RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

"My College Experience" - Klara Bradshaw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/24/20 8:55 pm    ::: "My College Experience" - Klara Bradshaw Reply Reply with quote

This 2-part blog - My College Experience - by Klara Bradshaw (SMU), has been bouncing around WBB social media down here today. Sad stuff.

PostPosted: 01/25/20 3:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very sobering read. Glad she shared her story. I must say, Bradshaw putting those pics up of herself in TCU and SMU garb made it very easy to look her up and see who she was referencing... Real d*ck move for Jeff Mittie to do his TCU club like that. A damn shame that Raegan Pebley, a true center herself, couldn't find a way to fit in a fellow big girl into her playing system. But Travis Mays, sir... if you really truly said that sh*t, I absolutely hope it comes back to haunt you for the rest of your life. Evil or Very Mad And I'm sure there are things said & done out there in these college athletic programs just as bad/worse that we don't and never will hear about.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/25/20 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are always at least two sides to anything like this, but yeah, if he actually said those things - especially horrible is the reference to suicide, which is a huge problem today among young people - then no way should that person be a head coach.

- Amanda Gorman
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/25/20 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks Stormeo. I was hoping someone would fill in some blanks.

PostPosted: 01/26/20 1:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Thanks Stormeo. I was hoping someone would fill in some blanks.

Very Happy I'm always willing & ready to put a b**** on blast, tbh. Thanks for posting the article - I'm not sure I would've ever come across it otherwise.

I wish more pro-/student-athletes blogged about their experiences. I enjoyed reading about Nicole Kornet's experiences at Oklahoma & UCLA on her blog from a couple years ago, for example.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 01/26/20 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very disappointing story, but also not surprising. There's always a thin line between a coaching staff finding ways over and over again how to inspire, fire up, and drive their students to push the boundaries within themselves on the fields of athletic endeavor, and achieve success, if not greatness - and between that staff going too far and causing damage instead. Being an accomplished athletic like Mays was in the NBA doesn't always translate into being an accomplished teacher of others in the same sport.

It doesn't look like Mays is putting up much of a strong argument for himself - he led SMU to a decent WNIT season in his 1st year, but they've gone 29-49 in the 2.75 seasons since. His players may not have to worry about him much longer, if that keeps up....

Howee

PostPosted: 01/26/20 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very compelling story from one articulate young lady, who had the gumption to compose it; hopefully, this may encourage others like her to open up about that kind of shit.

I can't even imagine how often this scenario plays out, especially in the lesser-profile schools where there's less focus and attention on such affairs.

Thank you for that Nicole Kornet blog. I had long thought that there might have been a problem between her and Coale, and I'm certainly glad she was able to fulfill her dream at UCLA.

PostPosted: 02/04/20 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Former players lament debilitating culture of Travis Mays’ women’s basketball program at SMU

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/smu-mustangs/2020/02/04/mentally-traumatic-former-players-lament-debilitating-culture-of-travis-mays-womens-basketball-program-at-smu/

Quote:
Mays later apologized to Bradshaw via text message. The News has seen a copy of the message.

“Excuse the poor judgement of words,” he wrote. “Sorry to upset you. That wasn’t my intention.”

PostPosted: 02/04/20 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mays said this knowing that Bradshaw's father had committed suicide. Think about that.

LitePal

PostPosted: 02/05/20 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe the AD will text him saying he's fired.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/05/20 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Mays said this knowing that Bradshaw's father had committed suicide. Think about that.

unforgivable from a coach!

- Amanda Gorman
summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/05/20 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Makes him look like a seriously sucky person. I've been around some very tough coaches but this guy is not tough, he's an (insert word I can't use on this board, but y'all can pick your own).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: