RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Democratic Presidential Primary Candidates 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/13/20 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 01/13/20 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cory Booker is suspending his campaign.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/16/20 4:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK I don't usually talk about politics on the boards as it stresses me out and I come here for fun and individually I like most of the democratic candidates but

THEY ARE SO FUCKING BORING!!!!

We need someone young, and modern, and inclusive and authentic that represents a new America and they are all so boring.

I hate Trump but even when he is lying I believe him, I believe he believes what he is saying even when he contradicts himself 10 seconds later in the same interview, when the democrats are talking I think even when they are speaking their truth they are trying to sell me something. like they had four handlers write their joke and tell them how to hold their hand the way that focus groups find the most appealing.

Biden and Bernie are so old, I am sorry I don't mean to be ageist but so old, if you just let them talk long enough they go from strong politician to reminecsing grandpa who had a couple drinks to someone you might not let drive at night. Styer is a cardboard cut out propped up by stacks of 1,000 dollar bills, how was he in the debate but Yang and Booker were not it ridiculous it is almost as if the democratic committee decide there was no way a person of color could beat Trump so they should knock them out before they even have a chance to let the voters decide, Tom Styer is like a decaf skim latte if it was a person, no not a decaf latte a decaf flat white for you Starbucks customers.

Klobochar, love her, but she is way too boring and reasonable to ever be President.

Warren, I like Warren she reminds me of my teachers from Brookline Mass where I grew up, when she actually has the time to explain her plans I totally bye it, but she is doing that Hillary thing where she is trying too hard to be liked that she keeps finessing her image and tweaking her policies to the point where you just don't believe her. I would love for there to be a first woman president, and I think the narrative that she is too far left is false we all know even the best Presidents now a days can only do about 5% of what they set out to do so why not shoot for the moon and then compromise. But even the moments where she is trying to be real come across as phony now, I don't blame her but it is going to cost her the primary unless she goes back to her best self, (people seem to be more forgiving of men who come across as full of shit), that didn't give a shit what people thought and truly wanted to make change for the better.

Buttigieg he could be that young modern America I am talking about, but he is the most middle of the road boring gay person ever. And yes I get it, it is AMAZING that there is a legit out gay Presidential candidate, and of course that candidate has to be a mid-western white man of faith, married, family values, from the military, representing the centrist lane of the democratic party but I just wish he'd say "Trump you stupid Bitch, you put kids in cage, pull out of Syria after a night of phone sex with Erdojan, trying to keep trans people out of the army even though you know they could kick your ass, you have a litmus test for only pro life judges really Mary, you don't actually give a shit about abortion and have probably paid for some, you're a corrupt, con man, bullshit artist, small dicked, misogynist, xenophobic, white supremacist, It's 2020 and we are going back to the future, so bye girl, bye!" That is the pissed off queen we need running for President.

SO without that modern, pissed off vision of an inclusive better future running on the democratic side I am scared to say that Trump is going to eat all these people's lunch, never apologize, and now that he has his base riled up over what will be this failed Impeachment he is going steamroll this current crop of democrats and win in 2020. Don't trust the polls, Before the impeachment the democrats could have run a broom with a sign that said "not Trump" built on the momentum of the midterms and won, but we have given Trump just what he needs to win, boring candidates, the mantle of being a victim, and a narrative that the liberal elite's hate the common man and would do anything to undermine their will.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me be wrong!

Also please don't flame me too much for this opinion I am just so frustrated

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 01/16/20 5:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
OK I don't usually talk about politics on the boards as it stresses me out and I come here for fun and individually I like most of the democratic candidates but

THEY ARE SO FUCKING BORING!!!!

We need someone young, and modern, and inclusive and authentic that represents a new America and they are all so boring.

I hate Trump but even when he is lying I believe him, I believe he believes what he is saying even when he contradicts himself 10 seconds later in the same interview, when the democrats are talking I think even when they are speaking their truth they are trying to sell me something. like they had four handlers write their joke and tell them how to hold their hand the way that focus groups find the most appealing.

Biden and Bernie are so old, I am sorry I don't mean to be ageist but so old, if you just let them talk long enough they go from strong politician to reminecsing grandpa who had a couple drinks to someone you might not let drive at night. Styer is a cardboard cut out propped up by stacks of 1,000 dollar bills, how was he in the debate but Yang and Booker were not it ridiculous it is almost as if the democratic committee decide there was no way a person of color could beat Trump so they should knock them out before they even have a chance to let the voters decide, Tom Styer is like a decaf skim latte if it was a person, no not a decaf latte a decaf flat white for you Starbucks customers.

Klobochar, love her, but she is way too boring and reasonable to ever be President.

Warren, I like Warren she reminds me of my teachers from Brookline Mass where I grew up, when she actually has the time to explain her plans I totally bye it, but she is doing that Hillary thing where she is trying too hard to be liked that she keeps finessing her image and tweaking her policies to the point where you just don't believe her. I would love for there to be a first woman president, and I think the narrative that she is too far left is false we all know even the best Presidents now a days can only do about 5% of what they set out to do so why not shoot for the moon and then compromise. But even the moments where she is trying to be real come across as phony now, I don't blame her but it is going to cost her the primary unless she goes back to her best self, (people seem to be more forgiving of men who come across as full of shit), that didn't give a shit what people thought and truly wanted to make change for the better.

Buttigieg he could be that young modern America I am talking about, but he is the most middle of the road boring gay person ever. And yes I get it, it is AMAZING that there is a legit out gay Presidential candidate, and of course that candidate has to be a mid-western white man of faith, married, family values, from the military, representing the centrist lane of the democratic party but I just wish he'd say "Trump you stupid Bitch, you put kids in cage, pull out of Syria after a night of phone sex with Erdojan, trying to keep trans people out of the army even though you know they could kick your ass, you have a litmus test for only pro life judges really Mary, you don't actually give a shit about abortion and have probably paid for some, you're a corrupt, con man, bullshit artist, small dicked, misogynist, xenophobic, white supremacist, It's 2020 and we are going back to the future, so bye girl, bye!" That is the pissed off queen we need running for President.

SO without that modern, pissed off vision of an inclusive better future running on the democratic side I am scared to say that Trump is going to eat all these people's lunch, never apologize, and now that he has his base riled up over what will be this failed Impeachment he is going steamroll this current crop of democrats and win in 2020. Don't trust the polls, Before the impeachment the democrats could have run a broom with a sign that said "not Trump" built on the momentum of the midterms and won, but we have given Trump just what he needs to win, boring candidates, the mantle of being a victim, and a narrative that the liberal elite's hate the common man and would do anything to undermine their will.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me be wrong!

Also please don't flame me too much for this opinion I am just so frustrated

X_jammer_

PostPosted: 01/17/20 2:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With regard to the charge that Sanders told Warren a woman couldn't win, I think it become very relevant exactly what he said. If it was "a woman can't become president" then it doesn't seem believable. But if it was "a woman can't beat Trump" as I hear some people saying, then it is believable to me.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/17/20 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
....I just wish he'd say "Trump you stupid Bitch, you put kids in cage, pull out of Syria after a night of phone sex with Erdojan, trying to keep trans people out of the army even though you know they could kick your ass, you have a litmus test for only pro life judges really Mary, you don't actually give a shit about abortion and have probably paid for some, you're a corrupt, con man, bullshit artist, small dicked, misogynist, xenophobic, white supremacist, It's 2020 and we are going back to the future, so bye girl, bye!" That is the pissed off queen we need running for President.

Laughing Laughing I'd vote for THAT....how can we get that slogan onto a bumper sticker? Laughing Laughing From your rant, I think you want AOC on the ticket. I'd love it....even if she'd just be allowed to debate Trump one time.

I know I feel that same frustration. My best guess is that each of these candidates is following a closely calculated script: They know they have the base that's going to vote for a stump over Trump, so they're trying to attract the ever-elusive swing voters, who voted for Barack and Donald. They're hoping the people who backed Trump will now realize he IS crazy, and want some 'sanity' restored. I think they have Biden leading in polls cuz they want some nostalgic return to the immediate past.

I do wish Styer and Bloomberg could just save their megabucks to put into campaign ads when the final candidate is determined, cuz it ain't gonna be one of them.

PostPosted: 01/21/20 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"He was in Congress for years. He had one senator support him. Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done," Clinton says in the film, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "He was a career politician. It's all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it."

The comments in the documentary are aimed directly at his core campaign appeal -- that he's a political outsider pitching revolutionary change.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/21/politics/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-documentary/index.html

PostPosted: 01/21/20 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hillary is nothing if not petty. She's still mad that he had the temerity to challenge her in 2016.

PostPosted: 01/21/20 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Hillary is nothing if not petty. She's still mad that he had the temerity to challenge her in 2016.

She's definitely holding a grudge that he took longer than wanted to back her four years ago.

PostPosted: 01/22/20 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for defamation

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/tulsi-gabbard-sues-hillary-clinton-defamation-over-russian-asset-remark-n1120176

Quote:
Clinton felt slighted because Gabbard was one of the first Democrats to publicly endorse Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., for president in 2016 over her, "becoming the most prominent politician to do so at the time."

PostPosted: 01/23/20 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The New York Times editorial board has endorsed both Warren and Klobuchar.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/20/the-new-york-times-endorses-both-amy-klobuchar-and-elizabeth-warren-for-president/

tfan

PostPosted: 01/31/20 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bloomberg is getting a lot more bang for his buck than Steyer, maybe because he was a mayor of our largest city.

Economist/YouGov January 29th national poll:
Biden 26
Sanders 24
Warren 20
Buttigieg 7
Yang 4
Bloomberg 4
Klobuchar 4
Gabbard 2
Steyer 1
Bennet 1
Patrick 1

The Hills/HarrisX January 29th national poll:
Biden 29
Sanders 17
Bloomberg 11
Warren 9
Buttigieg 5
Yang 4
Steyer 4
Klobuchar 2
Gabbard 2
Bennet 1
Patrick 1

Quinnipiac January 28 national poll:
Biden 26
Sanders 21
Warren 15
Bloomberg 8
Klobuchar 7
Buttigieg 6
Yang 3
Steyer 2
Gabbard 1
Bennet 0
Patrick 0

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/02/20 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

An oldie-but-goodie compilation of Biden lies and plagiarism from his 1987 presidential run, for those who were not around then or don't recall. Scores of Biden gaffes are undoubtedly on tape since the '70's and surely will be played in ads against him -- if not in the primaries, then in the general if he's the candidate.

<iframe width="617" height="351" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TFOpQEd2ofE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another sad-to-say thing: Some in the media are trying to cover Biden's obvious old-age mental decline and memory confusions by claiming he's always had a "stuttering" problem. I've listened to him his entire career, almost 50 years, and he never had a stutter in his prolific public speaking. These old-age declines happen, more or less, to all of us . . . unfortunately.
pilight

PostPosted: 02/02/20 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All the septuagenarian candidates should give people pause

PostPosted: 02/03/20 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="875" height="573" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eyXiFU_ZMCk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyXiFU_ZMCk&t=509s

"Elizabeth knows with the stroke of the pen, with the power of a pen, legislating with an intersectional lens, we can be on a pathway to a brighter future, to a more equitable, just, inclusive, and progressive world."

PostPosted: 02/03/20 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jill Biden says she no longer considers Lindsey Graham a friend

Quote:
"Well, you know, Lindsey -- I don't know what happened to Lindsey. And we used to be great friends and friends with John McCain," she added. "I mean we traveled together with the (Senate) Foreign Relations Committee. We've had dinner. You know, and now he's changed."

"Do you consider him a friend anymore?" Berman asked.

"You know, it's hard when you, I don't know, consider somebody a friend and then they've said so many things, so many negative things. And it's -- that's been a little hurtful."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jill-biden-says-she-no-longer-considers-lindsey-graham-a-friend/ar-BBZBlS6?li=BBnbfcL

PostPosted: 02/03/20 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/02/03/us/elections/results-iowa-caucus-democrats.html

Go Bernie!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 02/04/20 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Democrats can't even run their own caucus, yet they expect us to trust them to run the country?

PostPosted: 02/04/20 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Democrats can't even run their own caucus, yet they expect us to trust them to run the country?

Calm down, Donald.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/04/20 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Since when do the dems of Iowa run the country?

You know better than to post stupid shit like this. At least I thought you did.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
pilight

PostPosted: 02/04/20 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's gonna be like the Republican caucus in 2012, where the winner wasn't officially announced until two weeks later

PostPosted: 02/04/20 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This mess is only the beginning of things to come for 2020.

PostPosted: 02/04/20 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
It's gonna be like the Republican caucus in 2012, where the winner wasn't officially announced until two weeks later

I guess you were right then. The Republicans shouldn’t have been trusted to run the country.

What are recommending now, the Tea Party?

pilight

PostPosted: 02/04/20 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

I guess you were right then. The Republicans shouldn’t have been trusted to run the country.

They weren't. They lost the election by a wide margin.

PostPosted: 02/04/20 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

They weren't. They lost the election by a wide margin.

Oh, you put an expiration date on it? The Republicans couldn’t be trusted to run the country in 2012, but they could be trusted in 2016? Makes total sense!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 29 of 43

Jump to: