RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/injuries/etc. 19-20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRballer

PostPosted: 01/22/20 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Kayla Robbins is done for her career at Michigan due to an ACL tear suffered at Nebraska on Sunday.

Ugh, that is so sad. And a blow for Michigan as she was playing well.

Nothing out of Palo Alto on Haley Jones yet?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/25/20 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Destiny Pitts was in Tucson last evening for the Arizona State Arizona basketball game. She's being recruited by the Wildcats.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/25/20 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Breyenne Bellerand is no longer on the JMU roster. Reason not yet disclosed.

PostPosted: 02/02/20 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

D'Aisha Gregg a 6-2 F who started the season with Geo Tech as a frosh, left school, went JUCO and now has verballed Florida State for 2020-21.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/02/20 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Destiny Pitts was watching the Gophers game today.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/04/20 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The peripatetic Eternati Willock has landed at Morehead State.
https://msueagles.com/news/2020/1/31/womens-basketball-lands-highly-touted-transfer-forward-eternati-willock.aspx
Let's see if she stays long enough to unpack.

PostPosted: 02/04/20 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Junior G Bendu Yeaney and Freshman PG Shaila Beeler are transferring from Indiana. https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2020/01/31/bendu-yeaney-shaila-beeler-transfer-iu-womens-basketball/4624036002/

PostPosted: 02/05/20 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
The peripatetic Eternati Willock has landed at Morehead State.
https://msueagles.com/news/2020/1/31/womens-basketball-lands-highly-touted-transfer-forward-eternati-willock.aspx
Let's see if she stays long enough to unpack.

Not to disparage the player, but that was my reaction as well, for the well-traveled Willock.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/05/20 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The thing that struck me in the article about the Indiana players was that apparently Indiana hasn't signed anyone for next year. That doesn't bode well for the Hoosier women, who are having a pretty good year this year.

PostPosted: 02/05/20 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
The thing that struck me in the article about the Indiana players was that apparently Indiana hasn't signed anyone for next year. That doesn't bode well for the Hoosier women, who are having a pretty good year this year.

That's because they would have had 14 players next year if those two hadn't transferred. IU only would have lost their lone senior. They'll be fine.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/05/20 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought this had been posted before, but I don't see it.

https://statenews.com/article/2020/01/michigan-state-womens-basketball-battles-injuries?ct=content_open&cv=cbox_featured

Mardrekia Cook is done for the year with an ACL Other issues were listed for Michigan State as well.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/06/20 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan’s Danielle Rauch, who stepped into the starting spot after Kayla Robbins went down, is out indefinitely with a hand injury suffered in practice yesterday.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/07/20 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ohio State freshman guard Kaelynn Satterfield has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal and has left the program.

https://twitter.com/OhioStateWBB/status/1225575719855689729

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/07/20 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

That's because they would have had 14 players next year if those two hadn't transferred. IU only would have lost their lone senior. They'll be fine.

How is that? Explain, please.

PostPosted: 02/08/20 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Indiana is a very young team. Breanna Wise is the only senior this year on a team with 6 freshmen, 2 sophomores and 4 juniors. That’s 13 alone. For next year, you subtract Wise and keep those two transfers, that’s 14.

I guess with 3 scholarships now it gives them some flexibility, and could allow for a grad transfer or two if need be.

tfan

PostPosted: 02/08/20 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Ohio State freshman guard Kaelynn Satterfield has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal and has left the program.

https://twitter.com/OhioStateWBB/status/1225575719855689729

Makes sense. She was ranked No. 39 in her class by ESPN HoopGurlz and No. 32 by ProspectsNation.com and has played 145 minutes this year (6.5mpg if you count all 22 tOSU games) which is the lowest on the team.

PRballer

PostPosted: 02/10/20 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Indiana is a very young team. Breanna Wise is the only senior this year on a team with 6 freshmen, 2 sophomores and 4 juniors. That’s 13 alone. For next year, you subtract Wise and keep those two transfers, that’s 14.

I guess with 3 scholarships now it gives them some flexibility, and could allow for a grad transfer or two if need be.

So after the two transfers, IU basically loses Wise and gains Danielle Patterson (ND transfer) for 20-21? Not bad. Will be interesting to see if they can leapfrog Maryland, Northwestern, Iowa etc. and finally be the queens of the Big Ten next year.

LitePal

PostPosted: 02/10/20 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Satterfield was already suspended in December for violating team rules so it sounds like she was in the doghouse for a while.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/10/20 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

So after the two transfers, IU basically loses Wise and gains Danielle Patterson (ND transfer) for 20-21? Not bad. Will be interesting to see if they can leapfrog Maryland, Northwestern, Iowa etc. and finally be the queens of the Big Ten next year.

I know Patberg got a 6th year (next year), but does anyone think she might/could go pro after this year?

Howee

PostPosted: 02/14/20 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OR-St.'s Kennedy Brown down with an ACL. Fellow post, Jr. Corosdale, has been out for a hamstring injury. That's a huge loss for Scotty and the Beavs. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 02/15/20 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It looks like 6’9” redshirt freshman Aquino is again unable to play for Oregon State. As is the 6’9” freshman Mitrovec. Not sure why Rueck felt he needed two 6’9” players. But he does have 6’7” Morris to play in place of 6’6” Brown, although she was #38 at her position coming out of high school (Hoopgurlz) not #4 rated like Brown.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/15/20 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
It looks like 6’9” redshirt freshman Aquino is again unable to play for Oregon State. As is the 6’9” freshman Mitrovec. Not sure why Rueck felt he needed two 6’9” players. But he does have 6’7” Morris to play in place of 6’6” Brown, although she was #38 at her position coming out of high school (Hoopgurlz) not #4 rated like Brown.

Morris has also had some injuries. I saw her in a couple of games though and thought she was useful so if she's healthy I'm not sure why he's not giving her some minutes. Maybe because she is more of an inside player he thinks she can't play when Jones is in the game and now Jones needs to be in the game almost all the time!

- Amanda Gorman
summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/16/20 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sophomore Eleanore Marciszewski has been “suspended indefinitely” from the JMU basketball team per Coach Sean O’Regan. No details were forthcoming, but quite honestly I have seen this coming for awhile. She has not been getting a lot of minutes and has been sulky on the bench. I fully expect her to transfer and have been saying that for awhile now. She’s seemed very unhappy this year.

PostPosted: 02/16/20 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Sophomore Eleanore Marciszewski has been “suspended indefinitely” from the JMU basketball team per Coach Sean O’Regan. No details were forthcoming, but quite honestly I have seen this coming for awhile. She has not been getting a lot of minutes and has been sulky on the bench. I fully expect her to transfer and have been saying that for awhile now. She’s seemed very unhappy this year.

Speaking of JMU's roster....when I checked it out, I discovered a local kid that I lost track of: Devon Merritt! I'd run into her in a grocery store in Reading and at that time she was not committed to any school yet. I always wondered where she went to school at for college. Hopefully she has been a solid contributor for JMU.

PostPosted: 02/17/20 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Speaking of JMU's roster....when I checked it out, I discovered a local kid that I lost track of: Devon Merritt! I'd run into her in a grocery store in Reading and at that time she was not committed to any school yet. I always wondered where she went to school at for college. Hopefully she has been a solid contributor for JMU.

Devon is a good kid. She comes off the bench and has accepted her role. She's not fast but can be real brutal in the lane and the opposing teams hate to see her coming. She has indeed been a solid contributor for the Dukes with a great attitude and fans will hate to see her go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 7 of 17

Jump to: