RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Team USA @ Louisville - 2/02/20
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/03/20 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Okay, whose job is it to reboot @WNBA 09?

Idk how the he’ll that posted 4 times but I’m glad it did and if I could post a 5th time silky:lol: Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 02/04/20 2:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Havent seen the games but noticed in the posts on here that noone was complaining about over the hill Bird being on the team. I guess she played oke then Question

Does she look ready for the wnba season or have they said anything about her being on a minute restriction?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
willtalk

PostPosted: 02/04/20 2:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Havent seen the games but noticed in the posts on here that noone was complaining about over the hill Bird being on the team. I guess she played oke then Question

Does she look ready for the wnba season or have they said anything about her being on a minute restriction?

I saw all the games and she was moving alright. She certainly is not at the level she was on two seasons ago but then that is to be expected from someone her age. I was the one complaining about over the hill Bird and DT being on the team. Bird has looked much better than DT especially on defense, but the Louisville guard was eating her alive. Of course that same guard did the same to Diggins.

For the USA team, she can still be valuable as a shooter when she is on, but when she plays the point the offense runs slower and less efficient. That has been the general pattern for every game. Not just in the Uconn and Louisville games but in the previous ones, the runs are made with both her and DT on the bench. I could not say if it is because they are still recovering from injuries, but when you get old sometimes you just don't ever get back to your initial state.

PostPosted: 02/04/20 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Birdy has had an awesome career but yeah, she's a step or two slower than she was, which was already pretty slow as far as defense goes. And it does look like the team is 'better' when she's on the bench though in this game her ability to hit the three was useful. Amongst the oldsters, Fowles still looks good. It's nice to see Stewie looking Stewie-like. Angel and SDS are still in 'recovery' mode, or so it looks. The three that clearly belong on the team here are Fowles, Stewie, and Nneka. Probably Aja too. None of the guards stood out much though C. Gray certainly had a nice game here. She too always looks 'slow' but I guess 'deliberate' is a better word for her game.

- Amanda Gorman
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/04/20 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Havent seen the games but noticed in the posts on here that noone was complaining about over the hill Bird being on the team. I guess she played oke then :?:

You continue to do the math all the way wrong on this: even if she can occasionally still play doesn't mean that she deserves and/or has the right to be on the team. There are other women who can play, who aren't also forty years old, and exhibitions like these are exactly the sort of games that they should be playing in, in order to develop chemistry and experience with the other NT members, if they're even being considered for the future.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/05/20 2:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

You continue to do the math all the way wrong on this: even if she can occasionally still play doesn't mean that she deserves and/or has the right to be on the team. There are other women who can play, who aren't also forty years old, and exhibitions like these are exactly the sort of games that they should be playing in, in order to develop chemistry and experience with the other NT members, if they're even being considered for the future.

Gray and Diggins both played in these games. Who should of played then? Clarendon? Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/05/20 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Gray and Diggins both played in these games. Who should of (sic) played then? Clarendon? :lol:

How about somebody who's more likely to be playing for the USWNT in Paris than Sue Bird?

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/05/20 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Gray and Diggins both played in these games. Who should of (sic) played then? Clarendon? Laughing

How about somebody who's more likely to be playing for the USWNT in Paris than Sue Bird?

The problem is they're all playing overseas

- Amanda Gorman
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/05/20 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Okay? Doesn't that also apply to some of the other women playing in these exhibitions?

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/05/20 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Okay? Doesn't that also apply to some of the other women playing in these exhibitions?

yeah, but they've made the extra effort or coordinated with their teams or had good agents or.... which is also why some of them will have a better shot at making the team...like Plum.

- Amanda Gorman
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/05/20 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
yeah, but they've made the extra effort or coordinated with their teams or had good agents or.... which is also why some of them will have a better shot at making the team...like Plum.

Would you be willing to stipulate that players might be likelier to "make the extra effort" if the USWNT wasn't so incestual with how it selects their players?

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/05/20 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Would you be willing to stipulate that players might be likelier to "make the extra effort" if the USWNT wasn't so incestual with how it selects their players?

X________

Vandersloot, Toliver, etc etc all saw the handwriting on the wall

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/05/20 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
myrtle wrote:

yep. I agree. It makes me sick actually. And the BS reasons they give for doing so is pretty disgusting. It's one of the reasons I think any particular player shouldn't play in more than two olympics.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: