View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/02/20 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
Joyner Holmes is interesting. After her freshman year I was sure she would be a POY candidate, then she had several setbacks. I think she could turn out to be really really good player in the right situation.

This _____ If we keep our 2nd first rd pick and shes around i want her.

+1

I'm not convinced. But ok as a second round pick I guess. Even though some of it is injury, she's shown no inclination to actually get into shape that I have seen. Plus I like to see bball 'smarts' from someone with potential, and she too often just does dumb things (IMO).

They’re saying second first round pick (#9), not the second round pick (#15 or #21) .

Currently, playing at a sophomore level.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/03/20 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nvm....

PostPosted: 02/03/20 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wrong thread

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 02/03/20 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Here’s something I thought I’d never say.
Kathleen Doyle of Iowa on the draft radar?
I have a tough time seeing her stick on a roster long term, although that’s up to her if she gets the opportunity. She’s having a Big Ten POY level of a season.

Her teammate last year and the National PoY and didn’t make an opening roster. Samantha Logic was an All-American and the best passer in the country during her senior year and played one season. Lisa Bluder is a great coach when it comes to getting her talent to overachieve, but she’s never produced a career WNBA player. Doyle’s been spectacular, but I don’t see her as a long-term prospect.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/20 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like I said, it’d be up to her to make the most of any opportunity she gets. It’s not about the coach.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/04/20 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Shades wrote:
Here’s something I thought I’d never say.
Kathleen Doyle of Iowa on the draft radar?
I have a tough time seeing her stick on a roster long term, although that’s up to her if she gets the opportunity. She’s having a Big Ten POY level of a season.

Her teammate last year and the National PoY and didn’t make an opening roster. Samantha Logic was an All-American and the best passer in the country during her senior year and played one season. Lisa Bluder is a great coach when it comes to getting her talent to overachieve, but she’s never produced a career WNBA player. Doyle’s been spectacular, but I don’t see her as a long-term prospect.

If only Doyle and fellow backcourt starter Makenzie Meyer could be combined into one player. Doyle's overall game has few weaknesses aside from her 3-point shooting (just 33% from 3 this year, but 45% from the field overall), which is what Meyer tends to bring to the team (40% from 3). Still, Doyle heating up in conference by scoring over 20 PPG on over 50% from the field I agree is something worth keeping an eye on... though I wish she turned the ball over a lot less.

Speaking of point guard prospects, I saw that DePaul's Kelly Campbell got her first triple-double of the season, maybe even of her career. That's someone I really like, as she leads the nation in ATO by a lot while shooting 42% from 3 this year (78% of her shot attempts have been 3's fwiw). Add a 5'10 frame with 8 RPG and it all shows me that she has both the intelligence and physicality to play at the next level if she's drafted onto the right team - I have local franchise Chicago taking her, where she'd get to learn under Slooty and have a good shot at competing for the back-up PG spot. She's a poor-man's Ionescu but as a true PG. Her teammate Chante Stonewall (17 PPG on 49% from 2-point range to go with 2.5 SPG) is a SF prospect for me as well.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/20 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yD6KQn9l9ww" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thibault likes to have good ball handlers in all the positions.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gaOr-hmH0qU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thibault and Alana Beard commenting on Ty Harris.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/05/20 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KnHXjnChhKI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Geno calls Ionescu a generational player as he describes how she has contributed to the building of the Oregon program. He goes on to explain what makes her so good.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 02/05/20 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#TeamSatou

toad455

PostPosted: 02/05/20 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree that Sabally would be a better fit for Dallas than Cox, especially if the Wings re-sign Glory Johnson. Gives them a big lineup and Sabally isn't easy to defend either.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/20 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I agree that Sabally would be a better fit for Dallas than Cox, especially if the Wings re-sign Glory Johnson. Gives them a big lineup and Sabally isn't easy to defend either.

Thats the exact reason why we wouldnt need Sabally.... Arrow Arrow Arrow If we DO NOT resign Glory then i could see us flirting with this idea. Overall we need a big who plays big . IMS cannot be the future down low with expecations of winning.

PostPosted: 02/05/20 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Thats the exact reason why we wouldnt need Sabally.... Arrow Arrow Arrow If we DO NOT resign Glory then i could see us flirting with this idea. Overall we need a big who plays big . IMS cannot be the future down low with expecations of winning.

Harrison is their starting center. Steven's would start at PF if Johnson doesn't return. And, IMO, Gustafson is better than IMS and should be developed.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/05/20 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Harrison is their starting center. Steven's would start at PF if Johnson doesn't return. And, IMO, Gustafson is better than IMS and should be developed.

I cant fathom .....Harrison is not the answer neither. Stevens is coming off Foot surgery and shes verbally stated she does not like to play in the post so more so 3/4 swing player. We have Stevens, Thornton , Johnson , Anigwe all whom can play the 4. Adding Sabally would not make sense when we have players like Harrison , IMS and Gustaffson to rely on at the 5. Arrow Arrow Arrow

PostPosted: 02/05/20 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Adding Sabally would not make sense when we have players like Harrison , IMS and Gustaffson to rely on at the 5. Arrow Arrow Arrow

...unless Sabally is better than (or has a much higher ceiling than) all of the players you mentioned.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/05/20 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We can start speculating who Dallas takes once we know what they get for Diggins via trade.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/05/20 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

at #2, you take best available...then you try to move other pieces that have value. Or you straight up trade #2 for someone who fits your need. jmo

- Amanda Gorman
Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/06/20 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28644456/lsu-fifth-year-senior-ayana-mitchell-knee-season

Mitchell, an undersized but highly productive true PF listed at 6'0, was averaging 13.7 PPG on over 67% from the field along with 8.9 RPG. Hate seeing this happen to anyone, but particularly when it ends a person's (college) career. Crying or Very sad

Randy

PostPosted: 02/06/20 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another former Hawks player in the news......

Shades

PostPosted: 02/08/20 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ionescu notches yet another triple double against Arizona.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WbaZbDtwx0s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

awhom111

PostPosted: 02/08/20 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A very weak year for internationals, but here are the top prospects:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2020/02/international-names-to-know-for-2020-draft/

Quite possible that nobody gets picked. Also possible that somebody not on the list (like my deep sleeper Chelsea D'Angelo) gets picked instead.

Next year is the international goldmine as long as nobody makes a late decision to go to college.
toad455

PostPosted: 02/08/20 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2020/02/international-names-to-know-for-2020-draft/

Quite possible that nobody gets picked. Also possible that somebody not on the list (like my deep sleeper Chelsea D'Angelo) gets picked instead.

Next year is the international goldmine as long as nobody makes a late decision to go to college.

I believe Nanoko Todo of Japan is also eligible.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 02/10/20 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:

Who should be on our radars for next year, OOC?

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 02/10/20 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sun move up to #7 in round one, Storm move down to #11 in round one and pick up Tuck

Shades

PostPosted: 02/10/20 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Carolina just beat UConn tonight 70-52.

Here’s the PG head-to-head matchup.
Dangerfield 25 pts (9–18, 3-7 3P, 4-5 FT), 4 reb, 2 ast, 3 TO, 0 stl
Ty Harris... 19 pts (9-19, 1-4 3P, 0-0 FT), 4 reb, 11 ast, 0 TO, 1 stl

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401169349

Last edited by Shades on 02/10/20 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/10/20 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
South Carolina just beat UConn tonight 70-52.

Here’s the PG head-to-head matchup.
Dangerfield 25 pts (9–18, 3-7 3P, 4-5 FT), 4 reb, 2 ast, 3 TO, 0 stl
Tay Harris.. 19 pts (9-19, 1-4 3P, 0-0 FT), 4 reb, 11 ast, 0 TO, 1 stl

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401169349

I know you are looking at Bella Allarie but with Sims out is Harris at 6 a thought?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 22 of 59

Jump to: