RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other games: Mon. 1/20 - Sun. 1/26
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/20/20 11:13 am    ::: Other games: Mon. 1/20 - Sun. 1/26 Reply Reply with quote

The top 10 games today (Monday) are Miss. St. @ S. Car., Alabama @ UTenn, and Indiana @ Maryland.
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/20/20 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MSU @ SoCaro. This is such ugly basketball. Drive. Foul. Layup. MSU makes a run to be down by one at half.

- Amanda Gorman
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/20/20 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm kind of enjoying all the self-created drives by MSU in the second quarter. Doubt that Dawn will let that continue, especially when Boston comes back in off the foul bench.
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/20/20 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I'm kind of enjoying all the self-created drives by MSU in the second quarter. Doubt that Dawn will let that continue, especially when Boston comes back in off the foul bench.

It goes back to being stubborn about not playing a zone on defense. So Caro at least has an inside out game when Boston is in. Miss St seems to have nothing outside the paint so why wouldn't you play zone.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/20/20 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and now Matharu is making me eat my words...

- Amanda Gorman
linkster

PostPosted: 01/20/20 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

S Car led 35-25 when Boston sat with her 2nd foul. Miss St outscored them 17-8 in the last 4 min of the half.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/20/20 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
MSU @ SoCaro. This is such ugly basketball. Drive. Foul. Layup. MSU makes a run to be down by one at half.

You want ugly? 24-17 Tenn over Ala. at the half.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 01/20/20 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tenn 41-35 in the 3Q. This game may be the single worst officiated WCBB game I've seen.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/20/20 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm amazed at all the successful dribble drives by both SCar and MSSt. There's little defense plus lots of athleticism. Close, teeter-totter game.
toad455

PostPosted: 01/20/20 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The defense in this Miss St. vs. SC game is terrible. If either team opted to step up their D, it might turn into a blowout.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 01/20/20 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MSU beat Rutgers 66-55. It was an ugly game. Rutgers closed it to 50-49 at the end of the 3rd but then shot nothing but bricks in the 4th(6 points total). RU's poor shooting(35.6%) and poor rebounding(47-26) caused the loss here. RU's poor inside game isn't getting them anywhere in the NCAA tournament(if they qualify).

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 01/20/20 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Tenn defeats Ala. 65-63 on a last second three-pointer by Rennia Davis, overcoming their own 20 TO's and 50%FT shooting.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/20/20 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, Miss St had about a dozen good chances to win down the stretch and was done in by their own horrific decision making and shot selection.

But that 3 pointer by Davis to rescue Tenn against Bama was a true highlight reel clip.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/20/20 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The defense in this Miss St. vs. SC game is terrible. If either team opted to step up their D, it might turn into a blowout.

that was my thought too. At least it was competitive.

- Amanda Gorman
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/20/20 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miss State and South Carolina was a very enjoyable game.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/20/20 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tough two point loss for MSSt. They shot a higher percentage than SCar across the box, but only had five assists on 33 baskets. They probably could have won with an offense that had components other than dribble driving guards or with a better defense.
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 01/20/20 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

It goes back to being stubborn about not playing a zone on defense. So Caro at least has an inside out game when Boston is in. Miss St seems to have nothing outside the paint so why wouldn't you play zone.

This blew my mind, and had me pulling out hair all game long. Especially when Miss State was dominating in the 2nd and 3rd quarters so much, at least throw in the zone look for a bit just to see if it sticks on the wall. South Carolina has played some zone this season, so it wouldn't be totally foreign to try.

Miss State finally started missing some of those shots, and compiled some fouls. Great steal there at the end by Zia Cooke, and the Gamecocks escape with the 81-79 win.

This now is why the SEC schedule set-up is so great for the Gamecocks: we don't have to see the Bulldogs again, unless its in the conference tournament. Go home, Bulldogs - we're tired of you, for the rest of the night!

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 01/20/20 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm really impressed by the freshman.

Boston continues to be as good as advertised: her strength, passing, and post moves are very good for such a young player. This was my first team seeing Jackson play and man is she a stud Shocked

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 01/20/20 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
I'm really impressed by the freshman.

Boston continues to be as good as advertised: her strength, passing, and post moves are very good for such a young player. This was my first team seeing Jackson play and man is she a stud Shocked

Jackson has been playing quite well for Miss State for some time, and she is legit. She chose Mississippi State over South Carolina. I would have loved to see her come to Columbia along with the rest of this class but with Harris and Henderson already in place for at least one season, and Cooke and Beal a part of this class, it really made sense for her to go elsewhere. So we have to play against her for 4 years, unfortunately...... Confused

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/21/20 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Tenn 41-35 in the 3Q. This game may be the single worst officiated WCBB game I've seen.

Boy howdy! And I thought the CAA refs were awful. Where do they GET these people? Have any of them even read a rule book?

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/21/20 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The DogCock game was competitive, fun and set in a great atmosphere. Ebb and flow, lots of plays, and a ton of talent, inc. young talent we get to enjoy for a long time to come.

No surprise to me if Dawn gets #2 before the frosh are seniors.

I'm not the biggest fan of the drive- hand-off -drive offense both teams used a lot, but some of the made shots were impressive. Inside, Boston plays much older than her years. Great instinct, footwork, touch, size, etc etc.

This game was "good for the game". I hope it gets big viewing numbers.

Meanwhile, in KnoxVegas, Davis' 3 was one lucky desperation chuck. She pretty much had fucked up that last play and finally had no choice but to step back and hoist.....and hit paydirt. Gotta love those homecourt buzzer-beating game winners!

Having watched that game, I actually now have hope UConn can win Thursday. I had none after it's last 2 road games. Yes, it will look like a college v HS game, and the LVs will likely have 10 blocks, but they still play dumb basketball. Sadly, that's not much of an advantage for the '19-20 edition of the Huskies.

PostPosted: 01/21/20 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis has done that one before. Never discount her. She WILL hurt you.

PostPosted: 01/22/20 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TCU led Baylor 45-44 after 3.

HFs went scoreless for nearly the first 5 mins of the 4th, trail 51-47, 4:46.

Baylor 1-8 FTs and 2-10 from 3 on the night

PostPosted: 01/22/20 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor D clamps down, a few 50-50 calls went the LB's way, and a few FTs (8-20 for the game) seal the deal, 66-57.

PostPosted: 01/22/20 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wisconsin has a 53-45 lead over Minnesota on the road at the end of the 3rd quarter. Wish I could watch this one but it's on BTN+.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: