RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Memphis @ 4 UConn 7pE SNY/espn3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/07/20 10:01 am    ::: Memphis @ 4 UConn 7pE SNY/espn3 Reply Reply with quote

Gampel Pavilion
Storrs, CT

PostPosted: 02/07/20 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

can you hear Geno saying "we have Makarat and you don't"? Very Happy

- Amanda Gorman
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/07/20 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Makurat, first name Ania but usually called Anna.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/07/20 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gadzooks, a hook shot by Ododa!!!

Missed the first three minutes. Has the era of fake starting Irwin mercifully ended?
linkster

PostPosted: 02/07/20 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

54-23 at the half. Refreshing to see them dominate a bottom level team for a change.

The 2 freshman lead the team in rebounds and assists and the 2 sophomores lead the scoring with half the points. Happier days ahead?

It took 3 months but Makurat doesn't play like a freshman anymore.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/07/20 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Gadzooks, a hook shot by Ododa!!!

Missed the first three minutes. Has the era of fake starting Irwin mercifully ended?

I do believe Makurat has sent Irwin to the bench for the remainder of her Uconn career. Well at least until senior night Laughing

Earlier in the season Walker looked a lottery pick, not sure what's happened as of late.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/07/20 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, Irwin is benched.

Best we've looked in months, albeit vs Massey #150.

Still will get drilled in Columbia Monday, but this is good to see.

PostPosted: 02/07/20 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been critical lately but props tonight, especially for Ododa, Walker and Williams.

UConn is dead meat when Dangerfield is the primary scorer, a strong risk to lose when she is second, and a well-oiled machine when she is fourth like tonight. If UConn could ever get to the point where Dangerfield is the regular fifth scoring option, they would be a real Final Four threat.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/07/20 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I've been critical lately but props tonight, especially for Ododa, Walker and Williams.

UConn is dead meat when Dangerfield is the primary scorer, a strong risk to lose when she is second, and a well-oiled machine when she is fourth like tonight. If UConn could ever get to the point where Dangerfield is the regular fifth scoring option, they would be a real Final Four threat.

Problem is the others are not consistent enough for Dangerfield to be a regular 4th and 5th option. As a senior would you wait for lower classmen to make up there mind to be great or would you assume the role as best as possible?

PostPosted: 02/07/20 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Problem is the others are not consistent enough for Dangerfield to be a regular 4th and 5th option. As a senior would you wait for lower classmen to make up there mind to be great or would you assume the role as best as possible?

Probably true, but I did say "If". It should have been "If".
RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/08/20 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Charli Collier changing her mind and going to Texas, it really put UConn in a bind. Just like when Stevens bailed out and went to the WNBA.

Without the horses, you can't pull the wagon.

No answer Monday for Boston Creme Pie...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/08/20 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
With Charli Collier changing her mind and going to Texas, it really put UConn in a bind. Just like when Stevens bailed out and went to the WNBA.

Without the horses, you can't pull the wagon.

No answer Monday for Boston Creme Pie...

Yes i agree , i was just thinking with the recent recruiting mishaps and the exodus of azura stevens leaving early has really hit this team hard this year.

PostPosted: 02/08/20 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Makurat, first name Ania but usually called Anna.

Actually it's the other way around Smile

Glad to see Ania dropping dimes left and right. A freshman coming off the bench is averaging 3apg, has 1.76a/to rate in 25mpg while not being a PG any time on the floor. Dangerfield has 4.1apg in 35mpg. That's very mature of her - shots not falling? Give an assist. I wonder how much that is a personal game attitude, how much European style not forcing shots and how much good pro team and coach experience.

And she will get only better at this. Having the right shot selection is a huge thing.

http://www.bigdynia.pl - Basket Gdynia
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 02/08/20 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The first time CT played Memphis on their floor, they seemed to start sluggishly. They let Memphis take the game to them, and the Tigers out-scored the Huskies in the 1st Period. CT had to claw back in each succeeding quarter to end up winning by 12 or 14 like they did.

In this game, it was Connecticut who jumped on Memphis first at home. They dominated the entire 1st half, and ran away with the game, which they probably should have done in Game #1, but didn't.

I think I found the reason why:

The first game, they had just lost to Baylor for their first loss of the season, in demoralizing fashion. Their feelings hurt, they took out their anger on hapless Houston in the very next game, and routed them by 40 at home, 91-51.

Their rage spent and their honor redeemed, they rolled into Memphis after the Houston game, and struggled to find the energy to muster against the Tigers. They shot their wad.

Now here, again Connecticut loses at home in humiliating fashion to Oregon. And, again, they have their next hapless foe to suffer the brunt of their rage and demand for revenge - this time, Memphis at home. And as with Houston before, the Huskies routed the Tigers by 39, 94-55.

So now with their anger dissipated and spent, their muscles and bodies relaxed and flaccid, they take to the road again, and roll into Columbia, SC to face the #1-ranked South Carolina Gamecocks.

Hmmmm......

Twisted Evil

linkster

PostPosted: 02/09/20 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
The first time CT played Memphis on their floor, they seemed to start sluggishly. They let Memphis take the game to them, and the Tigers out-scored the Huskies in the 1st Period. CT had to claw back in each succeeding quarter to end up winning by 12 or 14 like they did.

In this game, it was Connecticut who jumped on Memphis first at home. They dominated the entire 1st half, and ran away with the game, which they probably should have done in Game #1, but didn't.

The first game, they had just lost to Baylor for their first loss of the season, in demoralizing fashion. Their feelings hurt, they took out their anger on hapless Houston in the very next game, and routed them by 40 at home, 91-51.

Their rage spent and their honor redeemed, they rolled into Memphis after the Houston game, and struggled to find the energy to muster against the Tigers. They shot their wad.

Now here, again Connecticut loses at home in humiliating fashion to Oregon. And, again, they have their next hapless foe to suffer the brunt of their rage and demand for revenge - this time, Memphis at home. And as with Houston before, the Huskies routed the Tigers by 39, 94-55.

So now with their anger dissipated and spent, their muscles and bodies relaxed and flaccid, they take to the road again, and roll into Columbia, SC to face the #1-ranked South Carolina Gamecocks.

Hmmmm......

Twisted Evil

I would be shocked if S Car lost but I also would think that their fans would remember their own misguided bravado prior to the last several meetings with UConn. Rolling Eyes
Your comment is not really bravado. More like a lack of confidence in your team winning even if UConn brings their A game, such as it is.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/09/20 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

Hmmmm......

Twisted Evil

I would be shocked if S Car lost but I also would think that their fans would remember their own misguided bravado prior to the last several meetings with UConn. Rolling Eyes
Your comment is not really bravado. More like a lack of confidence in your team winning even if UConn brings their A game, such as it is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: