RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ESPN will air the entire first and second rounds of the NCAA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 01/21/20 5:32 pm    ::: ESPN will air the entire first and second rounds of the NCAA Reply Reply with quote

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2020/01/ncaa-division-i-womens-basketball-championship-semifinals-move-to-espn-first-and-second-rounds-to-be-available-nationally/

No more whip-around coverage!

PostPosted: 01/21/20 6:31 pm    ::: Re: ESPN will air the entire first and second rounds of the Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2020/01/ncaa-division-i-womens-basketball-championship-semifinals-move-to-espn-first-and-second-rounds-to-be-available-nationally/

No more whip-around coverage!

Woo hoo for the elimination of the awful ESPN whip-around. I was so excited when I saw this news release today.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/21/20 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh hallelujah! I have had whiplash from those damn whiparounds, not to mention annoyance from not being able to see the games I really wanted to because I was *forced* to see the games "in my region" or something like that.

PostPosted: 01/21/20 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if they will really shuffle times around to get in the Friday and Saturday games or if they will utilize other channels in their family like the SEC and ACC networks.
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/21/20 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
I wonder if they will really shuffle times around to get in the Friday and Saturday games or if they will utilize other channels in their family like the SEC and ACC networks.

It sounds to me like they'll be on multiple ESPN networks at once similar to what's done by CBS for the men's tourney where they also use TNT, TBS and TRUtv. From the release:

“Making the decision to move the women’s college basketball semifinals to ESPN and make the first and second round available nationally across our networks was a direct result of the ever-growing popularity of women’s college basketball,” said Carol Stiff, ESPN vice president of programming and acquisitions. “

linkster

PostPosted: 01/21/20 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I expect that many of the games in the 1st 2 rounds will be on ESPN+.

That's fine with me.

CompSci87

PostPosted: 01/22/20 4:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

That's fine with me.

That would be a step backward from ESPN3 where they've been for a few years. I don't see how moving them from there to a different online service that requires an extra fee would fit with an announcement like this.

awhom111

PostPosted: 01/22/20 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

That's fine with me.

Already confirmed to be only ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and ESPNEWS.

That will probably mean some extra early and late times on Friday and Saturday because they need to have time for NCAA Wrestling, which rates very well and probably also at least ESPNU for Women's Swimming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: