Minnesota Lynx 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
justintyme

PostPosted: 01/25/20 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Hearing rumbles of something big in the works.

Bonner or Angel? I’d love to have either on the Lynx.

I’d like Bonner. No trade would be required and she can play anything from the 2 to the 4 plus some emergency 5. But as long as PHX pays her the new max (and they will), I don’t see any reason why she would leave PHX. They drafted her and have been treating her well as far as I know. Plus she’s playing with one of the best centers. I’m not sure the Lynx would give her more than a one year deal at new max, because some important contracts expire after this season. GM’s gotta be careful giving those multi year contracts at new max.

Well, the Lynx can't sign her to the super-max the same way the Mercury could unless they did a sign-and-trade.

The most she could sign for with the Lynx would be 185k vs. 215k the Mercury could sign her for.

PostPosted: 01/25/20 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
The most she could sign for with the Lynx would be 185k vs. 215k the Mercury could sign her for.

Good point. Those 'max vs other max' qualifications are going to be much more important now that there's a 30k difference rather than the nominal 2.5k in the last CBA. I wonder if we do see sign-and-trades for UFAs just to get them that extra cash (something I believe is legal, but can't state unequivocally because there's never been any real point before).

PostPosted: 01/25/20 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
We are in the negotiating period prior to free agency. A 'big' move wouldn't necessarily have to require giving anyone up.

Also if someone wanted to go to Minnesota, we've certainly seen people traded for packages that aren't far off '#6 pick + young player filler'.

Shepard seems like a logical possibility for the "young player filler." She showed potential last season. Not sure how her knee recovery is going though.

adamj95

PostPosted: 01/25/20 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
We are in the negotiating period prior to free agency. A 'big' move wouldn't necessarily have to require giving anyone up.

Also if someone wanted to go to Minnesota, we've certainly seen people traded for packages that aren't far off '#6 pick + young player filler'.

Shepard seems like a logical possibility for the "young player filler." She showed potential last season. Not sure how her knee recovery is going though.

I’d hate to give up Shepard. We only saw a small sample of what she could do, and I think she had a really good connection with Collier.

PostPosted: 01/25/20 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

It matters what player you’re talking about.

For Diggins, if she was unrestricted I suppose I might take a shot, but I’ve never been that high on her.... not the most unselfish player for a supposed PG. She’s already shown she’s not a good match with Sims. Why revisit that situation, plus she’s been an emotional basket case. The more I talk about her, the less I want her. She’d probably be much happier with the Liberty.

For McCoughtry, not the greatest match. Can she play the SG? Reeve trying to juggle the starting SG position between Augustus and McCoughtry would be a team buster. No, I don’t want Collier as a long term PF. Reeve is high on Dantas for a reason.

If Dallas cores Diggins, Glory Johnson is available for free. She’s probably been humbled enough in the league lately to not demand a starting position. She can play PF/SF. Not the greatest positions of need, but she be could worth a shot as a true unrestricted.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/25/20 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Apologies, we're not actually in the 'free agent negotiating period' yet. We're in the 'no one's talking to anyone except their own people, we swear, honest, would never tell a lie' period. Official talking doesn't start until Tuesday.

PostPosted: 01/26/20 2:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

For Diggins, if she was unrestricted I suppose I might take a shot, but I’ve never been that high on her.... not the most unselfish player for a supposed PG. She’s already shown she’s not a good match with Sims. Why revisit that situation, plus she’s been an emotional basket case. The more I talk about her, the less I want her. She’d probably be much happier with the Liberty.

What has Diggins done to be tagged an emotional basketcase?

Also, she is a scoring PG by default. Who the heck else has Diggins played with outside of Liz that can truly be a better offensive option than her? The problem is, she is should be at the 2, but she's never played with a PG better and got stuck there.

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/26/20 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

You just never give me creds. When have you ever? It’s a competition for you, like Megdal vs Winsidr, and you’re definitely Megdal. Wink

I'm competing with you? You've put up 50 thousand posts and I've put up 1/10 of that. I don't care about this place anywhere near as much as you do. The crux of the problem is that you're so needy for credit. You always try to claim credit for being first with an idea when no one cares. Yes, if you come up with something truly original, feel free to claim credit. But you do it with every little damn thing. And you always have to be right to the point of obnoxiousness. No one cares if you're wrong. Everyone on this board is wrong all the time. It's just when you're wrong AND annoying in the process that it becomes an issue. Maybe I was mistaken in thinking you were taking a jab at me this time. But admit it, you've been known to troll people. Once you have that reputation, you won't get the benefit of a doubt.

As for my overacting, you just issued an eleven-part post. That has to be the most effort anyone has ever put into a response in the history of this board.

PostPosted: 01/26/20 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Shades wrote:

You just never give me creds. When have you ever? It’s a competition for you, like Megdal vs Winsidr, and you’re definitely Megdal. Wink

I'm competing with you? You've put up 50 thousand posts and I've put up 1/10 of that. I don't care about this place anywhere near as much as you do. The crux of the problem is that you're so needy for credit. You always try to claim credit for being first with an idea when no one cares. Yes, if you come up with something truly original, feel free to claim credit. But you do it with every little damn thing. And you always have to be right to the point of obnoxiousness. No one cares if you're wrong. Everyone on this board is wrong all the time. It's just when you're wrong AND annoying in the process that it becomes an issue. Maybe I was mistaken in thinking you were taking a jab at me this time. But admit it, you've been known to troll people. Once you have that reputation, you won't get the benefit of a doubt.

As for my overacting, you just issued an eleven-part post. That has to be the most effort anyone has ever put into a response in the history of this board.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/26/20 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Reeve's is involved with coaching the designated 8 I could see her developing a relationship with Diggins- Smith maybe something like

Diggins-Smith to Minn
Sims to Atl
McCoughtry to Dallas

With possible pick switches thrown in to balance things out

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/26/20 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Shades wrote:

Damn, root. Surprised

PostPosted: 01/26/20 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Shades wrote:

I'm competing with you? You've put up 50 thousand posts and I've put up 1/10 of that.

Hmm... a little post count envy happening here? That’s something I never really considered before.

root_thing wrote:
I don't care about this place anywhere near as much as you do.

I’m not really getting that vibe from you. There’s been a lot going on lately and you’ve had more than your share of things to say. Definitely showing a lot of interest.

By “this place” do you mean the people here? Because that’s all this is this is a gathering of people with their thoughts. The reason I have so many posts is because I share a lot of information and make helpful posts like game threads, for instance. “Sharing is caring” (tip of the hat to pilight), and most don’t here share that much. So if this was your roundabout way of saying I care about people, that’s the nicest thing you’ve ever roundabout said to me.

root_thing wrote:
The crux of the problem is that you're so needy for credit.

Did the chicken or the egg come first?

root_thing wrote:
You always try to claim credit for being first with an idea when no one cares.

Now you’re trying to call me Megdal.

This “no one cares” seems to be a theme of yours. It’s a sad sentiment if true, but methinks doth protest too much.

root_thing wrote:
Yes, if you come up with something truly original, feel free to claim credit.

Thanks for giving me your permission. Do I have to run it by you first to see if it fits your originality criteria? These demands make me feel like you do care more than you’re willing to admit.

How about Johannes as a WNBA prospect? Original enough? She’s on your team, and as much as I want to see her succeed, it really does seem like you would rather see her fail, even if it hurts the team.

root_thing wrote:
But you do it with every little damn thing.

Well, for someone who doesn’t care, you seem to be keeping track of everything.

root_thing wrote:
No one cares if you're wrong. Everyone on this board is wrong all the time.

PSYCH 101: You couldn’t bring yourself to say “I’m wrong all the time”. Won’t hold my breath on that one.

root_thing wrote:
It's just when you're wrong AND annoying in the process that it becomes an issue.

This is EXACTLY how I felt when you interrupted my dialogue with toad. Remember, you started this whole thing and this is how YOU decided to proceed and direct your energy?

root_thing wrote:
Maybe I was mistaken in thinking you were taking a jab at me this time.

Here’s another crux of the problem. You started this whole thing, and this is your ideal of an apology?

root_thing wrote:
But admit it, you've been known to troll people.

Naw, I don’t fit the true definition. That’s just the way haters want to paint me as an excuse for getting personal with me. That’s exactly what you’re doing here. I give my honest opinion on things, and an honest opinion isn’t always popular. I never kiss ass. A few people respect that, but many people don’t. They need their asses kissed, so if I don’t I’m mud to them. So yeah, I don’t strive to be popular with my opinions, but that doesn’t fit the definition of what your saying.

root_thing wrote:
Once you have that reputation, you won't get the benefit of a doubt.

Well you’ve got your own reputation going with me, but unlike you, I’ll probably give you the benefit of doubt. That’s the kind of person I am.

root_thing wrote:
As for my overacting, you just issued an eleven-part post.

Well it was a part for every point you were making at me. I strive to address everything. Look at the only part you decided to emphasize above. It’s where I thought I was saying something that might lighten the mood... even used a wink emoji. But no, you decided to continue the pissing match. So here we are, still pissing.

root_thing wrote:
That has to be the most effort anyone has ever put into a response in the history of this board.

I doubt that’s true, but you sound really proud of yourself here. Is this what you were hoping for? Congratulations. The most unapologetic apology I’ve ever received.

justintyme

PostPosted: 01/26/20 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Stuff

root_thing wrote:
Stuff

At this point let's move on from this subject. If anything else needs to be said take it to PMs and out of the team thread.

PostPosted: 01/26/20 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades is just in mourning again because Moore isn't returning again this season. Has to take their frustration out on someone. IMO, Shades needs a vacation from these boards.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/26/20 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Shades wrote:

Damn, root. Surprised

Tea was spilled. Rebkell’s is flooding. Laughing

justintyme

PostPosted: 01/26/20 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone who keeps adding to this after I've asked us to move on might find themselves taking a vacation from these boards.

PostPosted: 01/26/20 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades is just in mourning again because Moore isn't returning again this season

Let's just shorten it to Moore-ning

PostPosted: 01/26/20 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

trying to change the topic

here is a crazy idea

What if Sloot and Quigley wanted to come to Minny? It is conceivable and with the new CBA I could see a way they could pull it off

So both are UFA so lets assume Chicago cores Sloot

Quigley signs a big contract with Minny
then Sloot informs Chicago behind the scenes that she would like to play with her spouse in Minny and if that can't happen this might be the right time in her career to take a season off and rest and extend her playing time in 20 one max contract is worth almost two in 19 so it wouldn't that much of a financial hit and both still make more in Russia anyway.
Minn decides to try and not be a jerk so they offer say Sims and #6 for Sloot (maybe Shepard gets thrown in maybe Chicago gives Minn #8 if that is the case but Sims and #6 for an older Sloot who is basically demanding a one team trade doesn't seem to out of the question).

then we get

Sloot/Brown
Quigley/Augustus/Christmas
Collier/Talbot
Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Fagbenle

finish it off with #15 or a resigned D-Rob and Minn would be back in the contending mix for a couple of years

It would suck for Chicago but one silver lining not having to pay sloot and Quigley means they can afford to sign all their other free agents

Sims/Faulkner
Deshields/Copper/#6
Williams/KLS
Lavender/N'Dour/#8
Dolson/C. Parker

and they have two first round picks to fill out their perimeter and post

I actually kind of like this Chicago team

PS I don't think this is going to happen but just going big with Justin's tease

justintyme

PostPosted: 01/26/20 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hahaha. I could get behind something like that. Chicago fans...well..at least you're not trolling them in their team thread! Wink Laughing

PostPosted: 01/26/20 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the odds of VanderQuigs joining the Lynx are infinitesimally more than LeBron joining the Timberwolves when he was last a FA.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 01/28/20 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per Rachel Galligan, Odyssey Sims is likely to sit out the season.

https://twitter.com/RachGall/status/1222278463299571712

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/28/20 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

I told everyone about this headache 2 teams ago.

PostPosted: 01/28/20 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

I told everyone about this headache 2 teams ago.

Yes you did Idea

Anything lingering from her DUI?

Shades

PostPosted: 01/28/20 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Not the exact wording: “unlikely to play.”

Why is it “unlikely to play” instead of “definitely not playing”. Sounds more like a rumor than solid news.

My mind is whirring on what it could be.

Any chance she, like others, figured out this new CBA isn’t helping her out financially this year, so why play?

Another idea which is bigger stretch is did she hear Diggins wanted to come to Minnesota? If this was the case, she could just ask for a trade and keep playing.

Does she need to go to a full time rehab facility?

Those are three ideas. I think the first one is the strongest. Could be something totally different. Will they ever tell us? Might be bad info too.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/28/20 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Any chance she, like others, figured out this new CBA isn’t helping her out financially this year, so why play?

If she doesn't play, that scenario won't change. She'll be right back in the same boat next year with even less leverage to do anything about it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 8 of 29

Jump to: