RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other games: Mon. 1/27 - Sun. 2/2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/02/20 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

osubeavers wrote:
Nice full court basket by Mikayla Pivec for Oregon State against Utah

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28614314

Too bad it was just after the buzzer. Love that girl.

Wow, had that counted, i would think it'd be one of the longest in hoop history.

I, too, love her game.

PostPosted: 02/02/20 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kentucky falls to Florida at home 70-62. It’s going to be a long month without Howard. On the bright side Chastity Patterson scored 25 points. I think she could really turn out to be a good pick up for Mitchell. We need other players contributing. Our recruiting has never fully recovered from the mass transfers a couple of years ago. Mitchell also seems to struggle with recruiting posts. We’ve had a couple good posts over the years, but apart from Stallworth, Akhator, and Alexis Jennings he never seems to develop them to their potential.

PostPosted: 02/02/20 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU gets creamed by Drexel in Philly, 70-48. I hope the rumors come to pass and Villanova steals Drexel's coach. She's a Nova grad so it might just be where her heart is.....and would give the rest of the CAA some breathing room.

PostPosted: 02/02/20 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gee-Zoo-EEEE.

Some interesting games:

ND takes a morale-boosting game over GA Tech

After trailing KS by 22 at the half, OK turns it on and ties it in reg., and goes on the win it by 12.... Shocked That comes close to their record comeback at Cal, when they overcame a 26 pt deficit to win, during the Paris years.

Speaking of Cal, they get their first PAC 12 win over WA St. in OT.

Duke gave NC State all it could handle, losing by only 3.

Carter-less TX A&M falls by one to Lsu.

MN beats Rutgers by 2 in 2OT.

Unranked MI takes out #18 Iowa. Comfortably. Shocked

PostPosted: 02/02/20 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the Big East today,

Thriller between Seton Hall and Villanova in Philly today. Seton Hall was down by 9 entering the 4th quarter before fighting back. Frosh Mya Jackson went to the line with 4 secs left with a chance to take the lead as Seton Hall was down 63-62. She made the first and missed the second but Shadeen Samuels go the rebound and made a shot for the 65-63 Seton Hall win.

These two games went as expected:

St. John's won at Georgetown 74-68 (a tad closer than I would have expected but still a SJU win).

DePaul wins easily at home over Providence 93-71 and DePaul's Kelly Campbell had a triple-double.

Marquette about gave me a heart attack but prevails in a thriller over Creighton 52-50. Lauren Van Kleunen hit the go ahead bucket for MU with .7 secs left. Creighton got off a decent shot late but thankfully it was off the mark. Marquette was awful in the first half with only 6 points in the first quarter and only 19 points at the half when they trailed by 13. But they shut down Creighton fairly well in the second half holding them to only 4 points in the 3rd quarter and did just enough to pick up this big win. Their free throw shooting almost cost them this game as they were an awful 6 of 13 from the line Sad. Marquette moved to 17-5 and 8-3 in the BE and are alone in 2nd place in the conference right now.

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 02/03/20 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
HomerCecil wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
It was a bit of a crazy night in the Big East.

St. John's and Villanova went to OT for the second time this season with Villanova sweeping the season series with a 66-64 win in OT. I'm really surprised Villanova beat SJU twice this season.

A bad Xavier team almost won at Butler but Butler just barely pulled it out 63-61 in OT.

DePaul was up 20-5 on Creighton at home after the first quarter and held a 41-21 halftime lead. But Creighton came back in this one and prevails 63-61 handing DePaul their first BE loss of the season. Creighton's star senior Jalyn Agnew is also out with an injury right now.

And these two games went as I would have expected:

Seton Hall won 61-47 at Georgetown

Marquette easily beat a bad Providence team 85-55. Things will be much tougher when nemesis Creighton comes to town Sunday especially with them coming off their win at DePaul.

Agree on the Xavier-Butler game, and it is even more surprising when you take into account that A'Riana Gray, by far Xavier's best player, did not dress, along with two other players.

Xavier actually led 58-53 in OT but ended up finishing the game with only four players on the court after foul-outs and the injuries were taken into account.

Yeah I was quite excited when I saw they were up by 5 in OT as Marquette could have pulled ahead of Butler in the standings if they had lost. I didn't realize they finished with only 4 players - ouch.

What do you think of Melanie Moore? I know it would be tough to come in and get things turned around right away of course.

Coach Moore seems to have a great attitude and, I think, knows she has a whole lot of work to do. I think the real question is whether the athletic department is committed to the program. Given that Brian Neal lasted so long, I'm not sure that's the case.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: