PostPosted: 02/10/20 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Sims is pregnant

And having BD issues as well best of luck though whatever she decides . #Cancer

I must be the only person in the world who doesn't know what BD means? lol

No. There were two of us.....I googled. Look up Baby Dance.....

Baby Daddy lol

PostPosted: 02/10/20 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not really a problem anyway. She could play all season long like Skylar..... Razz But then with full pay, why would she?

toad455

PostPosted: 02/10/20 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's a couple of tweets out there saying Hartley to Minnesota, but nothing is confirmed.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 02/10/20 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Sims is pregnant

Boy did I ever guess wrong

I thought it was like BDE

PostPosted: 02/10/20 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Sims is pregnant

Welllllllll even under that context, the "D" part of that acronym still would've been relevant as it relates to pregnancy. Embarassed Laughing

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/10/20 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Sims is pregnant

Welllllllll even under that context, the "D" part of that acronym still would've been relevant as it relates to pregnancy. Embarassed Laughing

Screaming Laughing Laughing

Pilight I'm shocked Wink

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/10/20 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Bria Hartley thing started up because of a poorly written tweet by a well followed WNBA supporter. She was just speculating but the way it came across was her saying it happened. So it got re-tweeted a bunch and grew some legs. She clarified shortly after.

PostPosted: 02/10/20 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Sims is pregnant

Im screaming BDE energy !

Screaming Laughing Laughing

Pilight I'm shocked Wink
Laughing

PostPosted: 02/10/20 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about this idea... Sun make another trade... Banham and the #10 overall pick for the #6 overall pick ? You need a good photo bomber, yes ?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/10/20 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RI_Sun_Fan wrote:
How about this idea... Sun make another trade... Banham and the #10 overall pick for the #6 overall pick ? You need a good photo bomber, yes ?

Pass.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Davis4632

PostPosted: 02/11/20 7:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rebekkah Brunson is expected to join the Lynx coaching staff as an assistant coach.

http://www.startribune.com/rebekkah-brunson-will-join-lynx-coaching-staff/567751812/

toad455

PostPosted: 02/11/20 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Rebekkah Brunson is expected to join the Lynx coaching staff as an assistant coach.

http://www.startribune.com/rebekkah-brunson-will-join-lynx-coaching-staff/567751812/

Three former Lynx players as assistants. Smart move by Reeve. Pierson, Smith & Brunson. I guess Augustus will keep playing until another spot on the staff opens up.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 02/11/20 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s another player we don’t have to worry about Reeve playing beyond the expiration date.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/11/20 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
It’s another player we don’t have to worry about Reeve playing beyond the expiration date.

+1

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/11/20 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:

#Monarchs4Life

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/19/20 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who is going to play guard for the Lynx this year? Their roster looks pretty blank. Maybe Collier will have to play PG. Very Happy

- Amanda Gorman
Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/20/20 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Who is going to play guard for the Lynx this year? Their roster looks pretty blank. Maybe Collier will have to play PG. Very Happy

There are differing opinions on the Free Agency thread on whether or not the Sun will match a supposed Lynx offer sheet for Rachel Banham. If the Lynx overpay for her, the Sun probably won't.

Otherwise: No Moore again for who knows how long. Augustus coming back is a question mark. Sims' availability due to her pregnancy is at the very least a question mark. Karima Christmas-Kelly's health is a lingering question mark, but she's damn near uncuttable due to the at-the-time hefty guaranteed 3(?)-year deal she signed before 2019's season. Shepard's ACL recovery makes her a question mark. Beyond that, the Lynx have a multitude of non-US players to keep track of. Dantas, Fagbenle (still Reserved), and Zandalasini (still Reserved) should all be available the entire season since none of their home countries' teams made it to the Olympics. We can probably cross off at least one if not two of Talbot, Cruz (still Reserved), and Carleton (still Reserved) - each seem to have their own availability nuances. I mean, we really can't even project the positions of the current roster given how many question-mark players and unsigned players there are with this team!

Amongst all that, there's the general question of the PG position, as DRob signed with Vegas. Even if the Lynx successfully sign Banham, is she PG-material? People have already debated if Brown is, seemingly without much consensus. And then in the middle of all this are the headliner players, Collier and Fowles. Maybe both of them in different instances find themselves playing PG this year. Wink

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/20/20 12:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So many picks have been exchanged, I have no idea who still has what pick in the upcoming draft. I guess the Lynx will be able to get one of the PGs coming out and hope for the best.

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/20/20 1:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sims fell in their lap last year, I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of lead guard does that again this year, whether it's Lindsay Allen for the #14 or whatever. We've certainly seen an endless stream of Point Guard Xs flow through teams over the years. What's Brianna Kiesel up to? Tiffany Bias? Arica Carter? They had Kenisha Bell briefly last season, can she play point? Or there's that collection of rookies we've talked about (Dangerfield/Harris/Moore/Cooper), at least one of whom might end up on the waiver wire even if Minnesota don't take one themselves at #6 or #14.

I hope Zandalasini shows up this year, which would at least give them someone who can play the 2, but there'll be some options to fill out the guards along the way (even if they're not necessarily great options).

PostPosted: 02/20/20 1:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Sims fell in their lap last year, I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of lead guard does that again this year, whether it's Lindsay Allen for the #14 or whatever. We've certainly seen an endless stream of Point Guard Xs flow through teams over the years. What's Brianna Kiesel up to? Tiffany Bias? Arica Carter? They had Kenisha Bell briefly last season, can she play point? Or there's that collection of rookies we've talked about (Dangerfield/Harris/Moore/Cooper), at least one of whom might end up on the waiver wire even if Minnesota don't take one themselves at #6 or #14.

I hope Zandalasini shows up this year, which would at least give them someone who can play the 2, but there'll be some options to fill out the guards along the way (even if they're not necessarily great options).

What the Lynx seem to have, above anything else, is a vast collection of true SFs - especially if one includes Collier, and even if Moore's excluded! Collier, Talbot, Zandalasini, KCK, Carleton - they all might be there in training camp! I can see Reeve cutting Carleton and trading either Talbot or Zandalasini, as the team really only needs Collier and two others (in which one of those others will in all likelihood be KCK by default). Though if anyone can prove not to be too clunky to play&defend SG, keep 'em. The other four positions of the roster are lookin' sparse AF by comparison.

I'd like to see Kenisha Bell back in their/someone's camp. I remember she had a fabulous junior year in former Gopher coach Stollings' last year at the U of M. 20 PPG, 6.8 APG, her best shooting %s of her career (42% FG, 35% 3PT), 2.5 SPG. Ironically, playing under Whalen ended up hurting her numbers across the board and really dropped her draft stock. I'm sure the adjustment was rough, especially as the PG. And we all know there's been drama this year - maybe it's been brewing since last year, who knows. All in all, I think Bell deserves another chance.

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/20/20 2:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well Zandalasini can play the 2, and Collier easily swings between the 3/4.

As for Anna Cruz, she posted this on Instagram back on Feb 11:

So between whatever this is and the Olympics, I would guess she's not coming over this year.

PostPosted: 02/20/20 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spooner and I were talking about Vegas guards in another thread.
Right now Vegas has 6 players listed as guards on the roster.
They even have Lindsay Allen listed on the roster, even though she’s not officially signed. That maybe telling. This roster gets updated frequently because Musina is already listed.

Laimbeer is not a 6 guard kind of coach. He loves his bigs. By the way, Jackie Young is listed as a straight guard, not a G-F.

Jackie Young has three years of being cheap left.
This is Plum’s last year of being cheap.
Is Plum part of the high-dollar core of Vegas’ future?
If not, might as well trade her this year, or before the next year.
If they trade her this year, they can keep the remaining 5 guards that they have now.

Laimbeer hasn’t signed Tamera Young as of yet, much to myrtle’s glee.
If he’s ready to move on from TYoung, the Lynx have a plethora of SF available for a Plum trade.

Christmas for Plum? It works for me and Christmas would be on the old scale for two more seasons.
Zandalasini for Plum? Again this works for me. She has nice size for a player with guard skills, plus she’s nearly half the price of Christmas.
Talbot for Plum? Like Plum, Talbot has one more year of being cheap. But Talbot is less likely to demand a huge sum in the future. She’s not a #1 pick, but she’s still a very useful player.

I’d rather keep the #6 pick for BPA if possible. It’s more than what I’d like to pay for Plum. But if it were Plum + Allen for #6, I’d be all-in.

Maybe Laimbeer would be more interested in Minnesota’s 2021 first round pick, since nearly everyone who has showed an opinion seems to think the Lynx are a lottery team.

A freebie that is out there is Bentley. Why trade for Banham when you can get Bentley for free? I know Banham would be a great promotional thing, but I’d rather go for winning instead.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/20/20 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vegas needs to keep Plum because they need someone other than McBride who can actually shoot.

- Amanda Gorman
Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/20/20 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
A freebie that is out there is Bentley. Why trade for Banham when you can get Bentley for free? I know Banham would be a great promotional thing, but I’d rather go for winning instead.

There are reasons plural that she's "free". Last year's horrific numbers aside, she still hasn't shot over 40% from the field or over 33% from 3 since her 3rd season (2015). From 2016-2018 she shot 38% from the field. Her best stat might be her ATO; it ain't her APG since she's never averaged more than 4 per game, so it'd be hard to see how she's a difference-maker at PG. But of course, she's not a good enough shooter to be a true SG.

She's played 7 years in the league - at this point, she ain't getting any better than her career numbers, and there's no guarantee she even gets back to that.

And then there's the chance she gets into physical drama with another teammate. Rolling Eyes So add it all together, and she has plenty more cons than pros. I'd be shocked if Cheryl Reeve of all people were to take a chance on that kind of high-risk low-reward player. It would honestly be a damn shame if we really saw her play another game in this league.

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/20/20 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of course Banham is looking to be in really good shape right now...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8U8WPTnt2p/?igshid=5e1nowwqd0g2

If they try and sign her just because they missed on other players and are trying to throw fans a bone by bringing a "hometown favorite" back and overpay for her, it would be bad.

But if they got her on a reasonable contract she is a player that has a ton of upside that has been limited due to injury and playtime that could perhaps break out in a new environment.

IMHO any signing of Banham comes down to the terms of the contract on whether or not it's a good/bad decision.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 10 of 29

Jump to: