a challenge.

Very happy for Angel. For all the slander about "cancer" this, that and a third, she's proven that she can get along well with other talented players, and she's going to a team that has at least two players that are better than anybody and everybody she's ever played with in her WNBA career (three, if Cambage doesn't take the year off). And, freed of the burden of having to do everything for the team, I'd expect her to have a very good all-around season; wouldn't be surprised to see her as the primary ball handler, with Plum playing off the ball. Even if Cambage doesn't come back, I'd expect Wilson to be in the running for MVP, with how much easier McCoughtry is going to make the game for her.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
ClayK

PostPosted: 02/11/20 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Presumably both Laimbeer and McCoughtry have talked and know what they're both getting into. If they can make it work, it will bring out the best in McCoughtry and the Aces.

PostPosted: 02/11/20 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Presumably both Laimbeer and McCoughtry have talked and know what they're both getting into. If they can make it work, it will bring out the best in McCoughtry and the Aces.

+1

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/13/20 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:

I was a little surprised at first to see the Aces at lottery-team-level salary. But then I realized Plum & Wilson are still on their rookie deals and the Aces currently have just a three-person bench. Colson just left for Chicago. Prince, Rodgers, Swords, and T. Young are all complete question marks to re-sign. Even an easy move like bringing Lindsay Allen back hasn't happened yet. Who comes back, who doesn't, and who's brought in?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/13/20 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A chart like that doesn’t do much good unless you know which players are signed which aren’t.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/13/20 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

I was a little surprised at first to see the Aces at lottery-team-level salary. But then I realized Plum & Wilson are still on their rookie deals and the Aces currently have just a three-person bench. Colson just left for Chicago. Prince, Rodgers, Swords, and T. Young are all complete question marks to re-sign. Even an easy move like bringing Lindsay Allen back hasn't happened yet. Who comes back, who doesn't, and who's brought in?

Also, they hope, cut 215k off the space for signing Cambage.

PostPosted: 02/13/20 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
A chart like that doesn’t do much good unless you know which players are signed which aren’t.

I disagree; what it's good for is figuring out which teams still have room to sign whoever else is out there, as well as accommodating draft picks/others post-draft. A team like Vegas has room for a few more free agents, but it's highly likely a team like LA won't be signing anyone until after the draft.

Last edited by Stormeo on 02/13/20 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/13/20 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Also, they hope, cut 215k off the space for signing Cambage.

Now how did I forget Cambage still hasn't re-signed Laughing

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/13/20 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Shades wrote:

I disagree; what it's good for is figuring out which teams still have room to sign whoever else is out there, as well as accommodating draft picks/others post-draft. A team like Vegas has room for several more free agents, but it's highly likely a team like LA won't be signing anyone until after the draft.

You get it. Idea

PostPosted: 02/13/20 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Shades wrote:

I disagree; what it's good for is figuring out which teams still have room to sign whoever else is out there, as well as accommodating draft picks/others post-draft. A team like Vegas has room for a few more free agents, but it's highly likely a team like LA won't be signing anyone until after the draft.

Free agency is a continuously fluid situation. Is Bird factored in the chart or not? Who would know?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/13/20 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Shades wrote:
A chart like that doesn’t do much good unless you know which players are signed [and] which aren’t.

Free agency is a continuously fluid situation. Is Bird factored in the chart or not? Who would know?

I'd assume not, since nothing official with her has happened. Look, is it perfect? No. It's just a rough snapshot estimate, but it gives us more insight realistically on if a team can sign more free agents or not.

Maybe that means it's not good for anything; I and others at least find it helpful, whatever that means to you. For the sake of argument, if you really want to be right about it not being good for anything, then I'll let you be right & we'll be done with it. Laughing

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/16/20 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Aces sign Danielle Robinson to a one-year deal.

Good move for D-Rob. Megdal says it's for $130k. Have to believe she was told up front that she'd be a bench player on this team. Laimbeer wouldn't bench Plum again, right? (At least at the onset of the season)

pilight

PostPosted: 02/16/20 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would assume Robinson is taking Colson's role

PostPosted: 02/16/20 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could see teams lining up if L.Allen is waived

Everyone needs a good back up pg

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/16/20 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Unless the January thing gets done she might start in Minnesota.

PostPosted: 02/16/20 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Strange move since they already have Plum and Young. Maybe one of them is on the way out?

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/16/20 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Strange move since they already have Plum and Young. Maybe one of them is on the way out?

I don't think so. Colson was the back up pg and is now with the Sky. Like Pilight said, she's just her replacement.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/16/20 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

I don't think so. Colson was the back up pg and is now with the Sky. Like Pilight said, she's just her replacement.

But they didn’t have McCoughtry, which is most likely moving Young to the bench. Which is why it’s interesting that they signed Robinson when you have Young that can fill the back-up spot.

Maybe Laimbeer plans to use Young as a 2-3?

PostPosted: 02/16/20 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

But they didn’t have McCoughtry, which is most likely moving Young to the bench. Which is why it’s interesting that they signed Robinson when you have Young that can fill the back-up spot.

Good luck to Bill in using a bench unit with no shooting again. Good to know this team still won't be a real threat

pilight

PostPosted: 02/16/20 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

One suspects they wanted a veteran backup PG.

Young's shooting will need to improve quite a bit to get time at the 2 or 3.

PostPosted: 02/16/20 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

REEVE!

Wouldn’t want to pay Laimbeer prices for her though. Just wait for him to cut her maybe.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/16/20 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
One suspects they wanted a veteran backup PG.

Makes sense when you have championship aspirations.

pilight wrote:
Young's shooting will need to improve quite a bit to get time at the 2 or 3.

So where is she going to be used?

PostPosted: 02/16/20 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I would assume Robinson is taking Colson's role

I can’t really see her singing “Lady Aces” at the top of her lungs.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/16/20 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

REEVE!

Wouldn’t want to pay Laimbeer prices for her though. Just wait for him to cut her maybe.

Sorry but Atlanta is way ahead of Lynx on the waiver wire, and they need a PG better than Montgomery and Cazorla, which is not a very high bar.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/16/20 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Plum to Minnesota? I’m kinda feeling it a little bit if she doesn’t cost too much. Reeve is familiar with Plum from Team USA, and Plum has been showing signs of toughness lately. Hmmm...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17

Jump to: